Thread: Constanza Handy Billy

Default Constanza Handy Billy

Maynard Bray built a cuddy for his Constanza Handy Billy.

The interior layout has been described as furniture that can be folded to suit different purposes (?).

Can't find any photos on the web, does anyone here have photos of the interior layout? Or can describe it?

Thanks

Default Re: Constanza Handy Billy

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ri?usp=sharing

All the photos I have found mate.

As I understand it there are short benches on each side forward that can be folded up so sleeping mats and bags can be laid out on the cockpit sole.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs."

Maynard is approachable. why not ask him directly?

Little bit of disclosure. I am picking up (fingers crossed) my very own Handy Billy on Saturday. It has a small cabin on it. Will send some photos if you like next week. And I did email Maynard who is very approachable indeed and generous with his time but he did say that his Constanza is his favourite boat at present.

^ Congratulations! Please post pictures of your boat.
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Blackburn View Post
    Little bit of disclosure. I am picking up (fingers crossed) my very own Handy Billy on Saturday. It has a small cabin on it. Will send some photos if you like next week. And I did email Maynard who is very approachable indeed and generous with his time but he did say that his Constanza is his favourite boat at present.
    Yes, pictures and more story, where, who, why, etc....

This is the one from Benjamin River? If so, she’s a beauty.

About to leave for home having picked Billy up from a mate who brought her across Bass Strait from Tasmania on the ferry.

Will send some more info later on the week.

Have to actually get home first as there is some serious rain falling up there.

The previous owners have done a fantastic job.

R

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

She looks great! Best of luck!

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Short story... Bought the plans about 12 months ago and have been chewing it over. I built a cnc router table and did up the moulds in Fusion 360. Parametric models off the lines. So was sort of thinking I would slowly cut out the bits, then do the build frame and gradually over time put it all together. I have built some smaller things but thought this looked easy enough(LOL).
    Then spotted someone had built one in Australia about ten years ago and stalked them. Lost the trail. Then found another one for sale but it was shot to bits with rot.
    Then I spotted Billy in the background of a photo on instagram and then joined the dots and eventually got onto the owner and he said he would sell it.

So, now I own her and the fun begins.
    Plans are as follows.
    2 seats for the Captain and his wife to sit on.
    Windscreen
    Lightweight hard top to keep sun off
    Move fuel tank from cabin to under seat.
    Add another bunk

Plan to set it up as a short term camp cruiser for 2 people for 4 days three nights max sort of thing.

Shall see how it goes.

Rob

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs."

Here are the internal photos of one done by Hylan and Brown
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...jd?usp=sharing

If you are at all interested, a mate convinced me whilst under the influence of various beers and wines to start an Insta page for the project. It is called billythehandybilly and should just come up.

I have spent so much time lurking on WBF so figure should put a bit back. Got a plan in mind and have started with the port seat version 1.0 for the wife which is adjustable for height. She is not real tall so have designed it in Fusion 360 to have a lifting seat base for steaming ahead (into the Southern Ocean) and it will lower for Gin and Tonics whilst at anchor.

This won't be a fast project.

Following you on IG!

Kevin

I'm quite interested but I don't use instagram. How about posting photos and a narrative right here on WBF.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jpatrick View Post
    I'm quite interested but I don't use instagram. How about posting photos and a narrative right here on WBF.

Jeff
    Ok, good point.

Why break with the system.

First up built myself a CNC machine prior to Covid and the lockdown was good for that. Got the hang of it and the design software Fusion 360 has sort of had me pretty obsessed with it. Then bought a Prusa 3 D printer as the natural progression. So been designing things to cut out of wood / ply etc and now can make fittings etc out of plastic. (coat with epoxy and paint)

So been printing up custom brackets and epoxy spatulas and all sorts of 'important things' and have cut out the port seat for the boat.

So here is a perpetual link to my google photos with the photos in it. Will just keep adding to the album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5DQVBfjr2JX2q8LH9

So my wife is not tall and to see over the cabin roof whilst underway have designed up a seat arrangement that will be raisable and lock in place with some clips that I have printed up. But at rest will be lower down for feet on floor. Looks a bit ? but this is version 1 and just need to get something underway. The other option was a seat on a telescopic post and that may be done in future but will try this first.

Seat is movable and locks in around the frame of the boat at that point.

Then have been working on a piece to do a fill in around the cabin aft side and the gunwhale. To our eye the cabin finishes a bit boxy so will put a piece in that runs parallel to the cabin angles.

So have some family stuff for next ten days but then will finish seat, paint it, cushions etc. Do the infill bit for sides. Then start on another seat for starboard.

Fingers crossed.