Thread: After your ad is published - make a YouTube video and post it here.

Default After your ad is published - make a YouTube video and post it here.

Selling a boat is selling a dream and/or a lifestyle. too many people forget they are selling more than a collection of well organized drilled & cut wood, glue or epoxy and bronze & stainless that may or may not be user ready. The video does not have to be a Hollywood blockbuster or even awarding local cable access worthy. What it does need to be is show the promise of what is or what it could be.

Without being able to visually show someone else why they would want or even need your boat, you need to create a dream or a reason why they should consider yours. Try shooting a iPhone or smartphone video clip, talk about what makes the boat special, unique or worthy. If it sail or starts, share that. If it is a project, show why it needs to continue. Share your passion for her and regrets for letting it go to the next set of hands and hearts. Doing this will create a market or might even remind yourself why you might wait a bit longer to find the right caretaker while you enjoy it.

shoot and post it to YouTube. Post the link to the YouTube video along with your ad link. You will be pleased you did.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 07-24-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man. My feature suggests an excellent side kick of good index.

Default Re: After your ad is published - make a YouTube video and post it here.

Or write a story that has some sizzle to it. When I decided to sell a small motorboat that our children had outgrown I described how they took it to offshore islands, had cookouts and camped overnight, learned to navigate safely and become independent afloat. I advertised on Craigslist with good photos and had numerous calls the next day. Sold it that day for the asking price, sight unseen.

Default Re: After your ad is published - make a YouTube video and post it here.

Howabout "Sand between your toes, the gentle hiss of the surf on a golden beach, drinking daiquiris as the sun sets, a cozy oasis on a rolling sea, following the footsteps of pirates and adventurers, all this could be yours if you buy a decent package cruise rather than this old wreck."
    2019: returning from being sidelined with medical probs, crossing fingers worst is over, still in "armchair enthusiast" mode for time being.