Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul calls social media "a left wing mob wishing that I was dead."

Default Rand Paul calls social media "a left wing mob wishing that I was dead."

I would suggest to Senator Paul that he stay off Twitter since he is not a 13 year-old girl.

As for "so much hatred out there," he really ought to look in the mirror and consider what his political party has been up to for the past several years in which he has been complicit:

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul said Thursday on Fox News that he was disturbed by a "left-wing mob wishing that I were dead" and how the media portrayed the 2017 assault by a neighbor that left the Kentucky Republican with several broken ribs.

Sitting next to his wife, Kelley, on a sofa in their Bowling Green home, Paul appeared on "Fox & Friends" to talk about his recovery from surgery earlier in August that removed part of his lung.

Paul has said the surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, was needed due to injuries he suffered when a neighbor tackled him while he was doing yard work at his Bowling Green home in late 2017.

"I'm getting a little stronger each day. I still feel like I've been in an auto wreck, but I'm getting better," Paul said Thursday during his first TV interview since surgery. "... I think it's just a matter of overcoming and getting beyond this, and we've been trying to do it for almost two years now."

Paul then quickly pivoted to taking shots at the rhetoric on social media surrounding his assault.

"I guess one of the disturbing things though is to see that there is still so much hatred out there. We announced that I was having surgery, and thousands of people on Twitter are swarming to wish me either that I would have died or that someone would assault me again," Paul said. "So ... I'm perplexed that this is somehow supposed to be a right-wing phenomenon but I see thousands of people on Twitter, this left-wing mob wishing that I were dead, and I'm like, who are these people?

"I think this is the narrative the left is bringing to us. Everything is President Trump's fault."

Read the rest here: https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...lt/2028132001/
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 08-16-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    "Trump's authoritarianism is a feature not a bug." -- Sky Blue

Default Re: Rand Paul calls social media "a left wing mob wishing that I was dead."

i bet he gets re-elected
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: Rand Paul calls social media "a left wing mob wishing that I was dead."

I'd be happy if he wass just out of a job and on welfare.

^
    Maybe. And Mitch McConnell as well.

So do your part to prevent the Commonwealth of Kentucky from being the tail that wags the of the U.S.A. dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    ^
    Maybe. And Mitch McConnell as well.

So do your part to prevent the Commonwealth of Kentucky from being the dog that wags the tail of the U.S.A.
    Sadly, up to the Kentucky voters.

Control of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives is not up to the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Do your part to ensure that even if re-elected by Kentuckians Paul and McConnell will reside in the minority.

Control of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives is not up to the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Do your part to ensure that even if re-elected by Kentuckians Paul and McConnell will reside in the minority.
    don't worry
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Sorry Rand, just imagine if the president called you out for being an anti-semitic, antiAmerican communist. Just imagine the hate you’d receive, you’d probably have to increase your security.

Or that you were part of an invasion of rapists and murderers.

I wonder if he gets along with his neighbors?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

I doubt that Rand Paul has a personal relationship with his neighbors although my guess is that they are predominantly Republicans. Rand Paul lives in a gated community near Bowling Green, Kentucky. From Forbes magazine in 1996:

... Senator Rand Paul, an ophthalmologist by trade, lives in a four-bedroom, three bathroom Colonial brick home in the gated community of Rivergreen. The 4,206-square-foot home boasts an indoor swimming pool and borders 18-acre, man-made Sunfish Lake which is stocked with bluegills (a major attraction for Paul, his wife Kelley and three kids when they built the home in 1994). However, Paul wasn’t fond of Rivergreen’s super strict homeowner bylaws which forbids above-ground swimming pools, gravel driveways, fancy mailboxes and visible firewood. According to The New Yorker, Rivergreen’s developer quoted Paul as saying, “I bought the property, it’s my property!”

Wait. So was that The Bowling Green Massacre?
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"

Just another oppressed republican, victimized by liberals looking for pitty.

We're not a mob, g'damn it.

(-:

Interesting that the right regard "left'' as a pejorative. Many regard it as a compliment.

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Like someone pointed out above, if you are a celebrity or public figure, don't read Twitter responses. It's never good. That's the twitterverse .
    Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

Boucher's attack on Paul was criminal and Boucher has paid both criminal and civil damages penalties for his crime. It is argued by Justice that the sentence was about half the length is should have been.

That acknowledged, Paul's claim, "His social media postings were violent. He talked about doing violence to the president," is ay very serious problem. We have a Barnstable County Commissioner who did federal prison time for less regarding Bush 41. If it were true, the feds would have been all over Boucher. On this matter there was no media cover-up.

Paul advances the theory that, ""So yeah, that's completely ignored because the media wanted to develop a narrative. Their whole narrative was that it was an altercation or a fight. There was no fight. I had my back turned with noise cancellation headphones on, and I was attacked and six of my ribs broken before I saw the attacker."

That arguably at least partially correct remark - an attack from behind to which one cannot respond is not my idea of a "fight" - has nothing to do with covering up Boucher's alleged social media threats of violence against Trump. Boucher is an extreme Trump hater but if Paul does not know that nothing Boucher did rose to the serious crime of threatening the president, then he's even stupider than I thought.

Actually, I don't think it's so much stupid as he is trying to shift all blame for twitter provoked rage and reaction away from the First Twitterer. In that rhetoric he is deliberately and knowingly exacerbating the evils of our divisions.

Ah well. One never expected measured sober reason from Rand Paul anyway.

The trouble is, even if reduced to minority leader, no Republican will buck his iron grip. The democrats need a super majority to truly end his rein of terror
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

I don't care about him enough to wish he was dead.

Do wish he'd change his hairdresser.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! —Cole Porter

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Interesting that the right regard "left'' as a pejorative. Many regard it as a compliment.
    Yeah, Ian keeps calling me a leftie.
    To do something good
    with no
    Because.

Ian is irrelevant, as are we seeing the stumps have voted for climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Why is violence a trivial matter with you?.

I would not wish anyone getting sucker punched from behind while on ones own yard while mowing..

Yet liberals enjoyed this.
    Go back to Jersey little Bobby. We're done with the coy BS out here.

Quote Originally Posted by BETTY-B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Why is violence a trivial matter with you?.

I would not wish anyone getting sucker punched from behind while on ones own yard while mowing..

Yet liberals enjoyed this.
    Go back to Jersey little Bobby. We're done with the coy BS out here.
    Here's a link to the Bilge thread on the topic, in 2017. Might do both of you good to review it.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ults-Rand-Paul

Good to show the old thread. Paul's neighbor did violence and harm to one person, Rand Paul. Paul's manufactured outrage built on a web of falsehoods does violence to the entire enterprise of democratic self-governance.

Cool Re: Rand Paul calls social media "a left wing mob wishing that I was dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post

(-:
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Rand Pauls nonsense in context. It looks like the Republican Party has adopted gas lighting to justify inaction. Militant white nationalism isn’t real, there are bad people on both sides. etc.

Liz Cheney chaired the conference this memo came from. She has a history promulgating disinformation and is the kind of politician who can knit the GOP back together after Trump leaves the stage. Keep an eye on her while Trump piles outrage and lies on each other, she’ll pop out sweeping up the mess he made.

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-poli...sm-blame-left/

Memo reveals a House Republican strategy on shootings: downplay white nationalism, blame left
    The GOP memo falsely pinned the El Paso massacre and other notable mass shootings on the left.

By Steve Contorno
    Yesterday

Congressional Republicans recently circulated talking points on gun violence that falsely described the El Paso massacre and other mass shootings as “violence from the left.”

A document obtained by the Tampa Bay Times and sent by House Republicans provides a framework for how to respond to anticipated questions like, “Why won’t you pass legislation to close the ‘gun show loophole’ in federal law?” and “Why shouldn’t we ban high-capacity magazines?" The answers are boilerplate Republican arguments against tougher gun restrictions.

But it also included this question: “Do you believe white nationalism is driving more mass shootings recently?” The suggested response is to steer the conversation away from white nationalism to an argument that implies both sides are to blame.
    The office of Rep. Liz Cheney, the Wyoming lawmaker who chairs the Republican conference, did not respond to a request for comment.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-2020-1312879

Cheney’s colleagues say she has a bright future in the House, where she has quickly risen through the leadership ranks. As a sophomore, Cheney was elected last year to serve as Republican Conference chairwoman. She’s taken steps to reshape the party’s messaging arm and won praise for becoming the first Republican leader to call out Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) for racist remarks earlier this year.

Some Republicans tell POLITICO privately that Cheney is their preferred messenger — even more so than House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) — at what feels like a low point for the party after a brutal midterm election cycle that decimated their ranks of female lawmakers in the House. Others say they can envision her becoming Speaker Cheney one day.
    Last edited by LeeG; 08-17-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post

Originally Posted by BETTY-B
    Originally Posted by bobbys
    Go back to Jersey little Bobby. We're done with the coy BS out here.s

Here's a link to the Bilge thread on the topic, in 2017. Might do both of you good to review it.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ults-Rand-Paul
    A newbie remembers that old thread.. and a now banned bluie posted on it.. is the world full of coincidences?

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post

Originally Posted by Durnik

(-:

Exactl.. Wait! 0-:

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik
    A newbie remembers that old thread.. and a now banned bluie posted on it.. is the world full of coincidences?
    Remarkable. And not the first time such a thing has happened.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 08-17-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Join o rejoin date August, 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    I've got a couple of tractors at the dacha, but I'm not that banned guy either.

Or any other, for that matter.

You'll just have to love me for me.

We've heard such things before as well.

We've heard such things before as well.

Your obsessions and paranoia are your problem, not mine.

^
    Just a favorite quotation. It has been my signature line before. But you knew that.

Hmmm... kgr1, Richmond, VA, Skip Kilpatrick's partner is named Ken...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green