Thread: Where to sell an Adirondack Guide Boat?

Default Where to sell an Adirondack Guide Boat?

I'm looking for help or suggestions on where to post an ad for an Adirondack Guide Boat. I've listed it in Messing About in Boats and Woodenboat on-line(paid) advertising. Are there any rowing websites that allow classified ads? Four times a possible sale fell through for reasons(no place to store it, decided on a sailboat). It's a three year old Adirondack Guide Boat that I built, strip built, western red cedar with conventional rowing and a Piantedosi sliding seat. Thanks for your suggestions!
    " Be all that you can be"

Default Re: Where to sell an Adirondack Guide Boat?

OS, you don't identify your location other than USA which though usually includes the lower 48 it could include Alaska & Hawaii

CraigsList & FaceBook MarketPlace are both free and they have huge followings

you can target a specific area with an ad on CL

BON CHANCE

sw
    "we are the people, our parents warned us about" (jb)

steve

I have a very pessimistic view on trying to sell "handcrafted" anything.

Facebook woodenboat forum allows sales.

Reality check, you're about to find out why so many of us have "collections" of wooden boats.
    Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30, Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River. my current project; http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...0-Ducker-Resto

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseO30 View Post
    I have a very pessimistic view on trying to sell "handcrafted" anything.

Facebook woodenboat forum allows sales.

Reality check, you're about to find out why so many of us have "collections" of wooden boats.
    Ayup... I've been gifted several boats, simply because the owner didn't have room for them in their lives anymore. Four out of the current crop of 7 came to me that way. A couple were uncompleted projects, which are even harder to sell. Unless you find the right person... even hard to give away.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Ayup... I've been gifted several boats, simply because the owner didn't have room for them in their lives anymore. Four out of the current crop of 7 came to me that way. A couple were uncompleted projects, which are even harder to sell. Unless you find the right person... even hard to give away.
    This is one of the reasons I stopped building! It took me five years to sell a restored 1955 18 ft Old Town Wood canvas sailing canoe. Took me eight years to sell a 1912, 15 foot of the same type, I gave my strip prospector to my daughter as she parked it in her sunny backyard and it's never seen the water since, I traded my very first strip canoe for the Delaware Ducker that I'm restoring now (or eventually)
    Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30, Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River. my current project; http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...0-Ducker-Resto

My attempts to sell kayaks resulted in offers lower than the materials cost.
    So I gave them away.

Good luck.