Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: It's over... Trump is going to win

Default It's over... Trump is going to win

He didn't need to confirm what we already knew.... but he demonstrated that he doesn't need to lay it between the lines; he can state it plainly....

...and the reason he is going to win is that his rabid and dedicated base approves of what he's said; they're wildly enthusiastic about the message, and will come out in droves to re-elect him.

I'm ready to give up.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Default Re: It's over... Trump is going to win

Nah. For every one of his rabid and dedicated base, there are 1.2, maybe 1.3 people who oppose him, and he's making them more rabid and dedicated by the moment.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post

...and the reason he is going to win is that his rabid and dedicated base approves of what he's said; they're wildly enthusiastic about the message, and will come out in droves to re-elect him.

I'm ready to give up.
    I'm ready to give up.
    yup, liberals suck, don't give money to liberal causes, don't give money to liberal candidates, don't show up to vote
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    It's brilliant, Southern Strategy meets reality TV show Theater of the Outrageous. Wednesday's unbelievable tweet erases memory of Monday's. Remember the storming the airports comment? Neither do I.
    Now known as the "Forgettysburg Address". That's why you don't remember it.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

It's pretty GD depressing.

Don't forget the growing Q-Annon Cult.

One a silver lining I'm holding onto is we are surviving as a country, yes the divisions are strong, yes I'm ashamed of 1/3 of Americans that support this douche, but we are still The United States and we are surviving. Dare I say we can probably survive one more term.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Not me! I'm with Captain Jones!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Sincere question that remains unanswered.

What happened to everyday Herr and Frau Nazi after WWII? When the Third Reich fell, what happened to the people in the cities and towns as far as their Nazi beliefs that supported Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post

You do know thatís NOT what pirates looked like, right?

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang 13 View Post
    It's pretty GD depressing.
    It is. And the disheartening chaos is a weapon they are wielding deliberately. I don't intend to let them prevail.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Better be ready to go all 10 rounds if you expect to win this one. Dropping your gloves this soon in the fight and he will win.
    PaulF

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    You do know that’s NOT what pirates looked like, right?

Peace,
    Robert

Captain Jones was no pirate!

and yes I know what pirates look like. see below for an example.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post

What happened to everyday Herr and Frau Nazi after WWII? When the Third Reich fell, what happened to the people in the cities and towns as far as their Nazi beliefs that supported Hitler?
    I would suspect that as the German economy fell into a deep morass, food and fuel became scarce that support dwindled.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Captain Jones was no pirate!

and yes I know what pirates look like. see below for an example.

I meant his crew.

Peace,
    Robert

Thumbs up Re: It's over... Trump is going to win

No Way!!!

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

^ Why is Dan Fogelberg arm wrestling Hellboy?
    Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    I would suspect that as the German economy fell into a deep morass, food and fuel became scarce that support dwindled.
    uh no

the economy in west germany rebounded quickly, massive infrastructure projects were underway and cities were rebuilt quickly, more so than in france and england, the united states maintained military bases in germany which spurred local economic development; occupation of west germany by allied powers ended within ten years, four days after the occupation ended, west germany began rebuilding its military and it formally joined nato

things were different in east germany. . .
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Herself spent a year in Germany in the mid 70s, and she said it felt kinda weird. This very firm, deeply felt and solidly publicly stated theme of "never again," coupled with silence and familial amnesia. At that point at least, and in the circle where she was in a University town, deep shame mixed with silence. Bear in mind that in the 70s, there were plenty of grandmothers and grandfathers who'd been alive during the War, whatever their role. Most men who'd have been called up will have served; most will have been convinced by the propaganda ... or convinced enough that when coupled with fear, produced acquiescence. Most will have become inured to what they were asked to do. I mean, people who work in meat packing plants lose their revulsion, and eventually collect pensions.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I'm more likely to be with Corporal Jones.
    (Colonials may not get this!)

Cool Re: It's over... Trump is going to win

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    ^ Why is Dan Fogelberg arm wrestling Hellboy?

Sly Stone maybe?

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

He could well lose the popular vote by even more than last time while succeeding in the electoral college by a small margin. His campaign and the RNC are undeterred by the day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Study up on the Marshall Plan, or are you referring to East Germany?
    Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein
    I'm ready to give up.
    What would "giving up" entail for you?
    "In 1964, the GOP ceased to be the party of Lincoln and became the party of Southern whites. As I now look back with the clarity of hindsight, I am convinced that coded racial appeals had at least as much, if not more, to do with the electoral success of the modern Republican Party than all of the domestic and foreign policy proposals crafted by well-intentioned analysts like me. This is what liberals have been saying for decades. I never believed them." -- Max Boot

estimates are 10-100 thousand suicides at the end of the war. one town near berlin had 1,000 people kill themselves in a single day.

The only way he wins is if Ruskies hack the voting machines (which could happen), the social media BS they pulled the last time won't cut it, people have wised up. Still believe there are more lovers than haters in this country.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

He didn't need to confirm what we already knew.... but he demonstrated that he doesn't need to lay it between the lines; he can state it plainly....

I'm ready to give up.
    They're still only about a third of eligible voters, Norman.

They don't get more votes just because they're rabid imbeciles.

You don't seem like you'd be much help in a scrap.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    What would "giving up" entail for you?
    I'm giving up psychologically.

There is a difference between hoping and praying that there are enough decent and honorable people in this country to throw an ignorant racist out of the White House.....

...and acknowledging that there may NOT be enough.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    estimates are 10-100 thousand suicides at the end of the war. one town near berlin had 1,000 people kill themselves in a single day.
    Between diet, booze, opioids and guns, reds are doing that already.

If Democrats were not crazy left and had a good candidate anywhere near the center they would not have to resort to ad hominems as shouting racism..

Why this basic theory is beyond bilge liberals is a mystery

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

And how do you feel about the far right bobbys? I suppose you have the bible in hand to show how far it's gone RIGHT!

Clinton's war room said it: It's the economy, stupid.

If attention is paid to things like the stock market, then yeh it will be difficult to dislodge our current president. If one does a moderately deep dive into the stats and realize how many people, nominally employed, are just scraping by, and if they vote their discontent with their state in life, then that is another matter.

Literally he could shoot somebody as he mentioned in the 2016 campaign and the Stumps would STILL vote for him. Any attempt to reason with them is a king-hell waste of bandwidth. Energize the middle-progressive base, and pick off the independents with some brains. And fer crissakes, follow my mantra: Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    If Democrats were not crazy left and had a good candidate anywhere near the center they would not have to resort to ad hominems as shouting racism..
    Gimme a break. Dems (and Republicans who happen not to be white) are "shouting racism" because Trump keeps saying racist things. He's a racist. If he didn't put the tropes out there, they'd have no racist things to accuse him of, eh?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

it really would be nice to have something moderate to vote for. i can't vote for the people racing to see how much free stuff they can give away

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Clinton's war room said it: It's the economy, stupid.

If attention is paid to things like the stock market, then yeh it will be difficult to dislodge our current president. If one does a moderately deep dive into the stats and realize how many people, nominally employed, are just scraping by, and if they vote their discontent with their state in life, then that is another matter.

Literally he could shoot somebody as he mentioned in the 2016 campaign and the Stumps would STILL vote for him. Any attempt to reason with them is a king-hell waste of bandwidth. Energize the middle-progressive base, and pick off the independents with some brains. And fer crissakes, follow my mantra: Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.
    The title of this thread is the problem. "It's over"

It sure is, if you quit/ give up, this soon.
    PaulF