Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You go, bandwidth sucking troll

Default You go, bandwidth sucking troll

Just go.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Default Re: You go, bandwidth sucking troll

He needs the attention.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Did his father beat him as a child?
    Or just suffer him to drown kittens in a sack.

David is ok.

I think some of 'em have been amusing. Great commentary on a stupid schoolyard fight in one of the original You Go threads.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Whatever.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    He only needs one positive comment a year to keep going with the lampshade on the head schtick for another year.
    I think he's loosened his standards. He seems to need very little encouragement in order to carry on. A real man of principles. As long as they support the current narrative handed down from his tribal leaders...

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    David is ok.
    Well played . Every now and then, Bobbys, you are brilliantly funny. Now, if you can just get over the delusional Trump love.....

Pete
    I have seven trolls on ignore

Trump love

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Well played . Every now and then, Bobbys, you are brilliantly funny. Now, if you can just get over the delusional Trump love.....

Pete
    He really CAN be. Hilarious. If he puts his mind to it. I had to chuckle at the one you cited.

If he'd confine himself to that role... he'd be far more successful. It's commenting on topics of which he's either flatly ignorant... or hugely and disastrously misinformed... where he gets into trouble.

But there's the problem. It is my STRONG impression, from years of close observation, that he takes any small morsel of approval on the former... as months worth of encouragement to inflict upon us the latter.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I'll have you know that I can suck more than just bandwidth, good sir!
    The true patriotism, the only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the Nation ALL the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it.

Is this thread a shining example of a prohibited personal attack, complete with co-conspirators, or not?

To the ear of a troll I would think this thread sounds like applause.
    The true patriotism, the only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the Nation ALL the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it.

I think in a real General Store some trolls would be chopped up and fed into the stove as cordwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    I think in a real General Store some trolls would be chopped up and fed into the stove as cordwood.
    Depends on the locale. Somewhere civilized, like Varmont, he's just likely be shunned until he finally got the hint.

Rural Oregon? He'd probably be hauled out back for a more direct lesson in politesse.

But on the internet... he invulnerable. On the WBF... I still can't comprehend how telling a near-nonstop string of lies, and wasting everyone's time, is not regarded as 'rude'.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I'll have you know that I can suck more than just bandwidth, good sir!
    Twenty dollars is twenty dollars, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post

In a real circle around a wood stove, an EBS...the trolls will never show up, because they can't do their shtick face-to-face.
    I'll bet you $100 I've been to twice as many EBS's as you, and every one was a great time.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I'll bet you $100 I've been to twice as many EBS's as you, and every one was a great time.
    I might have to challenge you B-Dub But yea we are all cut from the same cloth and we would all mostly get along at any WBF EBS
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    No BS though...

I can only think of four where an adult beverage wasn't enjoyed. The one where the family and I met Joe the first time in CSOH. It was mid-day, and Joe bought the coffee and milkshakes (I believe.) Paladin for lunch in Annapolis, it was lunchtime, and we both drove. Our visit with bobbys at his home with his lovely wife. Lastly Phillip Allen, again with family, lunch at a Cracker Barrel, and both of us were driving.

Joe and I fixed our faux pas the second time around.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I might have to challenge you B-Dub But yea we are all cut from the same cloth and we would all mostly get along at any WBF EBS

I was on another forum, I was one of the only conservitives, there was a gathering and I was invited, one fellow even picked me up and drove me, I only had 2 people say anything to me, I would not say it in a bragging way but I was a big hit and the libs loved me and were very kind to me. People are different in person then behind a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Depends on the locale. Somewhere civilized, like Varmont, he's just likely be shunned until he finally got the hint.

Rural Oregon? He'd probably be hauled out back for a more direct lesson in politesse.

But on the internet... he invulnerable. On the WBF... I still can't comprehend how telling a near-nonstop string of lies, and wasting everyone's time, is not regarded as 'rude'.

See , I would have to spend big bucks for a shrink to get this sort of analyze , yet I get it free of charge right here!, being a conservitive I.like a good deal! Thanks dave!

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post

. . .
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Woodward View Post
    In a real general store with a real wood burning stove, the participants would mostly all be Trump supporters, bashing liberals with a big stick. The snowflake liberals can't stand the heat of the stove, lest they melt, and have banned wood burning, lest they breathe some impure carbon laden dioxides. Liberals would be more likely be found pontificating around the espresso machine with a lovely barista serving them double shots.
    Mister, there are PLENTY of snowflake trumpists to go around.
    Rattling the teacups.

In a real general store with a real wood burning stove, the participants would mostly all be Trump supporters, bashing liberals with a big stick. The snowflake liberals can't stand the heat of the stove, lest they melt, and have banned wood burning, lest they breathe some impure carbon laden dioxides. Liberals would be more likely be found pontificating around the espresso machine with a lovely barista serving them double shots.

This is really funny. Occasionally when I'm feeling ornery and am particularly incensed by some obtuse RWW post I challenge someone on the right to defend their position, offering up my own in some detail with (I like to think) solid reasoning mixed in with a dose of rhetoric. I have done so here and on FB. But mostly I've stopped doing it because almost universally those in the opposition melt away or offer up mere babble and trollery in return. I say almost because I have encountered at least one person who disagrees with me on principles and is willing to argue their side. To our mutual enjoyment I think. But the vast majority either respond with meaningless insults (e.g. "snowflake liberal!") or don't respond at all.

I am a liberal snowflake. No doubt about it. I appreciate diversity. I am environmentally conscious (or a "virtue signaller" as those on the right would have it). I think about how we humans affect the planet and what that effect will mean for future generations. I know and care the difference between the words affect and effect. But I have to say, there is nothing like a RWW for running from a fight if it means using big words and coming up with actual ideas.

So I'll say this. Doesn't matter what implement we are standing next to. Wood stove or espresso machine. Don't care what we are drinking. Black coffee, lattes or bourbon. If you want to break out the condescending insults you had better be prepared to your money where your mouth is. So far, I haven't seen much of that.
    - Chris

Life is short. Go boating now!

Scot, please make a 'USA Politics' section so all of these left-right, Rep-Dem trolls will have a place to play in their own dirt to their heart's content, and leave the rest of us who come here for pleasant conversations room to breathe freely...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

See , I would have to spend big bucks for a shrink to get this sort of analyze , yet I get it free of charge right here!, being a conservitive I.like a good deal! Thanks dave!
    For years I gave you free analysis...wore out
    two good leather couches.
    I thought I had made some progress when you told me you had given up chewing roofing tar.
    Then a month later during a session you became frustrated and shouted Mamma and shoved your thumb into your mouth as you always did.
    Whe you finally settled down and pulled your thumb out, it was black and sticky with roofing tar.
    When I scolded you, all you did was shout Mamma a d shove your danged thumb back in your danged mouth.
    I suspect you have purged that session from your mind.

Guess you haven't hung around any general stores in Vermont... Not that any would have a problem with a lovely barista - other than finding a barista in small town VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    For years I gave you free analysis...wore out
    two good leather couches.
    I thought I had made some progress when you told me you had given up chewing roofing tar.
    Then a month later during a session you became frustrated and shouted Mamma and shoved your thumb into your mouth as you always did.
    Whe you finally settled down and pulled your thumb out, it was black and sticky with roofing tar.
    When I scolded you, all you did was shout Mamma a d shove your danged thumb back in your danged mouth.
    I suspect you have purged that session from your mind.
    Thank you Glenn, I dont know why I dont listen to you more!

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Guess you haven't hung around any general stores in Vermont... Not that any would have a problem with a lovely barista - other than finding a barista in small town VT.
    Well, my little sister is at UVM. She's an excellent barista. So it's not impossible.
    - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    Well, my little sister is at UVM. She's an excellent barista. So it's not impossible.
    That's in Burlington. Great town, but as most Vermonters put it, a nice place to visit just over the western border.

BTW - if she ever needs anything please tell her to get in touch with me - I'm about 20 miles away & get into "the city" fairly often.

That's in Burlington. Great town, but as most Vermonters put it, a nice place to visit just over the western border.

BTW - if she ever needs anything please tell her to get in touch with me - I'm about 20 miles away & get into "the city" fairly often.
    Thanks Garret. If you really want to make her day (year, life) you should take her sailing.
    - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    Thanks Garret. If you really want to make her day (year, life) you should take her sailing.
    Boat's in Maine & not in the water this year because I'm building a barn & doing stoopid land-based stuff.

Boat's in Maine & not in the water this year because I'm building a barn & doing stoopid land-based stuff.
    Ah well. So's my Dad's boat. Still need to find a home for her.
    - Chris

This is really funny. Mister man I am just a fing troll.
    I can't be responsible for what you choose to be offended by.
    Pointing out that
    1.) Men sitting around a general store stove tend to be of a conservative bent.
    2.)Wood burning stoves are not common in urban areas. They have been mostly outlawed.
    3.) People hanging around a high end overpriced espresso bar tend to be of a liberal bent.

The bilge is not anything like a woodburning stove in a rural general store. It is more like an espresso machine in an urban coffee bar.
    " I am a liberal snowflake." Then why the faux outrage at the use of the term?
    " I am environmentally conscious" So what are you doing to reduce your impact on the planet? Your electronic devices are doing more damage than my wood stove.
    http://science.time.com/2013/08/14/p...han-you-think/
    I don't disagree with anything you say here Chris. I'll fully acknowledge that my lifestyle is not entirely aligned with my ideals. So it goes. We are imperfect animals. The cause of my "outrage" (which, really, is overstating things a bit. I'm sitting here on a nice sunny day with a cup of coffee posting about boats mostly. My hackles aren't even slightly up yet) is that your goal in using the term "liberal snowflake" is to get me to *express* outrage so that you can be confirmed in your opinion of liberal snowflakes as over-sensitive creatures terrified to venture beyond their precious espresso bars into the big bad wilds of small town discourse. And sure, if you want to live in that bubble that's your prerogative. You go girl.
    - Chris