Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 69

Thread: news to "drop" mid-day today...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,719

    Default news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Maddow observed last night that there are 2 events just before lunch today that are likely making the White House occupant sweat, and may be prompting his recent diversion activities. First, all of the sealed information related to the Cohen convictions are to be released. The judge vehemently rejected the government's request to redact some information to "protect 3rd party privacy interests.". Because the judge asserted that the information was of "national importance", and that citizens' right to information to hold "representatives" and "institutions" accountable is so fundamental in America that it "pre-dates the Constitution."

    To be clear, the only "representative" of citizens involved was... Trump? And the citizens' "institutions" affected would be... the Presidency? Perhaps the Department of Justice, which unaccountable did not actually conduct requested interviews with Trump organization executives involved with the cheques written to reimburse Michael Cohen for the hush money payments leading him to a jail cell...

    In fact, the information is only becoming available because SDNY has unaccountably closed that investigation, despite the dangling threads. Why? Why when, before Barr became AG in February, things were full steam ahead? But after, there were apparently 5 months with no contact at all between investigators and the Trump organization - including with those Executives notified to prepare to be interviewed.

    Hmm.

    Thing two, of course, is Epstein's hearing. And Epstein may be jostling this morning to consider whether to deal with prosecutors again, naming names. In 2010, Epstein asserted Constitutional rights to not answer questions about whether Trump had ever socialized with him in the company of women under 18 years of age.

    Hmm.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Groove City
    Posts
    8,503

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Are you being clear if you end the sentence with a question mark? Hmm.

    To be clear, I do not necessarily dispute what you have written.

    Steve Martinsen

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mountain lakes of Vermont
    Posts
    12,802

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    I watched that also. Barr knows what is in those dedacted documents. If it's damaging to Trump, he will find a way to block it's 11 a.m. release at least temporarily.
    The Epstein issue? That will be interesting. Nothing will change Trump's base. Only information that McConnell and his crew can't defend or ignore will cause them to turn against Trump. Until that happens, Trump is safe. A sad case, but there it is. It's the reason I couldn't sleep for days after the 2016 election.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    57,266

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    #1 para 3.
    Sounds like the fix is in.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,719

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by SMARTINSEN View Post
    Are you being clear if you end the sentence with a question mark? Hmm.
    Have you ever played the Improv game where you are only allowed to ask questions?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,698

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    I watched that also. Barr knows what is in those dedacted documents. If it's damaging to Trump, he will find a way to block it's 11 a.m. release at least temporarily.
    The Epstein issue? That will be interesting. Nothing will change Trump's base. Only information that McConnell and his crew can't defend or ignore will cause them to turn against Trump. Until that happens, Trump is safe. A sad case, but there it is. It's the reason I couldn't sleep for days after the 2016 election.
    Sooner or later, and probably sooner, someone is going to determine that his duty to the Constitution supersedes any directive from Barr.
    Rattling the teacups.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    yikes... why do you punish yourself with rachael maddow?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    scholfield, wi usa
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    yikes... why do you punish yourself with rachael maddow?
    So you prefer Fox and Friends?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1940alan View Post
    So you prefer Fox and Friends?

    no?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,719

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Because for all her editorial agenda about facts ... she doesn't say something unless there's actual documentation (in this case, court documents) of facts. Like, the reason I know some details about what's going to be the general topic of today's announcements ... is because she read the court transcripts verbatim. Put photos of the documents on-screen as she read them, so we could read along. And because Maddow does that with meaningful stories which frankly aren't sometimes being flagged at all by other news sources. Did you know from any other source, for instance, that Barr's ascension to AG coincides with roughly the last time FBI investigators or DoJ prosecutors had any contact at all with the Trump executives who signed Cohen's reimbursement cheques? Though a couple of weeks earlier the FBI told them to ready themselves for interviews? Or that Cohen's judge, when asked earlier this week to keep secret the very evidence which convicted Cohen for paying hush money, erupted in his written response saying that there's "national importance" to revealing the evidence ... and that "every American" needed the opportunity to see it? Me either.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    98,224

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    yikes... why do you punish yourself with rachael maddow?
    no ****, she’s unwatchable
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,719

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Honestly, mostly I listen ... and don't watch. Treated as radio, it's very well sourced, though editorially opinionated.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    53,602

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Honestly, mostly I listen ... and don't watch. Treated as radio, it's very well sourced, though editorially opinionated.
    Reading her stuff is even better. She's very careful with her facts, agree with her or not.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mountain lakes of Vermont
    Posts
    12,802

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    I mostly enjoy watching her since her show is a change from all the other MSNBC shows, which are basically all the same thing covering the same topics.
    She goes outside the box, digs into the weeds and uncovers stuff that others don't see.
    A lot of the time, though, she'll be screaming about a hairs-on-fire story that turns out to be nothing or she's trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    I hope last night's story bears fruit.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    30,514

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Facts? How quaint in the post truth era.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    maddow built her show on the russian collusion foundation. facts they said....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,719

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Rich, I think that "mountain out of a molehill" thing sometimes occurs because she's frequently trying to follow stories that others aren't covering. That have got overshadowed by this or that traumatic tweet of the day.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cundys Harbor, Maine
    Posts
    839

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    I think the only thing that will really matter to the Trump adherents is the opening of the David Pecker vault. He has the goods and may release them if things get hot enough.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,192

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    30,514

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Tuned in to MSNBC, waiting with bated breath (while they talk about the moon landing of 50 years ago).
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

    "My generation will not allow this to continue!"

    Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Your post is still incorrect. Give it some thought.

    i gave it thought. she built her ratings on russia gate. now they're in the toilet. thought over.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Again you are wrong. Try to not spin, you can do it.

    so she didn't build her ratings promoting russia gate and her ratings haven't tanked since it fell apart?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    17,083

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Maddow sometimes takes a while to get to the point, but probably because she has thoroughly researched the FACTS as others have pointed out. I'm constantly amazed at how polarized we have become regarding our news sources. I have tried and tried to watch Fox News and simply can't get past about 5 or 10 minutes without shouting at my TV about how completely wrong they are on so many things and how many FACTS (there's that pesky word again) that they ignore. I'm sure the Fox crowd feels the same way about CNN and MSNBC and someone like Maddow. But I have no doubt that the truth and FACTS (dang that word) are far more in abundance on those channels than they are on Fox. But Fox seems to be an opiate filled pacifier for a lot of people who just can't wean themselves away.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    30,514

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    "Cohen's hush money unredacted docs released". More to follow.

    Given that reds don't give a **** about all the women he's ****ed and abused, I expect he's going to sue to get all the hush money back.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,719

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    i gave it thought. she built her ratings on russia gate. now they're in the toilet. thought over.
    Perhaps you could have paired your "thought" with some data research, rather than simply editorial research. If you only read ratings commentary from the Right sphere (whether Fox or Daily Caller or etc.), you'd maybe think that Maddow's ratings were plummeting. In fact her viewer count is down slightly in Q2 this year; after finishing 2018 with #2 ratings across the board for cable news shows in 2018 (behind Hannity), she's now at #3. And while Maddow had taken the #1 ratings spot with adults aged 25-54 in Q1 (displacing Hannity), Hannity had regained that spot in Q2 pushing Maddow into 2nd place for that slice of the demographic. Considering, though, that Fox is the only cable network courting Trumplicans and MSNBC is competing with CNN for the same not-Trumplican cable news audience ... that's hardly the "toilet." (https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/here...2-2019/407842/)
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    17,083

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Who told you "Russia Gate" went away? AG Barr?

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    28,973

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    so she didn't build her ratings promoting russia gate and her ratings haven't tanked since it fell apart?
    She believed the deep state coup, lied for 2 years, served the propaganda like a s'more on a hot summer night,, her audience still believes her, typical liberal...

    Cue to anti FOX news to defend her......

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    30,514

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Silly, fluffy spin.
    Spin? You're too kind.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    24,326

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Anybody notice that the cretin reds despise women who are smarter than they are...like Obama, Clinton, Maddow?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,136

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    She believed the deep state coup, lied for 2 years, served the propaganda like a s'more on a hot summer night,, her audience still believes her, typical liberal...

    Cue to anti FOX news to defend her......
    Every time you say oversight of one branch by another is a coup, YOU are an enemy of America.

    Truth.

    You are helping to destroy this nation and incite war.

    The investigation may have been many things, but it was never a coup. Saying so is nothing more than a canard to incite.

    Peace,
    Robert

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    30,514

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    You are helping to destroy this nation and incite war.
    All in the guise of a semi-literate troll. reds are cunning.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N. Fal on Cape Cod
    Posts
    16,394

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Sad dupes.

    Why they want to defend Mr. Trump is beyond me. Their spirits are deeply deformed as far as I can tell.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

    Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Coast
    Posts
    4,038

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Like Tom I mostly listen rather than watch. She uses documentary evidence to support her story. Does she always get it right ....no..... but the stuff she presents is, as far as I can see as close to real facts, just perhaps not the whole story. I often do not have the time or energy to catch her show, it is a from time to time thing for me, possibly weekly.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,719

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    "Cohen's hush money unredacted docs released". More to follow.Given that reds don't give a **** about all the women he's ****ed and abused, I expect he's going to sue to get all the hush money back.
    Documents filed on public docket today can be found here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...tates-v-cohen/. A main document, and nine supporting documents - search warrants applied for and granted, and the sworn affidavits by FBI agents providing probable cause to get those warrants. The affidavits each appear to lay out the same narrative (verbatim) describing the sequence and timing of calls, and the timing and transcripts of texts among Michael Cohen, Donald Trump, Hope Hicks, David Pecker and Keith Howard both in late October when negotiating and confirming the Stormy Daniels payment, and in early November (the eve of the election) re the Karen McDougal payment. Interestingly, Cohen also placed calls to Kellyanne Conway, though it does not seem that they actually connected.It could hardly be more obvious what happened - the text transcripts are very clear. Some of the texts are literally sent within 30 seconds of Cohen getting off the phone with Trump, or in shared phone calls with Trump and Hope Hicks.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: news to "drop" mid-day today...

    stormy daniels....


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •