Thread: Server Busy!

Default Server Busy!

I have not been able to open the Forum for most of the weekend, and earlier this morning. I would get the “Server Busy” and also the title page would not even load.
    all my other searches and sites were opening fine.
    Anybody else having trouble?

Default Re: Server Busy!

Yep, this is the first time I have been able to access the forum in several days. I wonder what was wrong?

Technology, its a love hate relationship.

Some days you love to hate it.
    I don't cuss much for a sailor - that said, I may cuss to much for a preacher...

Same for all of us. I'm sure the good folks up in Brooklin are trying to work on it.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Same here, reception occasional. OK so far this morning.
    Scot must be very busy I'd say.

Same here up north.
    Okay now or I would not be putting my two bits worth in.
    basil

Oh, it's a reception thing, so I have to stick my wifi gizmo on top of my house? ;-)
    2019: returning from being sidelined with medical probs, crossing fingers worst is over, still in "armchair enthusiast" mode for time being.

Well I am glad the Forum is back online.

It was a bit revealing to find out how much I missed checking in, well I have always maintained the boat thing is an incurable disease...so don’t fight it!

I was getting "server busy" over the weekend, and then for a day or so it wouldn't accept my login/password combo. Now it's back to normal.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Schweiss View Post
    Well I am glad the Forum is back online.

It was a bit revealing to find out how much I missed checking in, well I have always maintained the boat thing is an incurable disease...so don’t fight it!
    Back to normal: Accessible half the time.

Told a story on ya on the fake Facebook WBF, Paul, regarding Frank Prothero and the very sad condition of his Glory of the Seas: "Frank was a big imposing guy even in his old age. Used to see him at Doc Freeman's wearing a Carhart jacket with blobs of sealant on it. Paul Schweiss once asked Frank for a job at his boatshop barge next to Gasworks Park. Frank said no. Paul said don't you want all your knowledge to be preserved. Frank replied, "Ah, the hell with that!""

Today the WBF is mostly working but it has opened up in some limited formats, listing only the last posts in each category, etc., but reverting to normal after clicking on update.

Quote Originally Posted by pcford View Post
    Back to normal: Accessible half the time.

Told a story on ya on the fake Facebook WBF, Paul, regarding Frank Prothero and the very sad condition of his Glory of the Seas: "Frank was a big imposing guy even in his old age. Used to see him at Doc Freeman's wearing a Carhart jacket with blobs of sealant on it. Paul Schweiss once asked Frank for a job at his boatshop barge next to Gasworks Park. Frank said no. Paul said don't you want all your knowledge to be preserved. Frank replied, "Ah, the hell with that!""
    It also might have had something to do with the fact that Frank had already thrown me off his home porch one evening after knocking on the screen door and asking for a job.