Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanks on The Mall

Default Re: Tanks on The Mall

So, he's getting two Abrams and two Bradley Fighting Vehicles. And they aren't even going to be in the parade. Just sitting there on the lawn like you would see a VFW Post. And how much money will it cost? Bigly sad!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Borrowed from PC thread.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

One wonders if the very dishonest and corrupt media are already collecting attendance numbers from the recent Pride parades for comparison.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    So, he's getting two Abrams and two Bradley Fighting Vehicles. And they aren't even going to be in the parade. Just sitting there on the lawn like you would see a VFW Post. And how much money will it cost? Bigly sad!

They could still shoot confetti

I once suffered a leg wound during a Washington D.C.4th of July Parade.

An old man stabbed me in the leg with his lawn chair as he was trying to jockey into position to see Vice President Rockefeller. I was whisked away to the first aid station by my mother and missed the VP.

I hope that old bastard with the chair is happy with himself,blowing a small child's dream of seeing a Millionaire VP, live in person. That is the event that left me the damaged mess I am today! Woe is me!
    Skip

Trump is brilliant, he now has liberals against the 4th of July, the military, he exposes them for the crazed people they are, checkmate again.

This message is hidden because bobbys is on your ignore list.
    Skip

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Trump is brilliant, he now has liberals against the 4th of July, the military, he exposes them for the crazed people they are, checkmate again.
    Been drinking? No one is against celebrating the 4th. What we are against is Trump making it all about him. It's not - it's about all of us - not just rich folks who get passes to sit up front.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Garret,

You defeat the purpose of my ignore list when you quote him.

You can see from post #78 why he is ignore worthy.
    Skip

blah, blah, blah. . .
    you're a special kind of sleaze, and none too bright either, but I guess that's why you're such a sycophant, you see a kindred spirit in your wretched excuse for a president.
    Nosce te ipsum

Sorry Skip. I guess I still hold out hope - probably in vain.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Will there be goose stepping, I’d love to see goose stepping, and guns and fixed bayonets, and party flags, lots and lots of flags, and arms raised high in salute to Ivanka and her fuhrer , oops father.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    you're a special kind of sleaze, and none too bright either, but I guess that's why you're such a sycophant, you see a kindred spirit in your wretched excuse for a president.
    He’s a successful troll. Knows when to ratchet up the sleaze quotient behind the idiotic or nonsense statement, then poof! The thread is about him. That’s the entire schtick. Trump politics is just a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    He’s a successful troll. Knows when to ratchet up the sleaze quotient behind the idiotic or nonsense statement, then poof! The thread is about him. That’s the entire schtick. Trump politics is just a vehicle.
    He'll happily spin lies and make slanderous statements all day long while playing the innocent wounded victim.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    HEY, I walked a blind man across the street Last week....True...

Quote Originally Posted by L.A Marche View Post
    Will there be goose stepping, I’d love to see goose stepping, and guns and fixed bayonets, and party flags, lots and lots of flags, and arms raised high in salute to Ivanka and her fuhrer , oops father.
    Not Godwin's law again, we have only had 50 mentions of it . Libs need to come up with something that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Last time libs recognized the 4th was when Obama was in and that was just a token . To libs patriotism is liberalism.

I have been to the Mall on the Fourth a few times, when I lived in DC and later just visiting. The Mall and adjoining spaces will be packed. No room to move. And it is definitely not the kind of crowd Trump would like to have. The only flyover they are likely to cheer is the one of him being taken away by helicopter when he leaves the presidency.

I foresee lots of booing, debauchery, protest signs and balloons, and general push-back. Fox is going to have to stick to tight camera angles to show all the "support".

Of course, if the right-wing nutcases decide to demonstrate in the midst of it all, it may get ugly.

Public Service Bulletin:

'Sycophant' is a perfectly legitimate word, but there are those for whom the term 'psychophant' is much more apt.

That is all.
    Rattling the teacups.

Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

I”ve never thought of the 4th as a “military” holiday. Didn’t we just have a holiday for that a month ago?
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Public Service Bulletin:

'Sycophant' is a perfectly legitimate word, but there are those for whom the term 'psychophant' is much more apt.

That is all.
    perfect

Not Godwin's law again, we have only had 50 mentions of it . Libs need to come up with something that makes sense.
    Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    For Trumpís planned speech at the Lincoln Memorial, the White House is distributing VIP tickets to Republican donors and political appointees, prompting objections from Democratic lawmakers who argue that the president has turned the annual celebration into a campaign-like event.
    There ought to be a law.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Quote Originally Posted by l.a marche View Post
    walks like a d!ck, quacks like a d!ck...
    ftfy
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    It's not like a liberal parade where libs walk around with women body parts on their heads.

I thought the hats were to make the president feel happy and welcome.

Aren't they representative of the body parts he admittedly likes to grab?

Peace,
    Father Of A Daughter Who Recently Punched A Boy Who Thought He Could Grab Her
    Really...

"Father Of A Daughter Who Recently Punched A Boy Who Thought He Could Grab Her"

Her Soft Ball bat might have made a bigger impression, literally.
    PaulF

April rocks.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    "Father Of A Daughter Who Recently Punched A Boy Who Thought He Could Grab Her"

Her Soft Ball bat might have made a bigger impression, literally.
    I’m not so sure about that. She grew up with Nick and Quadzilla, determined to ALWAYS outdo ANYthing the stoopid boys did.
    And, Quadzilla is 6’ 240+ pounds of not about to budge, who will positively WILT under her attention.

This is a girl, after all, who severely sprained her finger in the first inning of the first game of a five GAME weekend. In which she caught every single pitch. And threw down three girls trying to steal second.
    And hit a monster triple.
    Oh. Her finger was sprained by being bent by the cleat of a girl sliding into home plate while Daughter was attempting to catch a throw and apply a tag.
    She cried until coach called the other catcher, then she jumped up, tried twice, unsuccessfully, to throw, and then in the third attempt darted a ball to second from her knees so hard it was mishandled. (Oh, yeah. She’s 5’ 10”, so she has the size and strength to throw from her knees m which saves precious time transitioning to the feet after a pitch. Softball,is only 60 feet between bases, after all...)

Game on.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. She did NOT hit him hard, either. Just a short, sharp jab, right on the nose tip. I think the control scared him more than anything...

You can wear the hat, I'm not one to judge.
    I donít wear any hats.

Nice of you to try your whack insult game, though.

And, you do judge. Remember when you called me a creep? I do.

Peace,
    Robert

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Where is Dukakus when you need him?

The ugliness of Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...nl_most&wpmm=1

Trump’s hijacking of the Fourth of July just got a lot uglier

By Greg Sargent
    Opinion writer

The authoritarian nationalist leader typically rewrites the story of the nation in his own image, in a very particular way. Our own homegrown authoritarian nationalist has proved particularly devoted to this fusion of national mythmaking and self-hagiography, often delivered in his own unique language of crass, gaudy spectacle.

The historians tell us that this is what authoritarian nationalists do. As Harvard’s Jill Lepore puts it, they replace history with tried-and-true fictions — false tales of national decline at the hands of invented threats, melded to fictitious stories of renewed national greatness, engineered by the leader himself, who is both author of the fiction and its mythic hero.
    It may be, as Jonathan Chait suggests, that Trump does not know why he hates liberal democracy — only that he senses that it is incompatible with the value he places on domination and hierarchy.

It may also be that Trump has not given much thought to the Declaration of Independence, or to what Abraham Lincoln — whose memorial will become Trump’s stage — said about Thomas Jefferson’s words in it in a letter in 1859:

All honor to Jefferson -- to the man who, in the concrete pressure of a struggle for national independence by a single people, had the coolness, forecast, and capacity to introduce into a merely revolutionary document, an abstract truth, applicable to all men and all times, and so to embalm it there, that to-day, and in all coming days, it shall be a rebuke and a stumbling-block to the very harbingers of re-appearing tyranny and oppression.

That “abstract truth” from Jefferson was seen at the time as an afterthought amid the immediate political grievances of the moment. But it is what endured, and it is a big reason we celebrate the Fourth of July today.

Nobody, to be sure, has a monopoly on the meaning of America and its history. That is a big reason we celebrate the Fourth of July today as well.

Trump will read aloud some words of his own about Jefferson and Lincoln that were written for him to create the impression that he grasps these things. But the celebration itself will reveal that he very much does not.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    P.S. She did NOT hit him hard, either. Just a short, sharp jab, right on the nose tip. I think the control scared him more than anything...
    I always counseled my youngest (who in our great family tradition got his growth spurt late) to smack a bully hard in the nose, and allow the eruption of blood deter future bullying. While he never had to (a "block" that bruised a guy's wrist was enough), it's still a fine tactic. Suggest to April to lean into her jab a little further, if there's a next time.