Thread: Salish 100 Tow Vehicle Shuttle

Default Salish 100 Tow Vehicle Shuttle

Claire Acord is gonna try to charter a bus to get Salish 100 voyagers back to Olympia after dropping their tow vehicles in Port Townsend. Though some of us will be arriving in Olympia earlier it makes sense to do the shuttling Friday.

If you are gonna need a ride back to Olympia Please let me know, here or by personal email, soon. It feels like the voyage begins almost tomorrow! ;o) We need to know how big of a bus to get.

Everyone will be expected to chip in to pay for the charter. More details on that, and the rest, as they become available.

jkohnen@boat-links.com

Default Re: Salish 100 Tow Vehicle Shuttle

Claire tried, but there's just no way to get a bus on such short notice. But let's use this space to try to connect voyagers with rides.

I guess there's something going on about this on the Pocket Yachters F******k page, but I won't go there...

Got a seven passenger van volunteered to shuttle people back to Olympia:

"I have a 7 person passenger van. I don’t have a boat ready but I’m looking at driving the S100. I’ll be available to shuttle persons. Feel free to include me on future rides conversations."

Yep, I need to get a ride back to Olympia somehow!
    Not sure where to park in Port Townsend either...

I am flexible as to schedule and will of course help pay for gas.

Thanks!

Send me an email and I'll connect you with people who've offered rides.

jkohnen@boat-links.com

I'm gonna park my tow rig at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Etdbob View Post
    Yep, I need to get a ride back to Olympia somehow!
    Not sure where to park in Port Townsend either...

I am flexible as to schedule and will of course help pay for gas.

Thanks!

Thanks to Ben S for finding this on F******k:

Posted by Marty, June 11 at 9:39 AM

"FREE TRAILER PARKING IN PORT TOWNSEND - Earlier in this space, Salish 100 cruiser Lawrence Winiarski mentioned that the Port Townsend School District had offered use of the large parking lot at Blue Heron Middle School in PT. I've been corresponding with the school district's Facilities and Maintenance person, Debi Munro, and we can double-confirm that all Salish 100 participants who wish to shuttle their empty boat trailers and tow rigs up to Port Townsend after launching bo...ats in Olympia, can park all week for free at Blue Heron Middle School, at 3939 San Juan Avenue, Port Townsend 98368. NOTE: Blue Heron is NOT within walking distance of the PT waterfront, so boaters will need to take a Jefferson Transit bus from the main bus stop next to the Safeway store to the North Beach area...passing right by the middle school. (More details to follow on the exact bus route.)"

That's near the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, and on the #2 Ft. Worden bus line:

https://goo.gl/maps/eyEDVQBTPj8pi7na7

https://jeffersontransit.com/wp-cont...rden-Route.png