Thread: Do you think the Fed Reserve should cut interest rates?

Default Do you think the Fed Reserve should cut interest rates?

Lots of talk about the Fed cutting interest rates in the near future.

The US Economy is doing well and there are no signs of a recession anytime soon.
    GDP is strong, unemployment rate is low, wages are increasing and inflation is low.

At this time I think the Fed should not cut interest rates.
    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man canít do." Captain Jack Sparrow

Default Re: Do you think the Fed Reserve should cut interest rates?

It appears you have drifted off script.

BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 24, 2019 / 8:48 AM

Trump says Fed 'blew it': Twitter

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump again criticized the Federal Reserve on Monday for not cutting interest rates, keeping up his pressure on the central bank to change its policies.

“Despite a Federal Reserve that doesn’t know what it is doing - raised rates far to fast (very low inflation, other parts of world slowing, lowering & easing) & did large scale tightening, $50 Billion/month, we are on course to have one of the best Months of June in U.S. history,” he wrote on Twitter.

“Think of what it could have been if the Fed had gotten it right. Thousands of points higher on the Dow, and GDP in the 4’s or even 5’s. Now they stick, like a stubborn child, when we need rates cuts, & easing, to make up for what other countries are doing against us. Blew it!”

The U.S. president has repeatedly accused the Federal Reserve led by Chairman Jerome Powell of undermining his administration’s efforts to boost economic growth and has repeatedly demanded that rates be cut.

The U.S. Federal Reserve last Wednesday signaled interest rate cuts beginning as early as July, saying it is ready to battle growing global and domestic economic risks as it took stock of rising trade tensions and growing concerns about weak inflation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KCN1TP1K4?il=0
    "Trump's authoritarianism is a feature not a bug." -- Sky Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Thank you for pointing out the President Trump wants the Fed to drop interest rates.
    Not a surprise, all Presidents want lower interest rates.

I think at this time the Fed does not need to drop interest rates.
    What do you think?
    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man canít do." Captain Jack Sparrow

you act like geng is some sort of unthinking right wing bot
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by genglandoh View Post
    The US Economy is doing well and there are no signs of a recession anytime soon.
    There are plenty of signs... you just choose to ignore them.

At this time I think the Fed should not cut interest rates.
    Your fearless leader thinks they should... anything that pumps up another sugar high in time for his re-election is something he's decidedly in favor of.

*sigh* Those who choose to ignore the lessons of the past, are doomed to repeat them.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless
    you act like geng is some sort of unthinking right wing bot
    Well, Trump tweeted only 20 minutes prior to genglandoh posting this thread. I think it is fair to give the gengster 24 hours to catch up on the latest talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    There are plenty of signs... you just choose to ignore them.

Your fearless leader thinks they should... anything that pumps up another sugar high in time for his re-election is something he's decidedly in favor of.

*sigh* Those who choose to ignore the lessons of the past, are doomed to repeat them.

Do you think the Fed should cut interest rates?
    Your post does not make it clear.

Well, Trump tweeted only 20 minutes prior to genglandoh posting this thread. I think it is fair to give the gengster 24 hours to catch up on the latest talking points.
    President Trump has been saying for months that he wants the Fed to cut interest rates.
    I just do not agree.

What do you think?

Do you think the Fed should cut interest rates?
    No. Absolutely not... but not because I'm any kind of genius when it comes to economics. I prefer that they don't cut interest rates because valuations in the market are already too high, and this is the sort of thing that CAN precipitate a correction, at the very least... or a recession, at the worst.

I should point out that my own portfolios have seen huge gains in the last several months. Do I like that?

NO. A too-rapid rise sets up the conditions for an even deeper fall. If Trump wasn't an idiot, he'd know that, and be more cautious.

But he IS an idiot... the least intelligent, least informed President in US History.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

I think the Fed is cutting itself, and that’s why it won’t wear short sleeved shirts.

Okay, really, I think the Fed will continue to do what’s best for the Fed, as they’ve always done. It is, after all, nothing more than some banks owned by bankers...

How sweet is that deal, by the by? Banks that get to valuate money and write the regulations for banks? Cha-Ching!

Peace,
    Robert

What do I think?

I think Trump should butt out.

A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man. My feature suggests an excellent side kick of good index.

The statement of wealth appears to be exaggerated by a factor of 250.

Hyperbole is one thing i.e. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally, but this appears to be beyond excessive exaggeration ....

Investopedia highlights not only the historical context of the Rothschild Family but the reported current holdings of $2 trillion in assets today. According to some, the estimates sit around a net worth of more than $350 billion when family members' wealth is combined.
    I live and drink rum where other people vacation.

Do you think the Fed is reading this thread?

Title: Fed pushes back on aggressive U.S. rate cut views
    Federal Reserve officials on Tuesday pushed back on market expectations and presidential pressure for the central bank to deliver a significant U.S. interest rate cut of half a percentage point as soon as its next meeting.
    Link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1TQ2A4