Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump. Today. In Pittsburgh.

Default Trump. Today. In Pittsburgh.

“When the wind stops blowing, it doesn’t make any difference does it? Unlike those big windmills that destroy everybody’s property values, kill all the birds. One day the environmentalists are going to tell us what’s going on with that. And then all of a sudden it stops. The wind and the televisions go off. And your wives and husbands say: ‘Darling, I want to watch Donald Trump on television tonight. But the wind stopped blowing and I can’t watch. There’s no electricity in the house, darling.'”
    Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

Default Re: Trump. Today. In Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    “When the wind stops blowing, it doesn’t make any difference does it? Unlike those big windmills that destroy everybody’s property values, kill all the birds. One day the environmentalists are going to tell us what’s going on with that. And then all of a sudden it stops. The wind and the televisions go off. And your wives and husbands say: ‘Darling, I want to watch Donald Trump on television tonight. But the wind stopped blowing and I can’t watch. There’s no electricity in the house, darling.'”
    Indicative of a man who is profoundly uneducated. I cringe when I think of what foreign leaders think, when they read this sort of stuff.... he makes America the laughing stock of the world.

At least, THIS time, he didn't repeat his bizarre claim that wind turbines cause cancer.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Didn't Trump say that windmill noise causes cancer
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

He's dumb as a box of rocks, and apparently everyone one who serves under him is afraid to tell him when he's wrong, which is when he says or Teeets almost anything. Embarrassing.

ifn yr gonna quote could you please provide a link por favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Indicative of a man who is profoundly uneducated. I cringe when I think of what foreign leaders think, when they read this sort of stuff.... he makes America the laughing stock of the world.

At least, THIS time, he didn't repeat his bizarre claim that wind turbines cause cancer.
    The real scary part is his folks believe every word.
    PaulF

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    ifn yr gonna quote could you please provide a link por favor?
    Here ya go.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...sburgh-1461337

Politico among others.
    PaulF

Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    oh Lord what a train wreck

Trump is the most evil POS...er, I mean POTUS, I have ever seen.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

And his fools like some of the ones on this forum believe him.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

President Trump went a little off script.

https://apple.news/A608N1BvLTxGN5AhSenhkHA

At what point will his campaign start paying for these campaign stops?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    President Trump went a little off script.

https://apple.news/A608N1BvLTxGN5AhSenhkHA

At what point will his campaign start paying for these campaign stops?
    Ya Chris, ya think? This would not pass muster for any one else. Do you know why the GOP lets this go on? At some point they know it will erode the whole system, good and bad alike. You seem reasonable, What possible positive outcome is there here?
    Short of numb nuts getting elected again, but the economy may partially tank by then. Is that the goal? Take all you can and leave?
    Last edited by paulf; 08-13-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    PaulF

I have a theory, some here have expressed it before. As long as a profit can be extracted, they will let him go. As soon as it gets scary, they will cut and run.

At what cost to all the rest of us, including his base?

To late then.
    Last edited by paulf; 08-13-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    PaulF

Load the courts, make them tax laws favorable, stir up just enough discontent to go where you want. Ya, I guess I answered my own question.
    PaulF

Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

The Trumpublican is the bald guy.

He has no idea how to step away from Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by hightop View Post
    He's dumb as a box of rocks, and apparently everyone one who serves under him is afraid to tell him when he's wrong, which is when he says or Teeets almost anything. Embarrassing.
    That is rather unfair to rocks.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Is Trump the Red Guy? And can we/you convince others of this?...not if they want the image in the mirror.

I'm assuming the image in the mirror represents power, wealth and control.
    PaulF

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-e...y-than-reality

"Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    He is embarassing.
    Cream clearly isn't the only thing that rises to the top.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Just to be clear: you are saying Trump’s statement did not betray ignorance?

Come on, give Trump your best vigorous defense. You know you want to.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 08-14-2019 at 03:25 AM.
    "No matter which faction of the party with which you identify, whether left, center left, centrist, blind partisan, social justice warrior, Dem leaning Indie, or Never-Trumper, job one is defeating these Republicans badly enough that they will BACK THE F OFF.

If that doesn't happen, there will be no climate change fix, no inequality fix, no better health care, jobs, .... no future. It is vital to stop them now and do it decisively." -- sonofswen

From the same institute that published the above article.
    Climate change

The Independent Institute has published works by S. Fred Singer, a research fellow of the Institute.[64] The works include Hot Talk, Cold Science: Climate Change's Unfinished Debate, a 2009 attempt to rebut climate change policies. It was co-authored with Frederick Seitz, another research fellow of the Institute.[65] The book included Singer's 2004 essay, "The Scientific Case against the Global Climate Treaty".[66] The Institute also published a 2003 policy report, “New Perspectives in Climate Change: What the EPA Isn't Telling Us”, by Singer.[67] That report criticized the EPA's 2001 Climate Action Report.
    In other words they are climate change deniers. As for the argument regarding wind turbines, the UK and other European countries would not be building them if they were not economical and effective.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Brian - That article is absolutely full of exaggerations & misrepresentations. Subsidies on non-renewables are actually larger then the renewable ones. The cost of the RI offshore project he lists includes the bazillions of dollars of court costs because oil & gas companies fought it so hard, etc. etc. The article is every bit as wrong as what Trump said.

Of course wind & solar aren't the complete answer - no one with half a brain will say they are. But they can be part of the mix to clean things up.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    But they can be part of the mix to clean things up.
    Big part of the mix here.

On Sunday 7 August 2016, a combination of high wind and low consumption caused more wind power generation (106%) than consumption in Scotland. Scottish wind turbines provided 39,545 MWH during the 24 hours of that date, while consumption was 37,202 MWh. It was the first time that measurements were available to confirm that fact. On average, year round, renewables contribute over half of Scotland’s energy.

And we've over 8.5 GW of installed capacity today.

Andy
    "We were schooner-rigged and rakish, with a long and lissome hull ..."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post

On Sunday 7 August 2016, a combination of high wind and low consumption caused more wind power generation (106%) than consumption in Scotland. Scottish wind turbines provided 39,545 MWH during the 24 hours of that date, while consumption was 37,202 MWh. It was the first time that measurements were available to confirm that fact. On average, year round, renewables contribute over half of Scotland’s energy.

Andy
    What do you do on the hot afternoons when the winds die down, keep the refrigerator door shut to conserve cold, etc.? (Asking for a President)

Andy
    It seems you 1) don't have as much oil, gas & coal money being spent spreading lies & 2) have a population that is willing to actually learn something instead of believing BS.

I get so disgusted with the US on so many levels. There are wind farms all over the US being built by hard-headed business people who would not do it if it didn't make economic sense. Currently the largest block of wind farm owners is retirement funds - a very conservative (fiscally) bunch. Then we get to all the BS about subsidies. Oil, coal & gas (don't even start on nuclear) have had huge subsidies for years. Then the bird BS. Sure - early farms did kill birds - but they've learned how to reduce that + that doesn't begin to compare to the # killed by cars, large windows & house cats.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

What do you do on the hot afternoons when the winds die down, keep the refrigerator door shut to conserve cold, etc.? (Asking for a President)
    It's Scotland. Hot afternoons and calm days are, it would appear, illegal.

Andy
    "We were schooner-rigged and rakish, with a long and lissome hull ..."

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    He is embarassing.
    Cream clearly isn't the only thing that rises to the top.
    So you've never opened a septic tank have you?

It's Scotland. Hot afternoons and calm days are, it would appear, illegal.

Andy
    I was going to say, Scotland is not some island in the middle of a warm bay. It's part of a large craggy island in the middle of a very cold sea. I don't think the wind ever truly "dies" there.

Here along the coast of NJ, we have a small windfarm in Atlantic City, It is very rare not to see the blades turning. They can operate in even the smallest of breezes.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

I liked the part where he asked when Shell (a.k.a. Royal Dutch Shell) would be moving to the united states.
    I have no choice about growing older, but dammit they can't force me to become any wiser!

Why? Why would you even attempt to justify, excuse, explain what he said, or whatever it is you're doing? Why do you insist on continuing to give cover to and protect such an obviously incompetent, corrupt, eratic, ignorant, divisive individual?

Why?
    Last edited by Old Dryfoot; 08-14-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    I was going to say, Scotland is not some island in the middle of a warm bay. It's part of a large craggy island in the middle of a very cold sea. I don't think the wind ever truly "dies" there.

Here along the coast of NJ, we have a small windfarm in Atlantic City, It is very rare not to see the blades turning. They can operate in even the smallest of breezes.
    Every time I see or hear Atlantic City, I think of The Boss.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Why? Why would you even attempt to justify, excuse, explain what he said, or whatever it is you're doing? Why do you insist on continuing to give cover to and protect such an obviously incompetent, corrupt, eratic, ignorant, divisive individual?

Why?
    You’re either on the bus or off the bus.

Speaking of Trump blather his rational for retweeting conspiracy nonsense is because the comedian Williams is a well respected conservative pundit, and it’s his tweet, not Trumps. It’s a bizarre style of communicating. Take no responsibility for ones actions or rhetoric but essentially validate nonsense arguments. Cancer from windmills! The wind stopped blowing! Dead eagles everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    You’re either on the bus or off the bus.
    Jim Jones would be envious!
    Nosce te ipsum