Thread: Bendng

Default Bendng

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...AEBC&FORM=VIRE

Nice to see action shots of jobs actually taking place as opposed to stills. "Says one who struggles to post a picture at all."

Forgive me but is this capability only within the bounds of the professional cameramen?

Maybe I'm too long in the tooth, and that's silly question?

Default Re: Bendng

The process is not difficult.
    First find your video.
    video screenshot.jpg
    Then select and copy the code that I have highlighted at the top of the screen.
    Go to the Forum page and in the reply window, click on the little film icon.

insert video.jpg
    A new window will open. Paste the code that you copied into the box identified by "Enter your video . . . .

Go "Advanced" or Preview Post to ensure that it worked.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I think the OP was talking about making the video, not posting the link.

As rank amateur photographer myself, I can only give some very limited advice. Professional photographers take dozens of pictures for every one that you see. They also frame their shots and find the best camera angle to make a dump look like a palace. I have the unfortunate knack of finding the camera angle that makes a palace look like a dump. Operator skill. It takes some training and a lot of practice. I watched a film crew photograph an event one weekend. Two days of filming and they aired maybe 3 minutes on TV.

There is a good comment on working alone on another bending video from the same coach builder here: https://youtu.be/2u49zejYeyw?t=363 If you right click a video using Firefox anyway, Chrome or Edge might be different, and select 'copy video URL at present time', it will add the time into the video in seconds to the URL so it opens at that time. That is what the "?t=363" at the end of the url means. Thwat's where he says that he can't move the camera while filming. ?t=294 is where he explains why you need the compression strap.

Another key attribute is patience. As you watch the video, the camera does move, but you don't see the piece of wood, so he might have started editing and realized that he needed to go back and film some additional detail. Speaking of patience, my writing style requires too much patience from the victim, I mean reader, so I should stop.
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch

Quote Originally Posted by MN Dave View Post
    I think the OP was talking about making the video, not posting the link.

As rank amateur photographer myself, I can only give some very limited advice. Professional photographers take dozens of pictures for every one that you see. They also frame their shots and find the best camera angle to make a dump look like a palace. I have the unfortunate knack of finding the camera angle that makes a palace look like a dump. Operator skill. It takes some training and a lot of practice. I watched a film crew photograph an event one weekend. Two days of filming and they aired maybe 3 minutes on TV.

There is a good comment on working alone on another bending video from the same coach builder here: https://youtu.be/2u49zejYeyw?t=363 If you right click a video using Firefox anyway, Chrome or Edge might be different, and select 'copy video URL at present time', it will add the time into the video in seconds to the URL so it opens at that time. That is what the "?t=363" at the end of the url means. Thwat's where he says that he can't move the camera while filming. ?t=294 is where he explains why you need the compression strap.

Another key attribute is patience. As you watch the video, the camera does move, but you don't see the piece of wood, so he might have started editing and realized that he needed to go back and film some additional detail. Speaking of patience, my writing style requires too much patience from the victim, I mean reader, so I should stop.

Thanks, that was my intention Dave, although I appreciate the information Nick has provided.

I miss the intricacies that goes into some of the efforts presented in a Thread if it is only presented in "stills".
    That's a pity because the action actually taking place is more informative to the interested party who may be following a similar project.

Perhaps it the cost is prohibitive?

The key thing about making a video is a tripod. Camera shake is a killer and impossible to avoid with hand held.
    Then rehearsal, so that you can sort out best camera location and so on.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

So it appears that the best approach would require the man at the bench and the cameraman. That alone could be costly.

So the amount of videos available of work in progress there must be some way one can recuperate some of the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    So it appears that the best approach would require the man at the bench and the cameraman. That alone could be costly.

So the amount of videos available of work in progress there must be some way one can recuperate some of the cost?
    If the videos are published on YouTube and achieve a lot of subscribers, a pretty decent income can be generated. With a limited number of viewers there is no money in it.
    Money may not buy happiness, but it can buy a boat that will pull right up next to it!