Thread: America is a gun

Default America is a gun

[IMC - Posted on Facebook, not written by, a theology school friend . . . Yeah, a bit 'developed world'-centric, whole continent left out, but makes the point in a finite length.]

Default Re: America is a gun

Powerful, very good, and horribly correct.

This is now a war to be fought in the voting booth.

And the low life that is occupying the white house is golfing-------again!! There is no empathy or kindness in his being or his spawn.

Smash the NRA. Investigate the many shady transactions and and money laundering practiced by the organization.

Defeat the creeps in government who accept their campaign contributions.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter

Ian, I don’t thing you know how right you are....

Americans made up 4 percent of the world's population but owned about 46 percent of the entire global stock of 857 million civilian firearms."[5] U.S civilians own 393 million guns. That is 3 times as many guns as the armed forces of the Russian Federation (30.3 million), China (27.5 million), North Korea (8.4 million), Ukraine (6.6 million), United States (4.5 million), India (3.9 million), Vietnam (3.8 million), Iran (3.3 million), South Korea (2.7 million), Pakistan (2.3 million), and all the other countries (39.7 million) combined.[6] American civilians own more guns "than those held by civilians in the other top 25 countries combined."[7]

"American civilians own nearly 100 times as many firearms as the U.S. military and nearly 400 times as many as law enforcement."[8] Americans bought more than 2 million guns in May 2018, alone.[8] That is more than twice as many guns, as possessed by every law enforcement agency in the United States put together.[8] In April and May 2018, U.S. civilians bought 4.7 million guns, which is more than all the firearms stockpiled by the United States military.[8] In 2017, Americans bought 25.2 million guns, which is 2.5 million more guns than possessed by every law enforcement agency in the world put together.[8] Between 2012 and 2017, U.S. civilians bought 135 million guns, 2 million more guns than the combined stockpile of all the world's armed forces
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    Smash the NRA. Investigate the many shady transactions and and money laundering practiced by the organization.

Defeat the creeps in government who accept their campaign contributions.
    Yep; and, do it first, entirely apart from gun control.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

It really is a pity that guns obscure so much awesome stuff that the USA has done.
    Even now when we should be talking about space travel and moon landings - its mass shootings ...... again.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

It has been said before that the US is a 3rd word country inside a 1st world country.

Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

I went into a gun store yesterday for the first time in ten years. It was not what I remembered, not the gun shops I grew up with. Those were full of deer rifles, oiled walnut, hunting equipment, safety orange hats.

There were no hunting rifles on display, there may have been some in the back room. Out front was black plastic on every wall and in every case. Everything semi-auto, everything "tactical." It was a shop full of guns meant to hunt people.

Worse, the employee handling the pistol I was selling had it pointed directly at me nearly the whole time. I was glad I knew for a fact it was unloaded. I left feeling gross. Gun culture has changed from what I grew up with not that long ago.

(I was selling an old gun that I do not have safe storage for. I seriously considered just destroying it, but the ATF is so specific on the method of destruction that they scared me off.)

When was the last time a liberal was proud of our country or argued with folks from other countries when they mocked us.

No, liberals export hatred for us..

No wonder they sit around writing poems , no poems on being happy and content, the only dream they have is moving to the French country side by a vineyard.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Madison View Post
    I went into a gun store yesterday for the first time in ten years. It was not what I remembered, not the gun shops I grew up with. Those were full of deer rifles, oiled walnut, hunting equipment, safety orange hats.

There were no hunting rifles on display, there may have been some in the back room. Out front was black plastic on every wall and in every case. Everything semi-auto, everything "tactical." It was a shop full of guns meant to hunt people.

Worse, the employee handling the pistol I was selling had it pointed directly at me nearly the whole time. I was glad I knew for a fact it was unloaded. I left feeling gross. Gun culture has changed from what I grew up with not that long ago.

(I was selling an old gun that I do not have safe storage for. I seriously considered just destroying it, but the ATF is so specific on the method of destruction that they scared me off.)
    This is exactly what I have been saying. The argument to be made is how far the gun culture has changed in the US in the last 30 years or so. I know lots of folks who are rabidly against any further gun control, yet the guns they own are all traditional hunting rifles and shotguns. They have not stopped to think what they are supporting.
    The NRA is at the neck and call if firearm manufacturers, who have ushered in this change in order to sell more guns.
    I would love to get a 50 year old issue of Guns and Ammo and compare it to an issue today. I think it would be quite telling.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    When was the last time a liberal was proud of our country or argued with folks from other countries when they mocked us.

No, liberals export hatred for us..

No wonder they sit around writing poems , no poems on being happy and content, the only dream they have is moving to the French country side by a vineyard.
    Bobby, tells us foreigners the bits they should be proud about. Remember what pride comes before.
    If you cant make it accurate, make it adjustable.

"No, liberals export hatred for us.." No, they see the news and see what the Red Hats have brought to the table.