Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found - the Ignore Lists of

Lightbulb Found - the Ignore Lists of

for those posters that have Rum_Pirate/ St.Kitts/ etc and others on their 'Ignore Lists'.

They know who they are.

Just printed them out.

What a sad lot of individuals they are.

Unfortunately they will not be able to read this post.

PS I bet that they peep.

LOL.

Default Re: Found - the Ignore Lists of

You're not on my ignore list, but a lot of other people are. I'll post it if you like.

But the the point of putting someone on the list is so that that when I open a thread, I don't have to look at their posts if I don't want to. If I want to look at them, I will. Don't like that? Awwww.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

You just don't get it, do you? Sorry Keith your post popped up in front of mine!
    Last edited by LOKI; 12-06-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I was slow

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    You're not on my ignore list, but a lot of other people are. I'll post it if you like.
    Nah, don't bother wasting your time.

I feel rather sorry for them.

They put somebody on an ignore list because they do not wish to have anything to do with them.

Yet they create threads and spend hours discussing the people that they put on ignore. ROTFLMAO

PS Eleanor Roosevelt was right.

The vast majority of them are long gone.

abbyj Al Capitan alvin greenwood Autonomous Beach Party Big Woody biga Black-Jack Boatfix bobbys Brumbie Buddy Tabor bukuboy Bung Ho C.Collins Challenger coelacanth2 crawdaddyjim50 Dane Allen Daniel Noyes delecta Delva Mae diesel_pusher Dryer lint Dutch EeBe4 El Mas Chingon eleseus erster etonparker Favorite Fonzoga Gary E genglandoh George Roberts gilliganscorner Gulfcoastbreeze Hank Rearden Hiramsaint Hot Air Iron Davey Kidd jbelow jbgusa jclays jimwillee John L. kapie9969 Ken. Khayyam1048 kitt KMacDonald Lysander Spooner mdh Mike Tremor Minnesnowtan MN Dave P0PEYE pefjr Phillip Allen Popeye Racer X RayD redeye1962 Reef_Kringle rentalman622013 RHAKCT ripley699 RipSaw RodB RodSBT RonW S/V Knumbknotz satx78247 Schooner33m Scubastud SeanM26 Seasurfer ShagRock Singlegrandad skaraborgcraft skotmiller Sky Blue slug Smitty Stinkbug Tall Boy Tanbark Spanker TANSTAF1 thud Tommy Bonds Too Little Time tusti Tylerdurden Waddie weedeater64 Wolf Tree Wolfen Woody 1985 wudzgud
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Is/was that your Ignore List?

Keith, that's like three guys... ok, maybe five.

I'm amazed I'M not on there. If I had a list, I know I'd be on it.

It's just a C&P from the list. I didn't bother to correct spacing or punctuation or anything. Many of them I don't even remember, they've been gone so long. I suspect there are some sock puppets there; hard to tell how many.

Hey, there's the original Dutch!

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Keith, that's like three guys... ok, maybe five.

I'm amazed I'M not on there. If I had a list, I know I'd be on it.
    I tried that - it didn't work
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Tanbark Spanker had a first-rate username. Rolls right off the tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.

I have about 6 on my list and RP is not one of them.

I don't have an "Ignore list". I read every post and make a decision as to whether i agree or disagree.

The diversity of lives lived, experience had, and political beliefs is one of the reasons to keep returning.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

I have 13 on my list. RP isn't one of them. Only two seem to still be active under those names. There was one that I almost always peeked at, but was there to remind me not to respond.

Hey, you have the four who are on mine! Two of whom still post...apparently.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post

LOL.
    Rummy,

You may want to see a doctor. You look like you are coming down with conjunctivitis.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

I think the only one on my list is "thud"
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Ignore lists? I enjoy watching people make fools of themselves far to much.

Personnally, I feel I'm being ignored by not being on anyone's ignore list....
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Flying under the radar………………..

Cool Re: Found - the Ignore Lists of

Hey, there's the original Dutch!

The original Dutch was Dutch Rub eh?
    Kinda like a Noogie.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

abbyj Al Capitan alvin greenwood Autonomous Beach Party Big Woody biga Black-Jack Boatfix bobbys Brumbie Buddy Tabor bukuboy Bung Ho C.Collins Challenger coelacanth2 crawdaddyjim50 Dane Allen Daniel Noyes delecta Delva Mae diesel_pusher Dryer lint Dutch EeBe4 El Mas Chingon eleseus erster etonparker Favorite Fonzoga Gary E genglandoh George Roberts gilliganscorner Gulfcoastbreeze Hank Rearden Hiramsaint Hot Air Iron Davey Kidd jbelow jbgusa jclays jimwillee John L. kapie9969 Ken. Khayyam1048 kitt KMacDonald Lysander Spooner mdh Mike Tremor Minnesnowtan MN Dave P0PEYE pefjr Phillip Allen Popeye Racer X RayD redeye1962 Reef_Kringle rentalman622013 RHAKCT ripley699 RipSaw RodB RodSBT RonW S/V Knumbknotz satx78247 Schooner33m Scubastud SeanM26 Seasurfer ShagRock Singlegrandad skaraborgcraft skotmiller Sky Blue slug Smitty Stinkbug Tall Boy Tanbark Spanker TANSTAF1 thud Tommy Bonds Too Little Time tusti Tylerdurden Waddie weedeater64 Wolf Tree Wolfen Woody 1985 wudzgud
    Now, that's impressive!

(But erster? And coelacanth2?)

Wow! I know that the Kiwi sense of humour can be a bit "out there" by North American standards, but I just find most of that lot hilariously funny. Their leaps of logic, and the squirming to justify the untenable is astounding, and provides endless hours of entertainment.
    I think Sky Blue was the only person I ever put on ignore, and two days later he was perma-banned.
    I am genuinely surprised that one of the most rational bilge denizens (and I mean that most sincerely) has such an epic ignore list, in lieu of just, well, ignoring and refusing to engage with the outrageous garbage that some twat chooses to post.

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

And some are still around despite your attempts to censor them.......must be pain full for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson
    WOW! That list bears a close resemblance to my own.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Someone is censored if I do not choose to view their posts? Please explain how that is.

I’ve got news for you... when I receive a phone call from a number I do not know or a person not in my address book I do not pick up! How’s that for censorship?
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 12-07-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Someone is censored if I do not choose to view their posts? Please explain how that is.

I’ve got news for you... when I receive a phone call from a number I do not know or a person not in my address book I do not pick up! How’s that for censorship?
    You are free to do as you please Tom. What Kieth did was to suggest other people "boycott" my posts in order to silence what he did not like to read. He is quite free to ask of course, but as the majority position showed, what he did was a pretty daft thing, not that he will ever admit that. I think the "free speech for me but not for thee", might have actually struck a cord with people who actually take the right of free speech and expression seriously. Again, if you want to have someone on ignore, that is your choice, but to ask others to "boycott" another forum member? What would you call that if not censorship?

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    And some are still around despite your attempts to censor them.......must be pain full for you?
    How the hell is ignoring someone an attempt to censor them? This isn't even bot farm dumb.

Cool Re: Found - the Ignore Lists of

My ignore list is in my head.
    It's a small list.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Rummy,

You may want to see a doctor. You look like you are coming down with conjunctivitis.
    yahoo headline: "man saved by social media post when friends notice something about his eye".

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
    My ignore list is in my head.
    Ah... so you deny yourself the occasional delicious pleasure of opening a thread to find the op as well as most of the responses blanked.

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    You are free to do as you please Tom. What Kieth did was to suggest other people "boycott" my posts in order to silence what he did not like to read....Again, if you want to have someone on ignore, that is your choice, but to ask others to "boycott" another forum member? What would you call that if not censorship?
    Where did Keith ask for a boycott?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    How the hell is ignoring someone an attempt to censor them? This isn't even bot farm dumb.
    Read the reply above your post. Again, ignoring someone is not censorship, trying to get other forum members to "boycott" another is what?

Sad to see Kieth try to turn around his failed "boycott", into him posting he believes he has an "official enemy", thats about as true as all his unsubstantied claims about me as a person, and a poor attempt to detract from his own words and actions. What he does not like and reacts to is having his own posts used against him showing his own dishonesty and hypoctisism, when he made his own choice to post false stuff.......then plays a victim. Sad really.......

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    I dont keep a record of every post that accuses me of being something im not, that would be time consuming. Someone else might recall, i do believe someone/people mashed the Scott button on Keith for even suggesting such a thing, and perhaps that was when he put me on ignore, as people quoting me after that time seemed to really up-set him. Given his past behaviour, and the embarressment of failing in his quest, he may very well have deleted it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    Someone just messaged me a link:

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...-Traitor/page4

Originally Posted by Keith Wilson
    As I've said before, I have a very well-populated Ignore List, and a fairly low tolerance for those I think post foolishness. I will now and then click on the 'View Post' button of someone I ignore; why not? It's all voluntary, and people can make their own decisions about what's worthwhile and what isn't.

But IMHO, skaraborgcraft is in another class altogether. As unlikely as it may seem in this obscure forum about wooden boats, I suspect we have an official propagandist, posting what in the old days was called the Party Line, the pro-Russian, pro-Trump, anti-democratic stuff that Mr. Putin's government has been so industrious at propagating. Whether official or not, if he's not getting paid to do this, he sure ought to be, since his output is indistinguishable in every respect from someone employed by the Ministry of Truth.

I have never suggested this before, but I think the best course is a boycott. I will no longer engage with skaraborcraft. I would ask that everybody else do the same, neither answer nor quote his posts. He contributes nothing of any value. We in the US don't need help screwing things up; we're quite good enough at that ourselves, thank you very much. Please ignore him, and the forum will be a better place.

It’s so much better you aren’t a Russian bot, just someone pushing mostly debunked conspiracy theory.

no, it’s not censorship. Right wingers are going crazy with their “free speech” bullcrapping