Thread: Stirring the pot

Default Stirring the pot

I feel a bit devilish today, so I'll start a risky topic:

Which is better - sativa or indica? Why?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Default Re: Stirring the pot

What's better, beer or distilled spirits?
    Nosce te ipsum

Wait.

What?

Peace,
    Robert

Those sound like some wood species I'm not familiar with.

You mean for 'marine use'???
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Why is a mouse when he turns around?

Precisely. And let me be quick to add.

A forum oddity I have seen before, but not for a while. My above nonsensical post appears in the thread, at least to me, but it does not show in the thread listings which show David's as being the last post. I have logged out and back in, I have regenerated the page, I have gone away for a while and come back and reopened my browser. Now I'm certainly not saying my post was profoundly earth shaking wisdom, but it is curious behavior by the software. It will be interesting to see if this post changes anything.

ETA: so either this post or Jim's kicked it back into gear and all is right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    A forum oddity I have seen before, but not for a while. My above nonsensical post appears in the thread, at least to me, but it does not show in the thread listings which show David's as being the last post. I have logged out and back in, I have regenerated the page, I have gone away for a while and come back and reopened my browser. Now I'm certainly not saying my post was profoundly earth shaking wisdom, but it is curious behavior by the software. It will be interesting to see if this post changes anything.

ETA: so either this post or Jim's kicked it back into gear and all is right with the world.
    Good luck sorting it out.

We can't have THAT character having the last word!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I just figured that, now that it is legal here, I'd start a connoisseur's debate on the relative merits of the varieties. Seems that everyone is unwilling or unable to address the topic head-on.

As for marine use, woven hemp fabric set in epoxy is a pretty darned good material for small FRP boats. Not much good structural lumber comes out of the stalks, tho'...

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Good luck sorting it out.

We can't have THAT character having the last word!!!
    I was beginning to think that Michael was messing with us for not understanding his OP and derailing his thread. Sorry Michael, but I just don't have a clue what sativa and idica are. Must be Canadianisms.

From Wikipedia:

Cannabis sativa (a sub-species of marijuana - mmd) is an annual herbaceous flowering plant indigenous to eastern Asia but now of cosmopolitan distribution due to widespread cultivation. It has been cultivated throughout recorded history, used as a source of industrial fiber, seed oil, food, recreation, religious and spiritual moods and medicine. Each part of the plant is harvested differently, depending on the purpose of its use. The species was first classified by Carl Linnaeus in 1753. The word "sativa" means things that are cultivated.

Cannabis indica is an annual plant in the Cannabaceae family. It is a putative species of the genus Cannabis. Whether it and Cannabis sativa are truly separate species is a matter of debate. The Cannabis indica plant is cultivated for many purposes; for example, the plant fibers can be converted into cloth. Cannabis indica produces large amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The higher concentrations of THC provide euphoric and intoxicating effects making it popular for use both as a recreational and medicinal drug.

I prefer sativa, indica always makes me feel like I need a nap.

Yea! A proper response!

My college buddy refers to them this way: Sativa is giggleweed, indica is munchieweed.

Have you tried the gummies yet, Diana has trouble with her appetite and sleeping sometimes so in the evening she will often take a piece of one that is both thc and cbd really seems to be working well for her.

With sativa I would mow, trim, and weed my lawn. With indica I would lay in my hammock staring at how green the lawn was.

Cool Re: Stirring the pot

Sometimes I like one, sometimes I like another.
    Sativa before work, Indica after work.
    Both are nice in their own way.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

We are an oppressed people here in the Old Dominion. We don't have the luxury of a free competitive market. I take what I can get. I look forward to the day when I can do a side by side comparison and give you an answer.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    We are an oppressed people here in the Old Dominion. We don't have the luxury of a free competitive market. I take what I can get. I look forward to the day when I can do a side by side comparison and give you an answer.

same here. who knows what you're getting. about like hitting a church pot-luck.

My neighbor gave me little cakes but I'm not going to take the chance of jumping out windows and watching the sky melt. I saw reefer madness , set me straight.

"My neighbor gave me little cakes but I'm not going to take the chance of jumping out windows and watching the sky melt. I saw reefer madness , set me straight. "

Hey!!!.....Dave IS here, man! / Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Why is a mouse when he turns around?
    I regret pointing out the error in your quote. Properly, it is "Why is mouse that spins." This quote originated in the Raytheon Research Group, of which my Father was a part. (This is according to he, and some of his cohorts, not the Internet ).
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harrow View Post
    I regret pointing out the error in your quote. Properly, it is "Why is mouse that spins." This quote originated in the Raytheon Research Group, of which my Father was a part. (This is according to he, and some of his cohorts, not the Internet ).
    Thanks. I had no idea I had it wrong after using it for decades to the amazement and befuddlement of my friends.

I require high THC sativa to break through the eternal fog that is my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harrow View Post

as if the original confusion wasn't enough.. i googled this phrase and i'm getting that it might be from the late 1800's, well before raytheon.