Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 140 of 271

Thread: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    24,797

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    token?

    He has changed his tune considerably, and is openly speaking as what would pass for a democrat these days.

    "Steele was openly critical of Donald Trump during his 2016 presidential campaign and has continued to oppose President Trump during his subsequent administration.
    In a January 2018 interview on MSNBC, in response to an accusation that President Trump had referred to El Salvador and Haiti as "sh!thole countries," Steele expressed his belief that the President was "racist."

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,137

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    OK. You are back in. The cell tower and house are removed, and levels/curves tweaked, to give it an Andrew Wyeth look; and framed because it is frame-worthy:


    Dope! The photo had such good bones to work with because I didn’t take it.

    That was a fun day.

    Peace,
    Robert

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,137

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    It is a great photo. Because it raises questions in the viewer's mind. Where are they? Where are they going so purposefully? Why is the bowman standing like that, with his paddle at his feet? What is she thinking about, as she looks to one side? Why doesn't the sternman pull up his shorts?
    Yeah.

    Peace,
    Robert

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sorrento Australia
    Posts
    1,882

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Where it all began:


    [[/video]


    He is willing to go to such great lengths to get back at Obama.

    The question is Where will it end?
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.




  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    57,230

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Depends how long you all leave him there……..

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Depends how long you all leave him there……..
    Yep. Where are the Watts-level riots when you need them? Seriously, people should be marching in the streets in enormous numbers.

    What are you doing about it?




  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,704

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    I think I'm gonna break down and purchase a copy of the brand new book "American Carnage" (a quote from Trump's inauguration speech) by that Politico senior editor. I've seen interviews with him twice now, and frankly, it looks like he's got insights I haven't heard as clearly stated elsewhere. Said that Trump's takeaway from the Tea Party movement was that it was all about "cultural conservatism" (tribe, race, class), not about the putative issues the Tea Party claimed they stood for. And he's utterly correct. Also sounds like some of the interviews in the book - with people like Cruz and Rubio and Boehner - are by themselves worth the price. Bottom line - people aren't marching in the streets because, as ever, the Dems still largely think this is about policy ... while the Reps think it's about cultural survival.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I think I'm gonna break down and purchase a copy of the brand new book "American Carnage" (a quote from Trump's inauguration speech) by that Politico senior editor. I've seen interviews with him twice now, and frankly, it looks like he's got insights I haven't heard as clearly stated elsewhere. Said that Trump's takeaway from the Tea Party movement was that it was all about "cultural conservatism" (tribe, race, class), not about the putative issues the Tea Party claimed they stood for. And he's utterly correct. Also sounds like some of the interviews in the book - with people like Cruz and Rubio and Boehner - are by themselves worth the price. Bottom line - people aren't marching in the streets because, as ever, the Dems still largely think this is about policy ... while the Reps think it's about cultural survival.
    Well, yeah. I've been saying for years, based on Achen and Bartels' research, that the strongest predictors of people's votes are their personal economic experience in the two quarters preceding the poll (if they perceive it as bad, they vote against the incumbent) and their tribal identity. Trump's behaviour doesn't matter to his tribe, because they have embraced him as their own. We see it in the Bilge as clearly as we see it in the Senate.

    What are you doing about it?




  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,175

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    So Alan, if someone says to you “go back to the country you came from” what do you do? How about if they say it to your son? How about if a politician says it? Like maybe the POTUS? You managed to get some attention on this thread so enjoy that attention and bring it to the topic.

    i dunno. first they'd have to tell me what country i was specifically from history wise. i've never really bothered to look it up, but i think there's german and scottish/irish in there. i would bet there's some native american there somewhere too. then we'd have to work out whether i was going back to the highest percentage country, or i could choose which one i wanted, or maybe i would have to spend an appropriate percentage of time in each one according to my lineage percentages. sounds like it could be kind of fun since those countries don't suck. but i think i'd rather stay here.

    trump and his comments on the other hand. who knows what he's trying to say. i think you have to fill in the gaps a lot when he talks or it doesn't make any sense. so first i have to make an assumption that the president isn't making racists comments on his twitter feed. hey, maybe that's a bad assumption but it's the only one that makes sense to me. so if he's not trying to be blatantly racist, what's he really trying to say? i assume he's being blatantly 'MERICA F'CK YEA. which means, "hey you came here b/c it's better than where you came from (fill in that he is generally saying you family and not that you weren't born here)".

    i don't rate these instances high up my GAS indicator.

    lots of assumptions. but hey, i'm an optimist

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    62,243

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Your assumption that he isn't being racist is ludicrous but, carry on.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    29,005

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc
    trump and his comments on the other hand. who knows what he's trying to say.
    Seriously dude?
    "No matter which faction of the party with which you identify, whether left, center left, centrist, blind partisan, social justice warrior, Dem leaning Indie, or Never-Trumper, job one is defeating these Republicans badly enough that they will BACK THE F OFF.

    If that doesn't happen, there will be no climate change fix, no inequality fix, no better health care, jobs, .... no future. It is vital to stop them now and do it decisively." -- sonofswen



  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,175

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Seriously dude?

    yeah, i don't assume the worst case scenarios

    namaste

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    29,005

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    .
    Trump has been clear in his meaning. Tu no entiendes ingles. Or do not want to.
    "No matter which faction of the party with which you identify, whether left, center left, centrist, blind partisan, social justice warrior, Dem leaning Indie, or Never-Trumper, job one is defeating these Republicans badly enough that they will BACK THE F OFF.

    If that doesn't happen, there will be no climate change fix, no inequality fix, no better health care, jobs, .... no future. It is vital to stop them now and do it decisively." -- sonofswen



  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    38,704

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    yeah, i don't assume the worst case scenarios namaste
    It's reasonable (if a bit naďve) to start there. By now? You're part of the problem, dude. Sorry.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,137

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    yeah, i don't assume the worst case scenarios

    namaste
    Go back where you came from if you don’t like it here is EXACTLY what my grandfather heard when he came here.

    Except, the idiots taunting him then were too stupid to know what a Portuguese person from the Azores was, so they called him slurs for Mexicans.

    As a child, we were called the “Little Slurs”. Most of my friends were non white because they white kids didn’t hang out with slurs.

    Man.

    I MISS when America was really great, and you could just call people slurs, like they weren’t even human.

    Peace,
    Yes. It REALLY Is They Bad, Dude

  16. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    so first i have to make an assumption that the president isn't making racists comments on his twitter feed.
    Riiiiiight... because even though it's been walking like a duck, swimming like a duck, and quacking like a duck for years now, it's just not reasonable to assume it's a bird, let alone waterfowl of some kind.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    maybe that's a bad assumption but it's the only one that makes sense to me.
    Given that you're intelligent enough to use a computer and post things on the internets, I have trouble believing your sense-maker is that poorly calibrated. I think you know it's a bad assumption and you don't believe it for a moment.

    What are you doing about it?




  17. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,175

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Go back where you came from if you don’t like it here is EXACTLY what my grandfather heard when he came here.

    Except, the idiots taunting him then were too stupid to know what a Portuguese person from the Azores, so they kept calling him rascal slurs for Mexicans.

    As a child, we were called the “Little Slurs”. Most of my friends were non white because they white kids didn’t hang out with slurs.

    Man.

    I MISS when America was really great, and you could just call people slurs, like they weren’t even human.

    Peace,
    Yes. It REALLY Is They Bad, Dude

    Azores? i bet that guy made some good food. i've seen some shows featuring their cooking and it looks awesome.

    i don't agree with t-rump's commentary. but i'm also not going to make it out to be as bad as i can.

  18. #123
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    53,036

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Seriously dude?
    Seriously. This is denial.
    Even if English wasn’t your first language it’s clear in multiple statements Trump is saying where the Congresswomen came from. It’s the same birtherism line “you’re not from here, you’re not one of us”

    So what makes four women not one of Trump’s “us”? Gee I guess that’s just too hard to figure out.If you say it’s racist, then, well, You’re The Racist!

    Alan’s response is what implausible deniability is about. Say enough vague and nonsensical statements and it leaves the listener to not hold Trump or themselves responsible for any position but free to imply any position. wheeee what fun trolling us.

  19. #124
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    53,036

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Azores? i bet that guy made some good food. i've seen some shows featuring their cooking and it looks awesome.

    i don't agree with t-rump's commentary. but i'm also not going to make it out to be as bad as i can.

    Whew, sure wouldn’t want to think the potus was a racist saying racist things and implementing xenophobic and bigoted policies. Like, dude that would be bad.

  20. #125
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,945

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    AlanMC's arguments, usually weak, are now laughable: it's clear what Trump meant.
    Elect a clown expect a circus

  21. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,137

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Azores? i bet that guy made some good food. i've seen some shows featuring their cooking and it looks awesome.

    i don't agree with t-rump's commentary. but i'm also not going to make it out to be as bad as i can.
    Yeah. We cook awesome. My wife’s family is also from there.

    The point is, I KNOW what those words feel like.

    Go?!

    Eff you, Clown. Come MAKE me leave, if you have the stones. They never did. They were always brave with 8 in a car driving by...

    That’s the type trash being talked by The PRESIDENT! Not some middle management Walmart d-nozzle.

    The freaking head boss.

    So. The head of a household acts like a turd nugget, calls people slurs, makes crass jokes, grabs women, calls EVERYONE a made up, insulting nickname...
    You gonna let you kids stay the night? Have his over?
    You going for barbecue on a Friday night?


    Peace,
    Robert

  22. #127
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    30,481

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    "We create our own reality."

    Now you've seen it in person, folks.

    What are we going to do with these reds when we're done with bone spurs?
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

    "My generation will not allow this to continue!"

    Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

  23. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    5,175

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    "We create our own reality."

    Now you've seen it in person, folks.

    What are we going to do with these reds when we're done with bone spurs?

    i'd roll with internment camps.

  24. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Entry Level
    Posts
    19,864

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    The last line in this opinion piece, I think, says it best.

    As we look at the campaign ahead, it’s obvious that Trump no longer needs to rely on dog whistles. He can use a bullhorn.
    Norm, Norm, Norm. Since 1776. The miracle is that the struggle against it goes on. That he ever felt he had to rely on dog whistles is as far as we've come.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

  25. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Entry Level
    Posts
    19,864

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    I don't care if their ancestors were man and wife at Jamestown in 1607, or if they came from Iran and just got naturalized this morning. If you tell my fellow citizen to "go back where you came from", you're a pig.

    Impeachment.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

  26. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    53,569

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    I dunno. First they'd have to tell me what country I was specifically from history-wise. I've never really bothered to look it up, but i think there's german and scottish/irish in there. I would bet there's some native american there somewhere too. then we'd have to work out whether I was going back to the highest percentage country, or I could choose which one i wanted, or maybe I would have to spend an appropriate percentage of time in each one according to my lineage percentages. sounds like it could be kind of fun since those countries don't suck. But I think i'd rather stay here.

    Trump and his comments on the other hand. who knows what he's trying to say. I think you have to fill in the gaps a lot when he talks or it doesn't make any sense. So first I have to make an assumption that the president isn't making racist comments on his twitter feed. Hey, maybe that's a bad assumption but it's the only one that makes sense to me. So if he's not trying to be blatantly racist, what's he really trying to say? I assume he's being blatantly 'MERICA F'CK YEA. which means, "Hey you came here b/c it's better than where you came from (fill in that he is generally saying your family and not that you weren't born here)".
    . . .
    Lots of assumptions. but hey, i'm an optimist
    In this case, I'm sure you've got it wrong. This last series of tweets has made something very clear. A great deal of what Mr. Trump does makes perfect logical sense if you identify it as white nationalism. He didn't invent it; it's been a fairly common idea over the past couple of centuries; this is the White Man's' Country, everybody else doesn’t really belong, and is only here on sufferance. My ancestors came from various parts of the British Isles and Germany, but none of the folks who think this way would dream of telling me to ‘go back where I came from’. You either. Trump didn't tell Nancy Pelosi that she should go back to Italy, or Chuck Schumer that he should go back to Germany.

    This idea has taken a lot of different forms over the last 150 years, but it's always the same thing - WE (the northern European white Christian folks) belong here, THEY don't. It's sometimes been mainly cultural-religious (those damned Irish Papists, the beer-swilling German Catholics), sometimes based on skin color/ethnicity (the Chinese Exclusion Acts, the Asiatic Exclusion Zone) sometimes a combination (those dreadful Italians, the eastern European Jews, and the Johnson-Reed Immigration Act of 1924), but it's always a variation on the same thing. We're now having a revival of it, likely due to the latest wave of immigration by folks who don't look a lot like me. The irony, of course, is that Ms. Ocasio-Cortez was born in New York City, and grew up in more or less the same area as Trump, if not nearly so high on the proverbial hog).

    Many of Mr Trump’s positions are driven by his narcissism, whatever will get him support or admiration in the moment, but as far as I can tell, his white nationalism is deep-rooted and completely sincere. I expect some of it is driven by his pathological fear of contamination - he washes his hands obsessively, hates to shake hands, and only drinks through a straw. (reference) White nationalism forms a large part of his appeal, in fact, and has been a consistent theme through his campaigning and presidency.

    The fact that you consistently deny the obvious and refuse to recognize Mr Trump's white nationalism is - well - interesting. I'm beginning to think you might approve of it - or Mr. Trump could pee on your head and you'd claim it was raining.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 07-16-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  27. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    9,878

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    "I know some people don't like his tweets and they think he's crass. I -- that's why I voted for him," said retired businesswoman Mary Lou Kohlhofer.

    Another supporter, Doug Thomas, said, "It's unfortunate he had to do it the way he had to do it… It's really the only way he can to get this country back."

    Nancy Schneider even went so far as to echo the sentiment in President Trump's tweets, saying, "If you think you have it better in your -- where you came from or how they did things there, go back where you came from."
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  28. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    30,481

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    his white nationalism is deep-rooted and completely sincere
    His bigotry and love of money are the only things genuine about that scum.

  29. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    30,517

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Four Democratic congresswomen issued a brief statement on Monday urging President Donald Trump to go back to Russia and improve the dire conditions of that country.

    In the tersely worded statement, the four lawmakers—Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, of New York; Ilhan Omar, of Minnesota; Ayanna Pressley, of Massachusetts; and Rashida Tlaib, of Michigan—indicated that Russia was “broken and crime-infested” and required Trump’s immediate attention.

    The statement went on to suggest that, once Trump had fixed the problems plaguing Russia, he could return to the United States and “show us how.”

    In a tweet, Trump mocked the congresswomen, contrasting them with the “real revolutionaries” honored over the weekend on Bastille Day. “In 1789, these brave people stormed Louis XVI’s airports,” he wrote.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  30. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    57,910

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    We all want to view ourselves as fair, caring, reasonable people. So when we - or people we identify with - are in the midst of something disreputable, or engage in acts that go against that belief... we 'rationalize'. We do it as individuals. We do it as a society --



    verb (used with object), ra·tion·al·ized, ra·tion·al·iz·ing.

    to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.


    At some point, however, one has to cease viewing such folks as 'misguided', 'sad', 'ill-informed good folks'... and admit that whatever else they are, they are Part Of The Problem.



    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  31. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,137

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    "I know some people don't like his tweets and they think he's crass. I -- that's why I voted for him," said retired businesswoman Mary Lou Kohlhofer.

    Another supporter, Doug Thomas, said, "It's unfortunate he had to do it the way he had to do it… It's really the only way he can to get this country back."

    Nancy Schneider even went so far as to echo the sentiment in President Trump's tweets, saying, "If you think you have it better in your -- where you came from or how they did things there, go back where you came from."
    Except three of the women he’s attacking came from here.

    It’s THAT stupid of a tirade. And cult.

    Ignorant, stupid, and mean. Yep. About sums it up.

    Peace,
    Robert

  32. #137
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    53,036

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    AlanMC's arguments, usually weak, are now laughable: it's clear what Trump meant.
    It’s also clear why “it couldn’t happen here” could happen here. Let’s go down a hypothetical path. declining economic conditions across the board, increased migration, many more people seeking refugee status because of war/climate change/famine, and precedence of a party and politician winning power on xenophobia and bigotry. Hopefully Trump and his enablers will elicit an allergic response so it can’t happen again.

  33. #138
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    53,036

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    AlanMC's arguments, usually weak, are now laughable: it's clear what Trump meant.
    It’s clear if words have objective meaning but if you free yourself of such limitations you can believe anything, change your mind then argue the opposite.

  34. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Posts
    3,523

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    i don't really have a strong opinion on it. i got the gist of what he was saying, though he continually words things like he wants to get the most outrage possible for whatever reason. the gist was "the countries your family came from suck, that's why they left and came here". it could be "racist" i suppose. but it seemed like more US nationalism to me. 'merica.
    Cortez's family is from PR, which is not "another country" last time I checked.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen



  35. #140
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    53,036

    Default Re: Who ever thought that racism would be a Presidential campaign strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigadog View Post
    Cortez's family is from PR, which is not "another country" last time I checked.
    An important detail is that Trump made no reference to families, just the women and the countries they come from. There’s no need to attribute meaning when Trump made other references to congresswomen and “their” countries as opposed to “our” country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •