Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “If President Obama ...”

Default “If President Obama ...”

Line up enough monkeys on keyboards and this could come out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...12485769863168

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    If President Obama made the deals that I have made, both at the Border and for the Economy, the Corrupt Media would be hailing them as Incredible, & a National Holiday would be immediately declared. With me, despite our record setting Economy and all that I have done, no credit!
    9:26 AM · Jun 9, 2019 ·

Default Re: “If President Obama ...”

Poor Donny Two Scoops. He gets no respect. No love.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Awwwwwwww, poor widdle Donny.

What a pitiful excuse for a man.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Darn that Obama, and darn those corrupt mediums! Oh and Bette Midler.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pinions&wpmm=1

Maybe Trump will get lucky and these bombs will defuse themselves. Maduro may finally be ousted by his generals or eased out by Latin American and European diplomats. Rather than trigger a crisis, Iran and North Korea may decide to wait to see if Trump loses his reelection bid.

What surely won’t happen is the realization of Trump’s far-reaching aims through his formula of bluster, bully and forget. Tackling problems as tough as North Korea and Iran, or even Venezuela and the Mexican border, requires a complex strategy and a patient approach. This president is capable of neither.

Trump is a mentally sick man.
    "Trump's authoritarianism is a feature not a bug." -- Sky Blue

Best response to the Twit's Tweet:

I just heated up your bottle. I just want it to cool off and then it’ll be ready! Hang in there!!
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

His narcissism is stunning. If Obama had done any of what Trump has done he never would have been elected or re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    ......... or re-elected.
    From your mouth to Gods ear.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

His narcissism is stunning. If Obama had done any of what Trump has done he never would have been elected or re-elected.
    Yea. But Trump's chances of a second term are not looking as bad as they should.
    Life is complex.

True. Which proves P.T. Barnum correct.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

One day, we’ll realize that finding a way to work together is better than finding all the faults with everyone else.

Until then, we’ll have politicians like this. And the Dancing Queen. And etc...

Peace,
    Robert

Young and sweet, only seventeen.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Blame the lying press.
    Blame Obama.
    Blame everyone.
    It's never Donald's fault that no-one recognises him as a genius.

Poor likkle chappie.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time
    Yea. But Trump's chances of a second term are not looking as bad as they should.
    H.L. Mencken predicted as much in 1920: "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    "Trump's authoritarianism is a feature not a bug." -- Sky Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    H.L. Mencken predicted as much in 1920: "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    quoted for truth
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Line up enough monkeys on keyboards and this could come out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...12485769863168

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    If President Obama made the deals that I have made, both at the Border and for the Economy, the Corrupt Media would be hailing them as Incredible, & a National Holiday would be immediately declared. With me, despite our record setting Economy and all that I have done, no credit!
    9:26 AM · Jun 9, 2019 ·
    Translation,

If Obama had NOT been such a great President then a nitwit like me wouldn't look so bad.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    One day, we’ll realize that finding a way to work together is better than finding all the faults with everyone else.

Until then, we’ll have politicians like this. And the Dancing Queen. And etc...

Peace,
    Robert
    We're in this predicament because instead of ridiculing the ridiculous (aka religious) right, people said 'we need to respect their beliefs and work with them'. No. We should have laughed them out of the freaking room.

from one who knew..

It’s hard to quarrel with that ancient justification of the free press: “America’s right to know.” It seems almost cruel to ask, ingenuously, ”America’s right to know what, please? Science? Mathematics? Economics? Foreign languages?”

None of those things, of course. In fact, one might well suppose that the popular feeling is that Americans are a lot better off without any of that tripe.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

- Isaac Asimov

Working with McCarthy simply made the problem worse.. it wasn't until someone had the guts to stand and say "Have you no decency?" that it stopped.

Of the ridiculous right I ask "Have you no decency?" The answer, a resounding 'No' - so the situation will continue until it is stopped, and as you can't prevail on what doesn't exist, only force will stop them.

But there is no possibility of 'working with' - esp, but not solely - insane fundamentalist dogma, which is what has created/enabled 'politicians like this'.

Cool Re: “If President Obama ...”

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    We're in this predicament because instead of ridiculing the ridiculous (aka religious) right, people said 'we need to respect their beliefs and work with them'. No. We should have laughed them out of the freaking room.

from one who knew..

It’s hard to quarrel with that ancient justification of the free press: “America’s right to know.” It seems almost cruel to ask, ingenuously, ”America’s right to know what, please? Science? Mathematics? Economics? Foreign languages?”

None of those things, of course. In fact, one might well suppose that the popular feeling is that Americans are a lot better off without any of that tripe.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

- Isaac Asimov

Working with McCarthy simply made the problem worse.. it wasn't until someone had the guts to stand and say "Have you no decency?" that it stopped.

Of the ridiculous right I ask "Have you no decency?" The answer, a resounding 'No' - so the situation will continue until it is stopped, and as you can't prevail on what doesn't exist, only force will stop them.

But there is no possibility of 'working with' - esp, but not solely - insane fundamentalist dogma, which is what has created/enabled 'politicians like this'.
    Nobody’s dogma affects me. It’s all tripe.

I don’t mean Trump when I say politicians, and I don’t think there’s any other side.

There are humans. Period.

People can’t know what they don’t know.

For example, do you kick a bad dog? Or, rather, do you make concessions for what is obviously a good animal with questionable rearing?

Almost all “bad dogs” can be saved with love.

Peace,
    Robert

Yep. With a stern warning.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Nobody’s dogma affects me.
    Tell it to the guys in the cemeteries at Normandy. Tell it to the ashes at Auschwitz. Are you a pacifist?

Game was scarce down that way then, and some gentlemen amused themselves by shooting negroes. I stopped this sport and they did not love me.

-- General Phillip Sheridan, Military Governor of Louisiana and Texas
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

On his BEST day he wouldn't amount to a pimple on Obama's butt. That goes double for what's her name and Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Tell it to the guys in the cemeteries at Normandy. Tell it to the ashes at Auschwitz. Are you a pacifist?
    This reads hostile and insulting.

Maybe be sure about that, Fella.

You have COMPLETELY misread me.

Peace,
    Emperor For Life

This reads hostile and insulting.

Maybe be sure about that, Fella.

You have COMPLETELY misread me.

Peace,
    Emperor For Life
    You say other peoples' dogma doesn't affect you. That's a pretty clear statement. If you want to qualify it, fine.

Almost all “bad dogs” can be saved with love.
    Dogs are more admirable than all too many humans.

And 'other peoples dogmas' create the laws that effect your life.. your wife's life.. your daughter's life..

You say other peoples' dogma doesn't affect you. That's a pretty clear statement. If you want to qualify it, fine.
    We were discussing partisan politics in this country and the discussions thereof, right?

Then you come at me, trying to question my values?

You had better stop insulting me, Cat. I don’t play around. I’m nice by choice, but if don’t you DARE question my fealty values, or morals.

Do you understand me? Be respectful, as I am.

You don’t know me. At all.

Peace,
    Robert

Dogs are more admirable than all too many humans.

And 'other peoples dogmas' create the laws that effect your life.. your wife's life.. your daughter's life..
    Don’t, ever, once, for any reason, mention my family.

That is a problem.

Peace,
    Robert

I'm not insulting you.

I'm not insulting you.
    Nope, just questioning my values without bothering to get to know me.

Where I come from, that’s rude.

Peace,
    Robert

Don’t, ever, once, for any reason, mention my family.
    By name, or otherwise specifically, I don't plan to - however, as fellow citizens of my country, they are real people - and you are avoiding the subject. 'Other peoples dogmas', esp those of the ridiculous right, currently are detrimentally affecting them - as much as my sisters/nieces - and had I a wife and daughter - they too. It had crossed my mind you might care more about them than about points on me. My apologies.

Wait! Aren't you the guy who just said "This reads hostile and insulting."? Me thinks a mirror may be a necessary accessory to buy.

By name, or otherwise specifically, I don't plan to - however, as fellow citizens of my country, they are real people - and you are avoiding the subject. 'Other peoples dogmas', esp those of the ridiculous right, currently are detrimentally affecting them - as much as my sisters/nieces - and had I a wife and daughter - they too. It had crossed my mind you might care more about them than about points on me. My apologies.

Wait! Aren't you the guy who just said "This reads hostile and insulting."? Me thinks a mirror may be a necessary accessory to buy.
    Nope.

You tried to score points, by mentioning my family and indicating they may be in harm’s way.

You should probably be more careful with reading, if you want to pretend at this. I’m not avoiding a thing.

Nobody’s dogma affects me. Nobody’s. If you knew me, you’d know that.

People’s actions? Sure. Those may effect me.

Crushing dogma is my mission. All of it is foolish.

Peace,
    Robert

Nobody’s dogma affects me. Nobody’s. If you knew me, you’d know that.

People’s actions? Sure. Those may effect me.
    People's dogmas affect every moment of your life, because their actions are the product of their dogmas.

People's dogmas affect every moment of your life, because their actions are the product of their dogmas.
    They may effect me, then.

More to the point, I endeavor to see the person, not the training, indoctrination, or inclination.

I understand that humans can be complex and as relative and variable as the entirety of existence. I treat them as such, and take them on a case by case basis, getting to know a bit of expository information before I decide someone is something.

We all have our things, after all. And, nobody here is speaking to some vague, general audience. We are speaking to each other, and as such are either preaching to the choir, or screaming at a wall.

Peace,
    Robert

More to the point, I endeavor to see the person, not the training, indoctrination, or inclination.
    You come around a corner, take one through the skull and your head is gone from your shoulders. If you saw something, it no longer matters.

Did the people in the WTC get a chance to "see the person"?

This is why I ask you if you're a pacifist. If you are, that's one thing. If not, you accept a duty to resist the common foe. You have to get real about defense. You have to be ready to hurt the mofo's. How do we know who that is? To a large extent, by their dogma.

You come around a corner, take one through the skull and your head is gone from your shoulders. If you saw something, it no longer matters.

Did the people in the WTC get a chance to "see the person"?

This is why I ask you if you're a pacifist. If you are, that's one thing. If not, you accept a duty to resist the common foe. You have to get real about defense. You have to be ready to hurt the mofo's. How do we know who that is? To a large extent, by their dogma.
    Funny.

It is precisely a young man I helped raise having most of his face removed by a cowardly idiot with a pistol who wanted an iPhone that spurred me to advocacy.

Which, again, is NOT running my keyboard, here, pretending to be tough, and treading the lines of threat and insults.

The internet game is stupid and boring.

Peace,
    Robert