Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biden refused communion

Default Re: Biden refused communion

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    So Joe because Joe is OK with abortion he can’t eat what many RC’s believe to be the body of a human.

Religion is weird.
    I don’t think JC is just human, as I understand it he’s God on Earth. So it’s a bite of God. Brisket sounds better.

A bite of God? Ah the ever present paradox........Don't bite the god that feeds you!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Religion is weird.
    Amen!
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post
    Don't bite the god that feeds you!
    It's ridiculous! God feeds you but you have to send him money. Why not just go to the store?
    And while I'm on the topic, what sort of thoughtful god would set up a deal where all his creatures have to eat each other to survive? The innocent, the guilty, the naive, the newborn, every creature has to eat somebody else if they are to get by. And then they die.

I'm pretty sure if I was all powerful I could come up with a better program than this.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

I'm still trying to find out exactly what people trust in God to do.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    It's ridiculous! God feeds you but you have to send him money. Why not just go to the store?
    And while I'm on the topic, what sort of thoughtful god would set up a deal where all his creatures have to eat each other to survive? The innocent, the guilty, the naive, the newborn, every creature has to eat somebody else if they are to get by. And then they die.

I'm pretty sure if I was all powerful I could come up with a better program than this.
    Hey Lew, that was just a silly play on words...... I don't give god (any church) any money in the sense of a tythe.
    As for the man eat beast and lion eat gazelle bit well all good points. Beats me why its this way but I can't deny my experience of the numinous and it must be acknowledged that this is a shared experience among most peoples of the earth dating back to pre history. What this experience is who really knows?

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I'm still trying to find out exactly what people trust in God to do.
    It's a way of outsourcing personal responsibility for anything at all. And as for having any actual authority to intercede anyway………………. Prove it.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Holy cr@p!!!

Indeed.."Carlson has reportedly been involved in handling sexual abuse cases in Minnesota for 15 years."

Don't believe him for a moment. Tar and feather him and ride him into jail on a rail.

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

We got married in Christchurch, Georgetown. When meeting the pasteur, the organist came in to discuss the music. His opening line was that 'Here Comes the Bride' was not acceptable as it was a pagan piece (or something)
    My wife-to-be was terrified I would say what she knew I thought about people like that. But it was her day and I kept my council...
    Bought up in the RCC, but never believed it and the failings and abuse were all too obvious at the schools I attended.

You need to do a Henry 8 on them, confiscate everything. But then again judging by we treat veterans, the old and poor, the homeless, the sick and mentally effected, minorities, refugees, even voters if we don't like their politics, we would probably be even worse.

So take the good with the bad, and be what you think is part of the good in any arena you find yourself. That will do, and the dinosaurs will face extinction as common sense, rationality and what ever you like to call what I refer to as the way of good heart sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Bruce Cockburn

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Every mis carriage is an abortion by god.

I'd like to enjoy freedom FROM religion.

It is perfectly legal for those who don't believe in abortion to not have one. That seems sufficient to me.

Mostly I see the big problem is virtually all the laws are written by men, who cannot get pregnant.

Seriously, is it really 'equal' for the male to have a few minutes of pleasure and the female to carry a pregnancy for 9 months? I see nothing equal about that.

Sans a marriage (for lack of a better cut off point), if I wrote the laws, the father would have NO automatic rights to the child. I'd find it difficult to believe a man who liked a woman enough to create the baby if he tries to convince me she's unfit to be a mom.

So, dad pays support, but has no legal right to the child.

I believe this would result in men being more careful. Use my tax dollars to pay for vasectomies. Use them to pay for birth control. Use them to pay for abortions: preferable to using them to pay for an unwanted child for 18 years.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I’m stealing that.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

How is a monsignor the leader of a group of bishops? They are not bishops.

As for the story about the organist, there will always be those people who overstep their authority. And for the record, no organist has ANY authority in church. The priest was a nut to allow that.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    why is this news?

Same reason the presidential pet, or the presidential haircut or the presidential holiday tradition is news: because the President.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
    We got married in Christchurch, Georgetown. When meeting the pasteur, the organist came in to discuss the music. His opening line was that 'Here Comes the Bride' was not acceptable as it was a pagan piece (or something)
    My wife-to-be was terrified I would say what she knew I thought about people like that. But it was her day and I kept my council...
    Bought up in the RCC, but never believed it and the failings and abuse were all too obvious at the schools I attended.
    Felix Mendelssohn was a Calvinist of Jewish descent. The organist was being remarkably picky.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    Felix Mendelssohn was a Calvinist of Jewish descent. The organist was being remarkably picky.
    Or is the offending tune the one by Wagner? (ETA: "Here comes the bride")
    Last edited by kgr1; 07-25-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Dear God: Please protect me from your followers!

Joy Bayhar (spelling ?) told a story of how she opened for Glen Campbell and when he did "Amazing Grace" a chunk of the audience walked out. Apparently for religious reasons.

I hate religion, but confess to enjoying a lot of the music. It's only music.

Music, is one of the few saving graces that religions can claim.
    I'll put up with a lot of arrant nonsense for Bach, Pallestrina and Hildegard.

And some of the art and architecture...but not all.

All bought with blood and lives of course.

That's why I qualify my appreciation for it. The great Gothic cathedrals were built over many generations, providing work for thousands of artisans and crafters. but the pay they received was from tithes on the peasantry. Great art, but at what cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    Thanks for that, does sound picky, possibly anti-semetic? But I was already having trouble with the pasteur, who was a right pr*ck, so just went with it. It was very much for herself, as both of us were first timers at mid 40s and her family had connections with building the church, so best to keep quiet.. He also banned photos in the church, but enough of my US cousins ignored that.

organist was being a douche
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.