Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomF
    Recalcitrant Heretic
    • Jun 2003

Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

Originally posted by amish rob
    It’s like NY subway light bulbs. It has a left handed thread, so it’s REALLY hard to change.
    Happily, I'm left handed.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Kevin T
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Tom Montgomery
      From today's Washington Post:

21st century Republicans are both morally and ethically bankrupt. They are divided between those who enthusiastically applaud Trump's racism and those who, as Ms. Phillips points out, servilely enable it by declining to oppose it. We see plenty of the second kind here in the WBF Bilge. The 21st century GOP is a sick man.
      We also might note that we see a few of the first kind here as well.

As to a point made in the WaPo article, if Republican members of the House and Senate feel there is no incentive to speak out as they'd lose their jobs, I have a simple solution that won't put their jobs in peril, and as added bonus it might give them "a shot" at regaining their dignity, and remember I said; "might" give them a shot.

So what if these giants of courage in the GOP stepped forward, called out the racists tweets for what they are, and then joined with their Democratic colleagues in calling for impeachment hearings, and note that it is hearings I am advocating, not a call for absolute impeachment.

The facts laid out to the American public will likely have an effect and at the very least get the misdeeds out in the open and into recorded history.
      "Unrepentant Reprobate"
      Lew Barrett

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
        Ancient Mariner
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by AlanMc
        why do you insist on conflating boat ownership and politics?
        Maybe it's because it's a b oat forum Alan. Did you think that might be the reason? Does it make sense? I've sailed with a lot of people here, all happen to be boaters. We don't argue, we talk about boats 90% of the time. Oh wait, we do argue over construction and materials used but, that is a side bar. We may argue about the booze too, I like beer and maybe in the evening, rum. We argue a lot about our choices in Scottish Whiskey too. Very important!

Comment

• AlanMc
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by S.V. Airlie
          Maybe it's because it's a b oat forum Alan. Did you think that might be the reason? Does it make sense? I've sailed with a lot of people here, all happen to be boaters. We don't argue, we talk about boats 90% of the time. Oh wait, we do argue over construction and materials used but, that is a side bar. We may argue about the booze too, I like beer and maybe in the evening, rum. We argue a lot about our choices in Scottish Whiskey too. Very important!

right, "real boat owners" are only the ones that share your politics. if the politics are different, then you're a "fake boat owner". i'm not saying you can't talk politics on a boat forum, i'm saying it's ridiculous to say "real boat owners" are this way or that way in regards to anything. "boat owners" are people. people can be anything they want. seems to reason then that you will have "real boat owners" that aren't like you. and ya know what? that's OK! i think if we required every boat owner to think like you, there'd be a sheet load of boats hitting craigslist. i'd probably just burn mine

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
            Ancient Mariner
            • Dec 2006

No, share boats and a love of boats Alan, you seem to conveniently ignore that fact whi=ch suggests that YOU have no interest in boats. Leads to an obvious question, why are you even here except for the reasons I've posted.

Comment

• Art Haberland
              Fluent in Typo
              • May 2015

Originally posted by twodot
              I don't know what cancel culture means. I asked what kind of boat you have. Two years ago I recalled you saying that you don't have a wooden boat.

My impression is that you don't care about much at all, and are here for yucks regarding people who do care.
              I thought that was Bluey?
              "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                Ancient Mariner
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Art Haberland
                I thought that was Bluey?
                What's in a name?

Comment

• Nicholas Scheuer
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by joe (socal)
                  lock her up!

Comment

• AlanMc
                    • Jul 2017

No, share boats and a love of boats Alan, you seem to conveniently ignore that fact whi=ch suggests that YOU have no interest in boats. Leads to an obvious question, why are you even here except for the reasons I've posted.

hahaha... yeah, all i've done is grow up on the river and build a boat in my garage. no interest in boats though. you know, b/c SV says so and he's always right.

and obviously sv, i come here b/c your buffoonery is TOP NOTCH! i mean, just READ your last few posts. you can't get that kind of lunacy just any ole place.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2002

Personally I don't have an issue with Alan, I don't agree with his politics but he's posted some pretty nice things as a basic human being, as has Gang - I don't agree with them on political issues and I will go toe to toe in debates. But thats about it

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                        Ancient Mariner
                        • Dec 2006

All talk and no proof! Wheeee! And you wonder why so many on the WBF have put you on ignore. There are those who have photographic proof of my boats Alan. That's a fact!

Comment

• AlanMc
                          • Jul 2017

All talk and no proof! Wheeee! And you wonder why so many on the WBF have put you on ignore. There are those who have photographic proof of my boats Alan. That's a fact!

my profile pic is my boat man.

Comment

• AlanMc
                            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Joe (SoCal)
                            Personally I don't have an issue with Alan, I don't agree with his politics but he's posted some pretty nice things as a basic human being, as has Gang - I don't agree with them on political issues and I will go toe to toe in debates. But thats about it

thanks joe. yeah, i doubt we'd ever agree on the political stuff. doesn't mean i wouldn't buy you a beer though.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                              Ancient Mariner
                              • Dec 2006

I looked at your profile, found nothing about boats, just previous posts. Nothing else. AND I MEAN NOTHING. Have a good day, I don't have many people on ignore, this will be a highlight of my day. Thanks!

Comment

• AlanMc
                                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by twodot
                                Is that what it is. At the low resolution I thought that it was a medieval helmet.

hahah, for some reason it shows up sideways. the original pic is normal. here's some from when it was brand new

Comment

Working...