Thread: Arctic Tern Building Project In Wisconsin

Default Arctic Tern Building Project In Wisconsin

Arctic Tern Building Project In Wisconsin

I began building one of Iain Oughtred’s double ended yawls about 2 years ago. Due to many changes in my life, my location, and my priorities I have made the decision to pass this project onto someone that is interested in continuing and completing this build.

Currently the boat is resting with the keelson, stems, garboard plank, and two additional rolls of planks on both port and starboard completed. The fore and aft keels are laminated and ready to go once that step is reached.

Included will be the set of plans by Iain Oughtred, the strong back building structure (which is mounted on a solid frame with wheels for easy movement around the shop), the fore and aft laminated keels, two additional scarfed planks ready for shaping and epoxying, and some Okoume 9mm plywood.

I would love to see this project go to someone that is interested in completing this build. I am more than okay with passing everything on for part of the cost of the new 9mm Okoume plywood that is remaining.

If you are interested I can send you pictures of everything.

I am located in Racine, WI 53405 and everything would need to be picked up at my location.

If for some reason I cannot locate anyone interested in my Arctic Tern Project, I will be cutting up and disposing of the partially built boat at the beginning of October.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Default Re: Arctic Tern Building Project In Wisconsin

Hmm... Interesting offer. Not sure if it's interesting enough that I'd pursue it, but I'm thinking. Thanks for posting.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Default Re: Arctic Tern Building Project In Wisconsin

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks, Russell