Thread: Ending Citizens United

Default Ending Citizens United

I get contacted often by people wanting my support in efforts to overturn this, but I don't see how it can be overturned without the Supreme Court reversing itself. If congress passes a law contradicting it, how can that law pass the Supreme Court?

Am I missing something?
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Default Re: Ending Citizens United

It won't with the conservative court we have now thanks to Mitch. They're in the pocket of big money and I don't see how you fight that once its entrenched.

However, once Mitch and Trump are gone, maybe there will be a way to prove that blocking Merrick Garland was unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I get contacted often by people wanting my support in efforts to overturn this, but I don't see how it can be overturned without the Supreme Court reversing itself. If congress passes a law contradicting it, how can that law pass the Supreme Court?

Am I missing something?
    Perhaps, they use the frog in the boiling water technique, folks who think about things can be overtaken if you slowly squeeze them to death while they are thinking.

Once you realize that is the technique, you just kill them on sight.
    PaulF

All true, but the bottom line still remains, sans changing the make up of the Supreme Court, I don't see how any effort to end Citizens United can succeed.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Don't know where it's at now, but there was a group working on an amendment to clean up money in politics & eliminate CU. I knocked on a lot of doors getting signatures. Of course it'd never make it through the senate now.

And state resolutions: https://freespeechforpeople.org/stat...-constitution/
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green