Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I Were King

Default If I Were King

I would order that 10% of the population of the 200 largest cities in the US be relocated to the 1,000 most sparsely-populated counties.

No choice in who is picked, but they can choose where they want to go.
    Rattling the teacups.

Default Re: If I Were King

Wasn't that part of Mao's cultural revolution in China...moving youth out of big cities to work on farms. It didn't work out very well for the Chinese economy.

What is your reasoning for this massive disruption of the population/economy?

It sounds like to want to be more of a communist dictator than a king.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    I would order that 10% of the population of the 200 largest cities in the US be relocated to the 1,000 most sparsely-populated counties.

Got to wonder why those 1,000 most sparsely-populated counties

are so sparsely populated.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by rregge View Post
    Wasn't that part of Mao's cultural revolution in China...moving youth out of big cities to work on farms. It didn't work out very well for the Chinese economy.

How many misapprehensions can be packed into one post?

1st, I don't care if they are young, old, smart, stupid, whatever. The re-locatees would be chosen at random.

2nd, I don't care if they work on farms, or start up a silicon chip factory, or simply wander around muttering to themselves.

3rd, massive disruption to the population/economy is coming, whether you like it or not.

4th, I don't WANT to be King, as it is clearly a Bad Idea. Both the King part, AND the ME part.

5th, Same-same on the Communist Dictator thing: Bad Idea.

Now, then.

Every map of the political distribution in this country shows a radically divided polity, and that divide is located at the city limits, pretty much.

This has happened because young people leave the farm and never look back. The rural areas get artificially stupider and more xenophobic and more easily terrified of anything they don't understand, thus more easily led into sedition, treason and hatred. If you don't believe me, you can ask the Orange Spitstain, who has exploited this phenomenon.

There's more, but chew on that for a while and get back to me.
    Rattling the teacups.

"3rd, massive disruption to the population/economy is coming, whether you like it or not."

Yes, be an interesting time to be alive………….

Cool Re: If I Were King

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    "What if he were a Rhinoceros?"

"Prepoceros!"
    Rattling the teacups.

What person of sound mind would want to be King………. hang on……..

So, back-of-the-envelope number crunching says that about 155 million people live in our 200 largest cities.

My edict would re-locate 10% of those, so 15 million people would move out into the countryside to reinvigorate the political climate, and show city folks just how decent and kind the country folk are, and show the country folk that the city folk are not really all that different than they are.

Plus (HUGE plus) the rural economies would be reinvigorated, AND the urban economies would, as well.
    Rattling the teacups.

If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by rregge View Post

Nobody did it like Pol Pot.

Quote Originally Posted by hightop View Post
    Nobody did it like Pol Pot.
    Right.

You do have gronicles.

Equating me with Pol Pot does take gronicles.

Either that or a vacuum between the ears.
    Rattling the teacups.

Right.

You do have gronicles.

Equating me with Pol Pot does take gronicles.

Either that or a vacuum between the ears.
    I was commenting on Mao, as quoted, not you, Mao just wasn't in it with Pol Pot when it came to emptying cities.

Quote Originally Posted by hightop View Post
    I was commenting on Mao, as quoted, not you, Mao just wasn't in it with Pol Pot when it came to emptying cities.
    I see no quotes from Mao on this thread.

If you want to discuss the relative merits of the idea, have at it.

If you're just going to fly off on some reactionary flight of fancy, start your own thread.

Please.
    Rattling the teacups.

I see no quotes from Mao on this thread.

If you're just going to fly off on some reactionary flight of fancy, start your own thread.

Please.
    Post #2 mentions Mao, but fine.

if you were king you'd just kill off 10% of the population as a starting point for getting rid of all the "excess people" on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    if you were king you'd just kill off 10% of the population as a starting point for getting rid of all the "excess people" on the planet.
    And just what sort of libelous buffoonery is this?
    Rattling the teacups.

Then maybe I would be in favor of greater gun ownership.

If I wuz king or maybe just a deep state clerk I would send our libs living in the suburbs, economic gated white communities, all white towns to live in inner city cities like Detroit, Newark, Paterson, Chicago, Baltimore to be down for the struggle. Course they like to call racism from their ivory towers protected by a fully funded police force.

[QUOTE=oznabrag;5955366]How many misapprehensions can be packed into one post?

1st, I don't care if they are young, old, smart, stupid, whatever. The re-locatees would be chosen at random.

2nd, I don't care if they work on farms, or start up a silicon chip factory, or simply wander around muttering to themselves.

3rd, massive disruption to the population/economy is coming, whether you like it or not.

4th, I don't WANT to be King, as it is clearly a Bad Idea. Both the King part, AND the ME part.

Now, then.

Every map of the political distribution in this country shows a radically divided polity, and that divide is located at the city limits, pretty much.

This has happened because young people leave the farm and never look back. The rural areas get artificially stupider and more xenophobic and more easily terrified of anything they don't understand, thus more easily led into sedition, treason and hatred. If you don't believe me, you can ask the Orange Spitstain, who has exploited this phenomenon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I understand your desired outcome (we are both on the same side) but the idea of massive social engineering through forced random relocation is a non starter...and likely wouldn't have the desired result.

I also challenge your statement that a "massive disruption to the population/economy is coming, whether you like it or not". Domesday predictions of social and economic upheaval assume the worst case scenario...while other less dramatic remedies typically find their way into the discussion. Just because we can't identify those solutions today, doesn't mean they won't become obvious before we reach the point of Armageddon. Have hope...and work hard for a better world.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    If I wuz king or maybe just a deep state clerk I would send our libs living in the suburbs, economic gated white communities, all white towns to live in inner city cities like Detroit, Newark, Paterson, Chicago, Baltimore to be down for the struggle. Course they like to call racism from their ivory towers protected by a fully funded police force.
    Anyone is welcome to come stay with me. It ainít the hood, but itís hood adjacent, and certainly ainít white.

Cmon down. Youíre old enough to retire. We can feed bums together.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Anyone is welcome to come stay with me. It ain’t the hood, but it’s hood adjacent, and certainly ain’t white.

Cmon down. You’re old enough to retire. We can feed bums together.

Peace,
    Robert
    That's very nice of you rob , but we are talking about forcing people to move, I spect the OP was going to use people with guns to enforce his edict. Guns can be useful when needed.

That's very nice of you rob , but we are talking about forcing people to move, I spect the OP was going to use people with guns to enforce his edict. Guns can be useful when needed.
    Oh.

I was just talking about you, and how you always talk about how youíre so DOWN, and how all the libs (which you think I am, because itís either/or with you, apparently) are so white and scared and whatever else.

I was just offering you a chance to come mingle. As I said, it ainít bad where we live, but it ainít white, and the hood is just RIIIGHT there.

And, none of it has nothing to do with none of it.

Peace,
    Robert

I appreciate the sentiment, but the 'feet on the ground' seems a lil' thin.

Big hit on the rural infrastructures. Need employment/income - or just put everyone on the dole.

Other than that - maybe!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

If you were king you couldn’t be queen

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Oh.

I was just talking about you, and how you always talk about how you’re so DOWN, and how all the libs (which you think I am, because it’s either/or with you, apparently) are so white and scared and whatever else.

I was just offering you a chance to come mingle. As I said, it ain’t bad where we live, but it ain’t white, and the hood is just RIIIGHT there.

And, none of it has nothing to do with none of it.

Peace,
    Robert
    I already lived in passaic with PRs , more catholic then I was, am ,could be , maybe. One saved my butt once. Worked with plenty of black folks, it's just the eyetalians I don't wanna live near.

I already lived in passaic with PRs , more catholic then I was, am ,could be , maybe. One saved my butt once. Worked with plenty of black folks, it's just the eyetalians I don't wanna live near.
    Right...

So, more crass ďjokesĒ?

Peace,
    Robert

Please.
    You would have to give everyone guaranteed internet access so that they could work from home. Now that might help everybody.

If forced to move, the smart citizens would figure out a way to cheat the system,and the rest would probably bring the local average down.
    See "Military Draft".
    R
    Sleep with one eye open.

I would not reside in a country where you were king.

How many misapprehensions can be packed into one post?

Now, then.

There's more, but chew on that for a while and get back to me.

I don't think most rural areas are artificially stupid, it's real...

So, back-of-the-envelope number crunching says that about 155 million people live in our 200 largest cities.

My edict would re-locate 10% of those, so 15 million people would move out into the countryside to reinvigorate the political climate, and show city folks just how decent and kind the country folk are, and show the country folk that the city folk are not really all that different than they are.

Plus (HUGE plus) the rural economies would be reinvigorated, AND the urban economies would, as well.
    Sure worked in Detroit.

Jesus, King Trump from Texas.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien tambiťn" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

You people are weird.
    Rattling the teacups.