Thread: Rejoice!

Default Rejoice!

Stopped at Lowe's today looking for a couple things, didn't expect to find this isle of red!

I remember my dad talking about Craftsman and I know many of the old-timers feel the loss... Although it is highly doubtful the new will have no questions asked policy ..

I was never partial to this line of tools but they're okay I guess.
    Last edited by DeniseO30; 07-08-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30, Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River. my current project; http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...0-Ducker-Resto

Default Re: Rejoice!

I've always been a fan of Craftsman tools, having grown up using my dad's. When I was about 21 or 22, the pawl in his 1/2" ratchet socket wrench worn out, and he took it to our local Sears store and they gave him a free replacement. He had had that wrench (part of a complete set) since before I was born, and I know that it got plenty of use!
    I assumed ownership of it when he passed, and fully intend to pas it on to my son (eventually)! I do agree that I doubt the current items are of the same quality, or come with the same replacement guarantee. "Times, they are a changin' "!

Craftsman brand now owned by Stanley Black and Decker. https://www.craftsman.com/customer-c...ty-information

Seems like a last-ditch effort to cash in on baby boomers, I don't think it's going to work

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30, Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River. my current project; http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...0-Ducker-Resto

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseO30 View Post
    I remember my dad talking about Craftsman and I know many of the old-timers feel the loss... Although it is highly doubtful the new will have no questions asked policy ..
    They should have been mourning about 10 years back, that's when I noticed that nothing in the store had a lifetime warranty any more, it was all 1 year here, 3 years there, they were quietly honoring it on the old stuff, but it was all lowest bidder crap like anywhere else already then.
    2019: returning from being sidelined with medical probs, crossing fingers worst is over, still in "armchair enthusiast" mode for time being.

I don't know about the quality but I know you didn't check the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    I don't know about the quality but I know you didn't check the link.
    For they that don't click. BTW I was wrong about mech tools)
    "
    WARRANTY DETAILS

VIEW ALL WARRANTIES

HAND TOOLS & MECHANIC TOOLS

HAND TOOLS

Hammers & Demolition Tools

Finishing Tools

Hex Key

Knives & Multi-tools

Nut Drivers

Pliers

Rachets & Sockets

Screwdrivers

Wrenches & Wrench Sets

Full Lifetime Warranty

If the product fails to perform for any reason, we will replace it. Return damaged product to a stocking Retail Partner or call*1-888-331-4569*for details. No proof of purchase required.

Note: Same Warranty for all New CRAFTSMAN Models (Model # starting with “CMHT&rdquo and older models (Model # starting with “9&rdquo

Certain Exclusions: Warranty does not cover expendable parts which can wear from normal use (i.e. blade in a knife)"

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk