Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: favorite stove

Default Re: favorite stove

We’ve used one of these (or an older version) for the 16 years we’ve had this boat. We have a second one if we ever need two burners but almost never do. I am amazed at the meals she can turn out with this, especially with her pressure cooker. And these things are really quick for boiling a little water for coffee or tea. I buy the fuel canisters at a restaurant supply store for about $1.25/ea. and store them in a dry bin on deck. The fuel is butane.

E6373D25-AD02-4D21-B230-CFFFDFD1E42E.jpg
    Last edited by ron ll; 07-02-2019 at 12:50 PM.

That Iwata is a nice looking stove. That Shipmate Stove is the same as ours. Did you buy it? That is a very very good stove! We went so far as to enamel ours dark/Brittish racing green. The oven is done in speckled sparrows egg cream with brown specks. The sea rails are polished brass with nickle plated brackets. Kind of looks a bit better than the old black iron. We even have a little biscuit pan that fits in the oven. We love that stove!
    Jay and Annie too
    Last edited by Jay Greer; 07-02-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Yes, we bought that at Fisheries. We love it. The canisters last quite a while, only slight problem is you need to be sure you have a full enough canister when you start something critical, like the pressure cooker. All stoves have their dangers. We are very careful to keep it away from the bulkhead and make sure the hatch above it is open. We also disconnect the canister as soon as we turn it off. (It just snaps away from a magnetic holder.) Then I watch for any rust around the base of stored canisters.

oops, I now see you where addressing the Shipmate stove.

I've got that exact stove sitting in my shop waiting for when I build a shanty boat. Would you mind looking up the asking price Steven? No, I'm not even considering selling it, just curious.

I think they were asking $850, Gib. Probably not a bad price. You don’t see one of those every day.

That's good to hear. I got mine for 300 CDN.