Thread: C8

Default C8

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: C8

Well, there is yet ANOTHER car whose appeal completely escapes me.....
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

you got something against hybrids???

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    you got something against hybrids???
    Nope, just Corvettes.

I was actually considering a hybrid, btw.... the Honda Insight, which thankfully no longer looks horrible, and has an amazingly low price tag: loaded with ALL the toys, the top-of-the-line is price at just over $29K, vs. well over $35K for a conventional IC Accord in similar trim. 51 mpg, to boot....

....but I haven't made up my mind yet.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

This just has to go here

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

The 'vette is a remarkably capable car for the price. And GM continues to improve it.

I just can't get past the sense that - to drive one - I should don a chartreuse leisure suit accessorized with white patent leather belt and platform shoes.... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    The 'vette is a remarkably capable car for the price. And GM continues to improve it.

I just can't get past the sense that - to drive one - I should don a chartreuse leisure suit accessorized with white patent leather belt and platform shoes.... <G>
    all you need is a gold chain

Hehehehe.... I had a good laugh, at that one!

Well, I'm certainly not going to judge some old rich guy who buys a vette.... even IF he looks damn silly to me. What matters is how HE feels about it.

I'm not indicting sports cars, either... I don't have the capacity to own one (I could afford one, but don't have a garage to store it in), but if I did, I'd consider it... but not a 'muscle' sports car. I leased a Miata back in the 90's for two years, and as long as I didn't have to commute in traffic with it, it was kinda fun. I owned an MGB back in the mid-70's, and it was a lot of fun to drive. I lean towards light weight, and easy handling, as opposed to sheer power.

Good, I was expecting a gun thread about our service rifle. This is much better.
    If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
    -Henry David Thoreau-

Derek.jpg

What the well-dressed Vette driver wears (the standing party, should there be the slightest doubt).
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants

Thumbs up Re: C8

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.