Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78

Thread: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

trolls love his lies.

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/ilhan...lly-criticism/

The White House correspondent for the One America News Network asked whether Ms Omar, a Representative for Minnesota, should be investigated for possibly marrying her sibling.

“There’s a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother,” Mr Trump responded.

“You’re asking me a question about it. I don’t know, but I’m sure that somebody will be looking at that.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...y-criticism%2F
    Last edited by LeeG; 07-18-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    WELL... you don't have to get insulting!!! <G>
    To be fair, I use it most often with athletes.

Did you REALLY do 50 pull-ups, today, or did you go through the motions to check them off the list? Or, did you just check them off the list?

Mind, Not YOU you. Universal You. Me you.

Although, I learned early on that hiding from work only piles it up on the other side of the wall, so, I don’t hide much from real work, anymore.
    The yard can go a day. The core? Nope. Planks save lives...

Peace,
    Nonsenser In Chief

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    To be fair, I use it most often with athletes.

Did you REALLY do 50 pull-ups, today, or did you go through the motions to check them off the list? Or, did you just check them off the list?

Mind, Not YOU you. Universal You. Me you.

Although, I learned early on that hiding from work only piles it up on the other side of the wall, so, I don’t hide much from real work, anymore.
    The yard can go a day. The core? Nope. Planks save lives...

Peace,
    Nonsenser In Chief
    Words to remember. I'm commencing a journey of gittar-playing. One thing that's immediately obvious is that it will take some extra discipline to practice every day until my fingers toughen up. My hands have plenty of thick/tough spots... but hardly at all on the fingertips. And the tiny bit of gittaring I've done has been nylon strings - so these steel jobbers are a revelation in pain.

One of the hurdles I had to clear in deciding to play the instrument was my own feelings of incompetence/inadequacy. I'm starting late in life. My hands aren't built for gittaring. Everybody, their brother, and all their in-laws play the gittar - and all better than me. But I've come to the place where all I will compare myself to, critically, is myself.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Words to remember. I'm commencing a journey of gittar-playing. One thing that's immediately obvious is that it will take some extra discipline to practice every day until my fingers toughen up. My hands have plenty of thick/tough spots... but hardly at all on the fingertips. And the tiny bit of gittaring I've done has been nylon strings - so these steel jobbers are a revelation in pain.

One of the hurdles I had to clear in deciding to play the instrument was my own feelings of incompetence/inadequacy. I'm starting late in life. My hands aren't built for gittaring. Everybody, their brother, and all their in-laws play the gittar - and all better than me. But I've come to the place where all I will compare myself to, critically, is myself.
    Oldest Son will often mindlessly tear off the calloused skin on his bass plucking fingertips.

Ukuleles have nylon or fluorocarbon strings. Plus a baritone is really just pretty much Keith Richards’ guitar.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    DFT has the blood of American and Canadian citzens on his hands.
    It is an undeniably an appeal to violence. Check out the conservatives who say so:

Ryan Saavedra, a reporter at the conservative outlet the Daily Wire, told his followers that it’s “okay to be angry at Omar” but that “threats of violence and acts of violence are never okay.” He also wrote, “Like it or not, Omar is a U.S. Citizen and you can’t deport a U.S. citizen.”

Conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt called “Send her back!” a “nativist, terrible chant.” Guy Benson, political editor at the conservative website Townhall.com and a Fox News contributor, urged Omar’s critics to chant “Vote her out!” if they don’t like her policies, not “Send her back!” — a slogan he called “appalling.”

“I’m very tough on Omar [because] she deserves it, on the merits. I am sickened by the hate-laced ‘send her back’ chants,” Benson wrote. “Shame on every person who participated. POTUS has a responsibility to put an end to it. He alone has the ability to do so.”

“This is the sound of illiberalism, intolerance,” Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO of the Anti-Defamation League, said on Twitter. “Listen closely: it’s a danger not just to immigrants and minorities but to all Americans.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.7f2a0017489d
    Note, no mention of race.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

One astute observer says the GOP has 'sold its soul'. Suggests the Dems take advantage --

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/steve...093142096.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Big Orange is going to rock that "Send her back" chant at every possible opportunity from now until the election. He won't stop. It's the new "Lock her up."
    Nosce te ipsum

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

"Look her up" (2016) and "Send her back!" (20190 Trump is limited to 3 words.

Oldest Son will often mindlessly tear off the calloused skin on his bass plucking fingertips.

Ukuleles have nylon or fluorocarbon strings. Plus a baritone is really just pretty much Keith Richards’ guitar.

Peace,
    Robert
    True, Rob, just one string short of micawber. I keep thinking one of the little Vorson electric Tenors would be nice, but I only paid that much for my Ibanez Mikro. I could just take E and A strings off and have a Baritone.

Peace,
    Robert

you know what i found to be odd? when i played geetar a lot i noticed my finger tips hurt b/c they were soft, then they got hard and calloused and quit hurting.... but then they got soft again after a long time playing but still wouldn't hurt. that was weird to me. i figured they would just stay hard and calloused

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Big Orange is going to rock that "Send her back" chant at every possible opportunity from now until the election. He won't stop. It's the new "Lock her up."
    Face of the GOP. They believed the lies about Hillary, don’t care about the truth about Trump and have moved right on to bigoted chants about Congresswomen some of whom have small children. This will really secure the vote from suburban women. The old sexual predator who berates women in public and spreads lies about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hubbard View Post
    True, Rob, just one string short of micawber. I keep thinking one of the little Vorson electric Tenors would be nice, but I only paid that much for my Ibanez Mikro. I could just take E and A strings off and have a Baritone.
    When I found out Keith sometimes played with only five strings, I was surprised. For a moment.

Then, a flood of understanding washed over me, and I “got” why he sounded that way.

Peace,
    Robert

One astute observer says the GOP has 'sold its soul'. Suggests the Dems take advantage --

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/steve...093142096.html
    Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr called out the Republican Party on Wednesday, saying the GOP had “sold its soul” to President Donald Trump.

You gotta be pretty stupid to sell ANYTHING to bone spurs and expect him to stand behind the deal.

well if a sports coach says it.... i'm all in

When I found out Keith sometimes played with only five strings, I was surprised. For a moment.

Then, a flood of understanding washed over me, and I “got” why he sounded that way.

Peace,
    Robert
    It's like catching on to the Velvet Underground and Lou's famous Ostrich.

note to all: it's a shame to waste this line of discussion on a political thread, the recent guitar practice thread would be much more deserving of such talk.
    Nosce te ipsum

Today Trump pulled his usual evasion saying (truthfully) that at the latest campaign rally he himself did not actually say "Send her back" and he didn't like it. Didn't hate it enough to rise to a McCain level and address the crowd. More like enjoying the polarizing racist moment but too much of a wimp to admit it.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Peace,
    Robert
    My playing might be better with fewer strings...........

Lemme guess, bubbles dropped by to tell us all the Trumpistas are Tired of being called racists. Seems to be a new RW talking point --

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ted&yptr=yahoo
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

You look more like Anti-sneeze... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

To the thread title: it’s been the dimocrat playbook since 2000. GW was a racist. McCain was a racist. Romney was a racist. Now Trump’s a racist. In the meantime: Colin Powell was a racist. Condoleezza Rice was a racist. Clarence Thomas is a racist. Ben Carson is a racist. Candice Owens is a racist. Diamond and Silk are racists. Kanye West is a racist. But Robert Byrd was a good guy.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    To the thread title: it’s been the dimocrat playbook since 2000. GW was a racist. McCain was a racist. Romney was a racist. Now Trump’s a racist. In the meantime: Colin Powell was a racist. Condoleezza Rice was a racist. Clarence Thomas is a racist. Ben Carson is a racist. Candice Owens is a racist. Diamond and Silk are racists. Kanye West is a racist. But Robert Byrd was a good guy.
    Y'all quit dealin' the race card, and we'll stop playin' the race card.

Deal?
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Seriously. This is denial.
    Even if English wasn’t your first language it’s clear in multiple statements Trump is saying where the Congresswomen came from. It’s the same birtherism line “you’re not from here, you’re not one of us”

So what makes four women not one of Trump’s “us”? Gee I guess that’s just too hard to figure out.If you say it’s racist, then, well, You’re The Racist!

Alan’s response is what implausible deniability is about. Say enough vague and nonsensical statements and it leaves the listener to not hold Trump or themselves responsible for any position but free to imply any position. wheeee what fun trolling us.
    Lee, you left out one key element of this subterfuge or attempt to claim "Non-Troll" status and that little bit of linguistic legerdemain was posted immediately preceeding your #123 when our Huntsville correspondent attempts an interest in a fellow forum member's heritage, and "unrelated to the topic at hand" discussion of something completely not germane by introducing a statement on regional cooking.

Regarding your last line Alan, why wouldn't you make it out to be as bad as you can, isn't it as bad as it can get or is there some lower bar the Dear Leader must crawl under before you begin to recognize the character (or should I say, lack of character) that the man constantly displays openly and proudly?

Originally Posted by AlanMc
    Azores? i bet that guy made some good food. i've seen some shows featuring their cooking and it looks awesome.

i don't agree with t-rump's commentary. but i'm also not going to make it out to be as bad as i can.

"Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett