Thread: 10,000 rounds of ammo and 25 guns..

Default 10,000 rounds of ammo and 25 guns..

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Default Re: 10,000 rounds of ammo and 25 guns..

Where does an 18 year old get enough money to buy all that crap?

Those radicalized Muslim terrorists immigrants shouldn't be receiving all that government aid!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Losers, feeding on/ re-inforcing losers. Wonder what his parents' politics are like.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

And this is where the 2nd Amendment folks wanting to overthrow a tyrannical gov’t end up. This is how that argument manifests itself in real life just as anti-abortion zealots call abortion murder leads to people being targeted and murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post

Those radicalized Muslim terrorists immigrants shouldn't be receiving all that government aid!

Safe to say daddy is in trouble.

How many video games did this guy have stockpiled?
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Safe to say daddy is in trouble.
    Daddy's 'plastic' (credit card ) is probably still warm from son's overuse ....

The guy sounds like a jackass, but the guns were stored in a vault and it seems like they were legally purchased. So, safe storage guidelines and legal purchasing? Check. Mouthing off on the internet because you think you're anonymous, also check.

10,000 rounds might represent 20 bricks of .22 long rifle. I'd like to see an inventory of his guns, and whom they actually belong to, i.e., who filled out the federal/state forms.

On the other hand, his comments are certainly worthy of investigation.

Not quite certain what you're referring to here; care to elaborate?

10k rounds isn't very much.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand.../#1c94f1fa64a1

“What’s curious, however, is that traditionally administrative agencies spent more than $20 million. Four notable examples:

1) The 2,300 Special Agents at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) are allowed to carry AR-15’s, P90 tactical rifles, and other heavy weaponry. Recently, the IRS armed up with $1.2 million in new ammunition. This was in addition to the $11 million procurement of guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment procured between 2006-2014.

2) The Small Business Administration (SBA) spent tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars to load its gun locker with Glocks last year. The SBA wasn’t alone – the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service modified their Glocks with silencers.

3) The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has a relatively new police force. In 1996, the VA had zero employees with arrest and firearm authority. Today, the VA has 3,700 officers, armed with millions of dollars’ worth of guns and ammunition including AR-15′s, Sig Sauer handguns, and semi-automatic pistols.

4) Meanwhile, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) agents carry the same sophisticated weapons platforms used by our Special Forces military warriors. The HHS gun locker is housed in a new “National Training Operations Center” – a facility at an undisclosed location within the DC beltway.

Last year, we released our OpenTheBooks.com Oversight Report: The Militarization of America in an editorial published with former-U.S. Senator Dr. Tom Coburn at The Wall Street Journal. Our report quantified the $1.48 billion spent by 67 non-military federal agencies on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment from 2006-2014.”
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

what does that have to do with the conversation, mdh.. or are you actively trying to derail it?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

I read the Buzzfeed article in the OP and I'm more disturbed by his Trump inspired rhetoric as much as his easy access to so many weapons.

His divisive rhetoric and ANTIFA bogyman is the same stuff I hear from my alt right social media "friends" They seriously think there is going to be a culture war when or if Trump gets re-elected. The addition of co-opted evangelical Christianity, and anti abortion with massive firepower is unnerving.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 4.49.23 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 4.49.35 AM.jpg
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

FYI I just posted this story to my FB feed and immediately, without reading the buzzfeed story I got this "Whataboutism"

What about these guys and the guy in Philly yesterday. If itfits your narrative I expect to hear about it from Joe Foster!

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Was there a more “lib” guy than Jesus? Ever?

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM26 View Post
    ten semi-automatic pistols isn’t many.

ten semi-automatic pistols isn’t many.
    i once owned seventeen 1911's

okay okay that was bit over the top, i mean seriously who needs more than three combat commanders???
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 08-15-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    i once owned seventeen 1911's
    compulsive much?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

compulsive much?
    maybe a little, i also inherited two gun collections
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 08-16-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    maybe a little, i also inherited my two gun collections
    Does ammosexuality tend to run in your family? It does in mine.
    Skip

The low side estimate on that would be about $2000. Do you have 2 grand worth of ammo laying around?
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    The low side estimate on that would be about $2000. Do you have 2 grand worth of ammo laying around?
    Yup. But some stuff is expensive.
    .325 WSM
    .338 win mag
    that kind of stuff pushes $80/box

Probably $10000 in ammo and reloading components.

But I've got something like the same in sailboat components downstairs too. Doesn't take long to add up if you collect crap that interests you.

And don't get me started on tools...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    I don't honestly know how much I have. Pick up a box one week. A couple more the next when I find a deal. I rarely pay more than $.20/rnd.

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    The guy sounds like a jackass, but the guns were stored in a vault and it seems like they were legally purchased. So, safe storage guidelines and legal purchasing? Check. Mouthing off on the internet because you think you're anonymous, also check.
    The guy definitely has mental health issues, and may even be very dangerous. But, the guns and ammo were legally owned. And, key, he didn't seem to threaten any individual person, so that may be protected speech and not assault. He may be very difficult to convict of any crime. If there are concerns about him being a danger to himself or the public, the government can commit him, at least temporarily, to a mental health facility. But these days, the burden of proof for that is on the government, as it should be. They may have to wait for him to actually commit a crime of violence. For now, if he gets competent legal representation, he may be out soon, with his guns and ammo returned.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    Yup. But some stuff is expensive.
    .325 WSM
    .338 win mag
    that kind of stuff pushes $80/box

Probably $10000 in ammo and reloading components.

But I've got something like the same in sailboat components downstairs too. Doesn't take long to add up if you collect crap that interests you.

And don't get me started on tools...
    You guys live in a weird country.
    The idea of collecting ammunition is so bizarre.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    He is Canadian, Yo.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    The guy definitely has mental health issues, and may even be very dangerous. But, the guns and ammo were legally owned. And, key, he didn't seem to threaten any individual person, so that may be protected speech and not assault. He may be very difficult to convict of any crime. If there are concerns about him being a danger to himself or the public, the government can commit him, at least temporarily, to a mental health facility. But these days, the burden of proof for that is on the government, as it should be. They may have to wait for him to actually commit a crime of violence. For now, if he gets competent legal representation, he may be out soon, with his guns and ammo returned.
    Advocating the killing of federal agents and shooting up Planned Parenthood clinics threatens real people.

I don't honestly know how much I have. Pick up a box one week. A couple more the next when I find a deal. I rarely pay more than $.20/rnd.

good thinking! it's best to be prepared!

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    You must have friends or know old folks who are hoarders, it gives a sense of security. 1000 lbs of newspapers lining the hall with 1000lbs of magazines on the other side. Room full of empty and cleaned plastic food containers, etc.

I bought a box of 500 .22 bullets for my son in laws rifle thinking I would plink away and he could use it as needed. After a few dozen rounds target shooting I put it away to garden and hang with grandkids. There are a few hundred more enjoyable things than sending lead into the countryside. I think I got him a ten yr supply at this rate.

Advocating the killing of federal agents and shooting up Planned Parenthood clinics threatens real people.
    In the past, I think (I'm not a lawyer) that you had to threaten an individual and not rant in general, to get locked up. Threatening the life of the president definitely qualified. But these days with terrorism laws on the books, prosecutors may be able to make a case against the man.

Let's not forget Pat Robertson advocating assassination of Hugo Chavez, adding, "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war.":

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=4812655

(cross posted on the other gun threads)

OK, so in virtually all of the past gun threads of this sort, I have made the argument that we need to address the root causes of ALL violence, because guns are not the root cause, proven because there are locations/populations with low levels of gun violence, both with low levels of gun ownership and high levels of gun ownership.

Here's another argument:

There are countries that now ban semi-automatic firearms, under the argument that it will reduce the number of deaths in mass casualty killings. And that may be true.

But, NON-semi-auto firearms are still capable of killing, just not as quickly. And that means, all things being equal, that, while mass killings of 20, 30, 40+ people may be less likely to occur, killings of 1 or 2 or 3 people should be happening at the same rate as the mass killings in the USA. Because those firearms are just as capable of doing that.

But those killings are not happening, in those other countries.

WHY?

Answer that, and you have the answer to reducing firearm violence, as well as all violence, in the USA. The answers are there, and clear, for anyone doing a detailed comparison of those countries versus the USA.