Thread: Black Widow by Pettit

Default Black Widow by Pettit

5D4C922C-D318-44DB-8B70-424D3554DDDC.png

6181137D-9074-41C3-8E32-F86EBFDFC758.jpg

We applied Black Widow to the 1D35. The finish is amazing. Performance wise, it should be great. The bottom was sprayed verses rolled.

Here pettit recommends rolling with 1/8 at least twice.

I am considering using it on my wooden boat when I haul out in a few weeks. I would to apply 2 to 3 coats with burnishing.

anyone have experience with the paint on their hulls which sit year around in water?

Default Black Widow by Pettit

I've been using it for three years. The fouling performance is good, for my profile, which is a planing powerboat hull used several times per week over an 8 month season.

I burnished it as well, though I started using it after I stripped the hull of years of old antifoul, faired the bottom, sealed it with epoxy and applied Black Widow. I have noticed about a 5 percent decrease in fuel burn, though I suspect that may be the sum of the bottom job, not just the burnished paint.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Default Re: Black Widow by Pettit

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    I've been using it for three years. The fouling performance is good, for my profile, which is a planing powerboat hull used several times per week over an 8 month season.

I burnished it as well, though I started using it after I stripped the hull of years of old antifoul, faired the bottom, sealed it with epoxy and applied Black Widow. I have noticed about a 5 percent decrease in fuel burn, though I suspect that may be the sum of the bottom job, not just the burnished paint.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks Kevin. that sounds promising. The paint runs higher than average. I was thinking of adding a little additional copper oxide which some may frown upon. I haul out every 2 years. three coats would give me enough to spread the cost over time. The burnished part is quite intriguing as the compound makes it shiny.

I have a cup of the BW paint to test as I work towards the haul out next month.