Thread: Vineyard work site in 100 plus degrees

Default Vineyard work site in 100 plus degrees

5th day in a row is cooler at 101 (yesterday was 106) record breaking heat. I have been following the PG&E linemen for 5 days straight covering miles on foot without shade, breaks, meals or air conditioning. Already lost 5 lbs this week/

I am in the middle of a beautiful Napa vineyard. I crushed a few grapes for my waterbottle and shot a small iPhone film between movements. Straight up and down the hills, dry grasses, undergrowth and dodging rattlesnakes with a heavy camera pack working along side the impressive men who link the power grid in 100 degree plus days in vineyards, blacktop, undergrowth and blistering sun without shade in an effort to stem the upcoming seasons fire danger.

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-16-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Default Re: Vineyard work site in 100 plus degrees

PGE has a big public relations campaign going on these days!!!

I am seriously thinking about buying some stock on speculation. It reminds me of when Apple was $2.50 per share, someone looked at me and said "Apple's not going to go broke"

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    PGE has a big public relations campaign going on these days!!!

I am seriously thinking about buying some stock on speculation. It reminds me of when Apple was $2.50 per share, someone looked at me and said "Apple's not going to go broke"
    i wouldn't for a while. There is lots to fix and replace. nearly 6000 trees need to go and at least over 25,000 miles of 6 gauge bare wire replaced which will include new crosses, transformers and insulators.

What is incredible is that the Douglass fir poles they use. Some are quite old - the older ones have such tight rings. They can withstand fire and high winds. The force to drive them out of ground is telling on how strong they are.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-16-2019 at 05:33 PM.

I'm just watching it... Probably until they reinstate dividends.
    It would be nice to buy into a dividend producing utility that had a big growth potential.