Thread: the dark web

Default the dark web

where is it?

asking for a friend

Default Re: the dark web

Must say hi to tor.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Its between the corner of the shed and that tree you din't chop down.

Shelob's lair.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

we have been overrun by spiders, ants, and mice, running from the destruction. "that house looks nice, let's move in there"

It lies in the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition; it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Ask Q. I'm sure he will know.

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Must say hi to tor.
    That might be a start.
    To do something good
    with no
    Because.

While we wait for a serious answer... Am I the only person who feels drawn to looking at these ISIS recruitment sites? I keep wondering how they succeed in getting American kids to abandon their modern lives and go to a hellish place to fight a war they have no part in.

Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post

OMG.... hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    While we wait for a serious answer... Am I the only person who feels drawn to looking at these ISIS recruitment sites? I keep wondering how they succeed in getting American kids to abandon their modern lives and go to a hellish place to fight a war they have no part in.
    I have certainly felt tempted to check them out before, and even other things done on the "dark web" that we hear about. Somehow, I have always thought it would turn into a case of curiosity killing the cat. but please, let me know what you find.
    Heck, long before the HBO series made Chernobyl famous again, I was known to spend time looking at pictures of people who had travelled there and gone thought the area. But again, I don't think I would do it myself.

It's in the basement.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

You need to find the unfunny onion.
    "The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed." William Gibson

never felt the need CWSmith, but the I've never felt the need for FB, Twits, insta-whatsis either. Why do the work of the marketing industry, banks, credit providers, those who like to mess with elections and the internal intelligence agencies for nothing?
    The concept of Secret Police is redundant as society volunteers all the information and more than they could ever want. And allows itself to be tracked by carting around and buying the tracking devices themselves.
    Who was it said that those who give up freedoms for security end up losing both?

We are a stupid lot I reckon.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 07-12-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    never felt the need CWSmith, but the I've never felt the need for FB, Twits, insta-whatsis either. Why do the work of the marketing industry, banks, credit providers, those who like to mess with elections and the internal intelligence agencies for nothing?
    The concept of Secret Police is redundant as society volunteers all the information and more than they could ever want. And allows itself to be tracked by carting around and buying the tracking devices themselves.
    Who was it said that those who give up freedoms for security end up losing both?

We are a stupid lot I reckon.
    Speak for yourself
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

IRC
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    You know you're on a list; right? The dark web is fairly well watched now-a-days, it's just kept quiet. You seriously have no privacy on the web, anywhere. Wandering through the dark web, in places, is like stumbling upon a murder right after it happened, your DNA is everywhere and you are now a suspect if ever that corner is looked at. I use a VPN but it's like a deadbolt on a house, it only adds a bit of cushion, but does not make the door impervious.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross