Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dutchman or graving piece?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Lindstrom, MN

    Default Dutchman or graving piece?

    Most Dutchmen I have seen were curved or tapered patches similar to a scarf joint. I have also seen square shouldered partial thickness repairs referred to as graving pieces. A quick Google search indicates that the terms are interchangeable. Is there a difference?

    I might as well throw in a link to a repair that introduced me to the offset router for this type of repair in tight places. It is essentially a second collet that is mechanically geared to the primary collet, but offset to the edge of the baseplate so you can rout as close as 1/2 inch to an obstruction. Makita

    Bosch review
    Last edited by MN Dave; 06-18-2019 at 08:53 AM. Reason: pictures

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts