Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Nazis protested a Holocaust remembrance event last month in Arkansas

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Default American Nazis protested a Holocaust remembrance event last month in Arkansas

(CNN)For the past five years, Joyce Griffis and Congregation Chaim B'Derech have held a Holocaust March for Remembrance in Russellville, Arkansas. It's always been solemn and peaceful.
    This year's march was supposed to be like all the others; attendees would march down Main Street, listen to speeches and offer prayers to commemorate and remember the 6 million Jews murdered by the Nazis during World War II.
    Except white supremacists showed up holding Nazi flags, marching down an otherwise deserted sidewalk and signs that read, "The Holocaust didn't happen but it should have," while screaming references to Holocaust victims as "your imaginary 6 million."
    The white supremacists carried crosses -- at least one was stained red -- alongside a picture of Jesus.
    About 10 to 15 protesters tried to disrupt the event; they were outnumbered by the roughly 50 people attending the Holocaust Remembrance march.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/11/us/am...rnd/index.html

Default Re: American Nazis protested a Holocaust remembrance event last month in Arkansas

I'm the Antifa !
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Default Re: American Nazis protested a Holocaust remembrance event last month in Arkansas

Undoubtedly some nice people in both groups.
    Tom L

why are Nazis still a thing?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lathrop View Post
    There is no place for Nazis.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    I don't know. I'm in favor of finishing the job that my father's generation started in getting rid of them.

It would not have been allowed in Germany.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Th Bund was very strong in the US prior to Japan precipitating it's entry to WW2. The Nazi supporters just went underground and shut up for a generation, their ideological decedents have surfaced under donald because of Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    It would not have been allowed in Germany.
    Nor the UK.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I am mystified as well.

Partly those that regard themselves as 'the left behind' or are so inadequate even they don't like themselves, and partly those who see it as a way of gaining power over others and disrupting the lives of the ones they have no power over.
    Likely a degree of mental problems amongst them. The Nazi thing is a convenient and recognisable label. The real Nazi's had to deal with their own goon squads lest the movement's instigators lose control.
    Look up the Night of the Long Knives.

Bad parenting, dissatisfaction with poor life choices, need for someone else to feel superior to, fear of "the other", poor thinking skills.

Basically being totally inadequate.

That sounds like a description of someone prominent whose name appears in the bilge quite often PM………………………..

^ ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lathrop View Post

They are kind of like the idiot Flat Earthers except they are evil and dangerous
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

I know a couple of 'flat earth' members. For them it's a joke, something so ridiculous they just had to join.

Rather like political satire these days, the reality is a much better script.

If you dress like a nazi and play nazi, you will be beaten down.

No more nazis.

Ever.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Nor the UK.
    Are you forgetting about the royal kinder at a party with their Nazis symbols in full display?
    Tom L

looks like 4 mentally ill people. i'd hold off on operation overlord for a little bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    looks like 4 mentally ill people. i'd hold off on operation overlord for a little bit longer.
    Nope.

The KKK tried to do a rally in the free speech area of my college campus, once.

They found themselves surrounded by thousands of cats who didn’t want to hear their crap.

This is what hateful bigots deserve.

To be shouted down and instructed, in no uncertain terms, what we, the world, does to Nazis. There is no question about it.
    No. More. Nazis.

Ever.

None more.

None.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Nope.

The KKK tried to do a rally in the free speech area of my college campus, once.

They found themselves surrounded by thousands of cats who didn’t want to hear their crap.

This is what hateful bigots deserve.

To be shouted down and instructed, in no uncertain terms, what we, the world, does to Nazis. There is no question about it.
    No. More. Nazis.

Ever.

None more.

None.

Peace,
    Robert

nazis bad. yeah, we all get it rob. i just don't think these people are on the same level as nazis. they seem more like mental patients that need help and less like real nazis that need to be murdered.

nazis bad. yeah, we all get it rob. i just don't think these people are on the same level as nazis. they seem more like mental patients that need help and less like real nazis that need to be murdered.
    Who said murder?

You go stand in front of that wall with more than 4,400 stars on it, and tell me you’ll abide Nazis, of any stripe. Or even twerps who think it’s keen to dress up like hateful monsters. Mind, those stars only represent American military deaths in that great debacle.

Who would want to emulate such atrocities?

Who would want to pretend to be a person bent on wiping out a perceived “race”.

Who is stupid enough to still believe in races? What an asinine concept.

Peace,
    Robert

And where would you find the equivalents to Eichmann, Hess, and Goebbels? To say nothing of the rank-and-file Nazi officers and bureaucrats who bought into the administration while maybe having some unease with specific bits of Hitler's program they felt to be immoral, because they supported a strong Fatherland that wouldn't get pushed around anymore?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    And where would you find the equivalents to Eichmann, Hess, and Goebbels? To say nothing of the rank-and-file Nazi officers and bureaucrats who bought into the administration while maybe having some unease with specific bits of Hitler's program they felt to be immoral, because they supported a strong Fatherland that wouldn't get pushed around anymore?
    In the original test group, with all the rest.

I can’t hold them to the same standards I hold their descendants to, now can I? Easy to say what they should or could have done then, yeah?

But, now? There is NO excuse, now. None.

Nobody alive today is under ANY illusions as to what a Nazi is, and what that costume represents.

Oh, and nationalism is only slightly more stupid than race. Idiotic notions used to force masses to clash. “There! Those guys, with the rabbit flag! Go kill them! They want to take my land. Our. OUR land...”

Peace,
    As If The Earth Belongs To ANYone

Those who identify with Nazi philosophy suffer from very low self-esteem. There's a psychological screw loose that, with luck and persistence, might be tightened somewhat with therapy. They need to be convinced that therapy is needed.

...oh, and nationalism is only slightly more stupid than race. Idiotic notions used to force masses to clash. “there! Those guys, with the duck flag! Go kill them! ...
    ftfy.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Who said murder?

You go stand in front of that wall with more than 4,400 stars on it, and tell me you’ll abide Nazis, of any stripe. Or even twerps who think it’s keen to dress up like hateful monsters. Mind, those stars only represent American military deaths in that great debacle.

Who would want to emulate such atrocities?

Who would want to pretend to be a person bent on wiping out a perceived “race”.

Who is stupid enough to still believe in races? What an asinine concept.

Peace,
    Robert

right, who would be that stupid? brainwashed kids and mental patients. that's who. i feel sorry for those people that have locked themselves up in their hate prisons.

i prefer how mr davis approaches the situation

ftfy.
    I KNEW it.

Get him. He’s one of THEM!

Peace,
    Rabbits Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by old pathologist View Post
    Those who identify with Nazi philosophy suffer from very low self-esteem. There's a psychological screw loose that, with luck and persistence, might be tightened somewhat with therapy. They need to be convinced that therapy is needed.

i can agree with that. therapy would be better than physical confrontations that only bolster their wrong-think

right, who would be that stupid? brainwashed kids and mental patients. that's who. i feel sorry for those people that have locked themselves up in their hate prisons.

i prefer how mr davis approaches the situation

Your trite, coy, disingenuous deal don’t work on me.

You do me disservice by being dishonest.

Sorry I tried to be real with you.

Again.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. You posting this video, as if it would educate me somehow, proves you don’t have a clue who you’re talking to.

right, who would be that stupid? brainwashed kids and mental patients. that's who.
    Have you listened to POTUS recently, or Miller the Trump Whisperer? Have you listened to Boris Johnson, or Farage, or Ortan, or LePen, or Dutuerte, or ... How about the people who are their "surrogates" on TV? The "stupid" has changed its branding so that only the "brainwashed kids and mental patient" re-enactors wear the old regalia, but the themes are distressingly current. Really.

i don't know why you would think i'm disingenuous just bc i don't think beating up "nazis" is better than talking to them and bringing them back into the rest of society.

i don't know why you would think i'm disingenuous just bc i don't think beating up "nazis" is better than talking to them and bringing them back into the rest of society.
    Right.

Peace,
    Robert

Have you listened to POTUS recently, or Miller the Trump Whisperer? Have you listened to Boris Johnson, or Farage, or Ortan, or LePen, or Dutuerte, or ... How about the people who are their "surrogates" on TV? The "stupid" has changed its branding so that only the "brainwashed kids and mental patient" re-enactors wear the old regalia, but the themes are distressingly current. Really.
    Treat the disease, then the symptoms will fade away.
    You cannot force people to go into therapy, they have got to volunteer. How likely would that be?

Or do you know that and are deflecting?

If the world turns upside down, these loosers will be on top, they think.