Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: describe your ideal burger

Default Re: describe your ideal burger

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    what to do with leftover burgers from the grill?

kat loves sloppy joes, i'm not big on them; but so far this 'sauce' of sauteed onions and crumbled burger patties is tasting pretty good. . .
    Loco mocos. Get yer egg in.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    This order is particularly crucial with the Fat Boy (see above), where the cheese is often on the bottom of the bun, and the burger is topped with chili and chopped raw onions, the top of the bun receives pickles, mayo, and mustard, and the shredded lettuce is place between to absorb the mess of both. It's imperfect, but definitely helpful.

Superboys has the messiest Fat Boy I've ever had:

That is why I said put the salad on the side. Far less messy, and you do not need to open your gape like a hippo.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    I'm eating a flame-broiled Whopper from Burger King right now! I don't care what you foodie snobs thing. It is fantastic!!!!!!
    They opened a Wendy's here, I got a jr cheese burger as I was hungry, took off one half of the bun. Ok. When I go to Portland I stop at 5 brothers.. ok amish rob, that's the best I can do.......

Actually, 5 brothers makes a pretty decent burger bobbys.

And yes Skip, I will admit to eating many Whoppers. Telling a few too.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I am pretty basic. 85% lean beef, normally pan fried because it isn't worth firing up the grill for a single burger (my wife won't eat beef). Served on toasted multi grain bread with a bit of mayo, dijon mustard, tomato and sliced dill pickles. If I put cheese on the burger I use either Jarlsberg for a conventional burger or Cambozola for an exotic burger. This has got me hungry for a burger, but unfortunately we are having paella for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D View Post
    I am pretty basic. 85% lean beef, normally pan fried because it isn't worth firing up the grill for a single burger (my wife won't eat beef). Served on toasted multi grain bread with a bit of mayo, dijon mustard, tomato and sliced dill pickles. If I put cheese on the burger I use either Jarlsberg for a conventional burger or Cambozola for an exotic burger. This has got me hungry for a burger, but unfortunately we are having paella for dinner.
    Aw - you poor thing...

virtue signalling on a burger thread
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    They opened a Wendy's here, I got a jr cheese burger as I was hungry, took off one half of the bun. Ok. When I go to Portland I stop at 5 brothers.. ok amish rob, that's the best I can do.......
    What do I care what you do. Or eat?

The op asked for an ideal burger, and I described mine. If you have problems beyond that, I believe you know what to do.

If buying burgers, I’ll go to a local place that’s been there for 60+ years, on the third generation of the same family, or a local joint across town.

Personally, though I have preferences, I’ve known real hunger, so I eat food, and I’m generally not rude nor picky about it. But I can also do without.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Aw - you poor thing...
    Well the paella was made with local ingredients - we substituted lobster for the shrimp. That brings up the local burger substitute.

Lobster chopped up and mixed with just a bit of mayo and lemon juice served on a hot dog bun with cole slaw on the side. We eat that too often in August when my five recreational traps produce about 40 lobster a week.
    Last edited by Todd D; 07-11-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Well it was made with local ingredients - we substituted lobster for the shrimp. That brings up the local burger substitute.

Lobster chopped up and mixed with just a bit of mayo and lemon juice served on a hot dog bun with cole slaw on the side. We eat that too often in August when my five recreational traps produce about 40 lobster a week.

You win!

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    That is why I said put the salad on the side. Far less messy, and you do not need to open your gape like a hippo.
    But that's part of the fun!

What are you doing about it?

Now you're talking. I don't understand why you can't find a "lobstah roll" in this part of the world to save your life.

What are you doing about it?

Fast food hamburgers ALL suck.

If I have a hamburger that is not homemade it is only one made at a bar and grill (that's a pub to you members of the commonwealth). And I am DAMN picky about where I eat. I like the hamburger made by the Wonder Bar in Milan, Ohio (Thomas Alva Edison's birthplace). It is a two-beer burger... meaning they usually wait to serve your burger until you have finished your first beer.
    "No matter which faction of the party with which you identify, whether left, center left, centrist, blind partisan, social justice warrior, Dem leaning Indie, or Never-Trumper, job one is defeating these Republicans badly enough that they will BACK THE F OFF.

If that doesn't happen, there will be no climate change fix, no inequality fix, no better health care, jobs, .... no future. It is vital to stop them now and do it decisively." -- sonofswen

Well the paella was made with local ingredients - we substituted lobster for the shrimp. That brings up the local burger substitute.

A good fresh lobster roll is a wonderful thing - especially kept simple the way you describe. I am envious of friends who have traps out. 40/week is amazing though!

Is the Maine shrimp catch still basically collapsed? I remember catching bazillions off Matinicus back in the 70's. But then I remember getting enough clams for 4 people to pig out in 30 minutes too...1

To tie it back to burgers, I'd bring 20 lbs of burger out to Matinicus & throw a barbecue. I was popular - as crummy burger was $5/lb. in the early 70's out there & I'd get good meat.

The best burger ever.... contains no beef!

1 pound of ground pork, nothing fancy, with a couple chipotles chopped up and added in with some adobo and minced garlic.

Brown up in a pan till almost done, add a slice of muenster cheese and a splash of water and cover for a few seconds.

Stack the patty on a toasted Hawaiian roll with mayo, sliced avocado and tomatillo, and a little cilantro.

I will eat two for dinner and then head for the fridge around midnight to eat a cold patty right out of the container.
    "You may be orange, you may like hamburgers, and you may be a clown, but you sir are no Ronald McDonald" - John Stewart

That is a sweet looking burger. Assembled correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    This order is particularly crucial with the Fat Boy (see above), where the cheese is often on the bottom of the bun, and the burger is topped with chili and chopped raw onions, the top of the bun receives pickles, mayo, and mustard, and the shredded lettuce is place between to absorb the mess of both. It's imperfect, but definitely helpful.

Superboys has the messiest Fat Boy I've ever had:

I find this makes eating any burger less messy, and I have made it my standard practice for all burgers that have bun heels and crowns. Another great option is doing away with the bun entirely and wrapping the burger in a suitably curved section of a head of iceberg lettuce.
    The best helping hand you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm.