Thread: Some scooters for Joe.

Default Some scooters for Joe.

I know hes into scooters and for some strange reason I really like these. Some incredible fabrication work.

Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Default Re: Some scooters for Joe.

Mood music

Ill-handling pieces of ****e... but, it keeps the lads occupied.

I had a nice ride yesterday and we encountered two local lads - they were on a Vespa and we were on a tight mountain road. I've just downloaded my videos - I'll try and find them in it. Of course, the pillion was carrying their helmets... they being too cool to wear them. I got a big thumbs up when I waved them past. I'd just pulled a rather nice wheelie, overtaking a truck... The rider was very smooth... rarely on the brakes but far too often on the wrong side of the road on tight, blind corners.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

'Round here I see a lot of these
    Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

Here you go Joe - I waved some guys on a Vespa through and followed them for a few kilometers. About thirty seconds in, the Duke got the front wheel up nicely when I wound the power on to pass the truck.

As a matter of interest... we went back about 4 hours later, to collect a bike with a flat. We were in a truck the same size as the one at the start of the video... and it was pissing down rain. The road was slippery enough that I had to select 4 wheel drive, as we were sliding under power up the hills. A girl on a scooter overtook us as another truck went the other direction. She can't have had an inch clearance on either side. Bloody idiot.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Ill-handling pieces of ****e... but, it keeps the lads occupied.

I had a nice ride yesterday and we encountered two local lads - they were on a Vespa and we were on a tight mountain road. I've just downloaded my videos - I'll try and find them in it. Of course, the pillion was carrying their helmets... they being too cool to wear them. I got a big thumbs up when I waved them past. I'd just pulled a rather nice wheelie, overtaking a truck... The rider was very smooth... rarely on the brakes but far too often on the wrong side of the road on tight, blind corners.
    About 38 years ago, when a bunch of us ten foot tall and bulletproof teenagers all had Vespa's (I've posted the pic here before), it was de rigueur to have road rash on the bottom edge of the muffler on the left side, and the underside of the gearbox shift cable housing on the right - mostly on the cheapest, nastiest Cheng Shin tyres, because that was all we could afford. If the corner was a bit bumpy, or you were really trying hard, you could also get the running boards to eat tarmac, right at the front where they start to turn up. I wouldn't have the cojones to try that now, but they are surprisingly chuckable if you are incapable of considering the possibility that you might fall off .
    Bet those low riders have a turning circle bigger than a bus! Lots of creativity on display though.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    'Round here I see a lot of these
    Just sign this gronicle indemnity form son, and you can ride your new scoot away.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

BF that reminds me of one of my favorite roads in North GA.

Not my video btw.

Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!