Thread: Envisioning The End of Trump I

Default Envisioning The End of Trump I

Everyone will eventually turn on Trump. Even Steve Doocy.

https://theweek.com/articles/858707/...n-steve-doocy-

t's too soon to say when Donald Trump's presidency will end, but it's not too soon to say how it will end. It will end in disgrace. And when it does, Trump's defenders will turn on him.

Some already have. On Sunday, Anthony Scaramucci, Trump's former communications director, said that Republicans should "replace the top of the ticket in 2020."

Former White House aide and Apprentice contestant Omarosa Manigault never had a bad word to say about Trump when she worked for him. Trump said he hired her "because she said GREAT things about me." But after she left the White House, she said Trump was "mentally impaired" and accused him of saying the N-word.

Michael Cohen, Trump's former personal attorney, said he was "mesmerized" by Trump when he worked for him. It wasn't until after Cohen quit working for Trump and was sentenced to prison as a result, in part, of lying for Trump that he ceased to be mesmerized and instead became disgusted. In congressional testimony, he called Trump a "racist," a "cheat," and a "conman."

Trump's sycophants are as loyal as he is which is to say, not at all. In The Art of the Deal, Trump counted Roy Cohn as a friend, calling him "a truly loyal guy." After Cohn contracted AIDS, Trump "dropped him like a hot potato," according to Susan Bell, Cohn's longtime secretary. That's the kind of friend Trump is the kind you don't want.

The people who are loyal to Trump are loyal not because they like him as a person but because they have something to gain from him. In an interview with The New York Times, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) admitted that he embraced Trump "to try to be relevant." So far, his plan has worked superbly Graham has a recurring slot on Hannity. Once Trump is gone, however, Graham will no longer need the man he once dismissed as "the world's biggest jackass." He will find someone else to latch onto, and he will forget about Trump just as he forgot about John McCain.

Trump's cult of personality is a cult of power-worshippers. "It is the place and power we bow to, not the man," William Hazlitt wrote in his 1823 essay "On the Spirit of Monarchy." When Trump is deprived of his place and power, people will stop bowing to him.......

Default Re: Envisioning The End of Trump I

Mussolini's followers didn't prove particularly loyal once he was hanging upside down, though his daughter and grandfather did find a way to carry on something of the family business with some fractured bit of the Italian electorate. I predict something similar for Trump's legacy ... without the bloated corpse hanging upside down bit.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Now, now... all 'options' on the table...
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Now, now... all 'options' on the table...
    or swinging gently overtop of it.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I'll hold out for his obese carcass twisting on the end of a rope, or even better, twisting on the end of a bedsheet in jail. That might be a result of him not liking whose "girlfriend " he turned out to be.

Nobody's going to want a bloated old Orangutang for sex, just nobody

It’s sad Alvin never learned to find answers. Unlike Whitewater, Benghazi and emails Mueller came up with multiple convictions and penalties.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2736507002/

I wonder what McConnel’s parachute will look like?

Probably an aluminum parachute, hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Probably an aluminum parachute, hope it works
    made in Russia.. so it will probably work as intended... pulling him straight into the ground
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

You give the prison population too much credit for taste. Thjey are bottom feeders, and Trump has a HUGE bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Nobody's going to want a bloated old Orangutang for sex, just nobody

There are plenty of youngsters there.

I find post #7 sickening. What I wish for Trump is that he's out of office as soon as possible, and for any wrongdoing, he receives justice, not revenge.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    I find post #7 sickening. What I wish for Trump is that he's out of office as soon as possible, and for any wrongdoing, he receives justice, not revenge.
    I get what you are saying, but when you think of those little kids asking for their parents back, or the little 5 and seven year olds in cages looking after toddlers - the 'justice' bar is pretty low.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Any chance they will return the money ?
    No. No chance at all.

That’s the point of the article.
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    I get what you are saying, but when you think of those little kids asking for their parents back, or the little 5 and seven year olds in cages looking after toddlers - the 'justice' bar is pretty low.
    The way back from that is not more lawlessness.