Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Republicans Against the Constitution

Default Re: Republicans Against the Constitution

The constitutional right of free speech is defined in the First Amendment, as follows (emphasis added):

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    So let us say, for the sake of argument, that Facebook decides any criticism of Mr Trump will be immediately deleted. How exactly does this violate your constitutional rights? Please be specific. Remember that no one is requiring that you use Facebook, and there will be plenty of other places on the internet where you can criticize him as much as you please, or you could start your own.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Rushing started at Williams & Connolly, made partner in 6 years which included time away doing her other work. That is pretty impressive. At 37, how she was able to get the 4th Circuit Federal Judgeship is equally impressive. She did that while being pregnant and giving birth in 2017. Rushing truly has friends in high places and possesses some real strengths.
    And Roger Taney became Chief Justice. P on him and especially on his friends in high places.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    The constitutional right of free speech is defined in the First Amendment, as follows (emphasis added):

So let us say, for the sake of argument, that Facebook decides any criticism of Mr Trump will be immediately deleted. How exactly does this violate your constitutional rights? Please be specific. Remember that no one is requiring that you use Facebook, and there will be plenty of other places on the internet where you can criticize him as much as you please, or you could start your own.

when facebook and google become the public square of discussion and a public utility. would you be cool if private phone companies started dropping your calls b/c of what you said on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Really?

Do tell.

Please be specific.
    It’s like this, something is going on.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/polit...ico/index.html

18. "I can tell you they discriminate against me."

The President of the United States, without citing any evidence, claiming that the big technology companies are biased against him. Sure!

19. "You know, people talk about collusion. The real conclusion is between the Democrats and these companies."

Wait, wait. I thought the real collusion was between Democrats and the Russians? Is this collusion even more real?

24. "Well, there's something going on."

This conspiratorial answer from Trump is in response to this question: "Mr. President, the treatment of you, set aside with Google and Facebook, just in terms of market size and market dominance, do you think that there is a monopoly antitrust problems with those big companies?" What, specifically, is Trump talking about "going on?" Does he even know?
    Last edited by LeeG; 06-10-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    So, you got .0000000000?

Not very specific.

when facebook and google become the public square of discussion and a public utility. would you be cool if private phone companies started dropping your calls b/c of what you said on the phone?
    When Google and Facebook become public utilities, call me.

Until then, it seems to me that all you have is fear of losing your white, male, 'christian' privilege.

This is always how it goes down.

There may be a few radicals out there that want to install an oppressive brown/female/male/transgender/queer/liberal/atheist oligarchy to replace the oppression they themselves have experienced, but mainly, folks just want a voice. A voice that won't be strangled because it comes from someone not white, male and 'christian'.

"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression."
    Rattling the teacups.

So, you got .0000000000?

Not very specific.

When Google and Facebook become public utilities, call me.

Until then, it seems to me that all you have is fear of losing your white, male, 'christian' privilege.

This is always how it goes down.

There may be a few radicals out there that want to install an oppressive brown/female/male/transgender/queer/liberal/atheist oligarchy to replace the oppression they themselves have experienced, but mainly, folks just want a voice. A voice that won't be strangled because it comes from someone not white, male and 'christian'.

"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression."

first you'll have to get to to acknowledge that white, male, christian privilege exists. can't lose what isn't real.

here's a few hours of liberals discussing this so you can quit pretending it's just me or "the right"

So, why don't you just admit you got nothin'?
    Rattling the teacups.

idiocy and buffoonery at its finest

idiocy and buffoonery at its finest
    I do agree.

Your thinking that the First Amendment both authorizes someone like Rushing to establish 'christianity' as a foundation of law, AND protects the speech of anyone from any agency other than the US Government is certainly an unparalleled idiocy, and your clinging to the idea that there's no such thing as white privilege checks the buffoonery box perfectly.

I'm sure you're proud.
    Rattling the teacups.

Jaft
    "Trump's authoritarianism is a feature not a bug." -- Sky Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Under His Eye.

We are moving towards a truly dystopian future the likes of which we’ve only seen on TV and the big screen. I’m really hoping that women, minorities and the LGBT community will get out and vote in 2020. Their safety and well being depends on it.
    I’m sure many residents of Germany, Chile, and Spain didn’t think it could happen in their respective countries either. Many Americans likely believe that sort of thing couldn’t possibly happen in 2019.
    We are seeing the beginnings of it right now. Once it progresses beyond a certain point the police and the military will side with the extremists. They always have, it’s what they are programmed to do.
    It needs to be stopped BEFORE it gets to the tipping point, and the way to do that is to vote.
    Exactly.

The 'Republican' Party is playing the 'It can't happen here' card to the hilt.

Not only CAN it happen, but IT IS HAPPENING.
    You bloody hypocrite. I essentially said the same thing and you, as well as other's, about had a cow. What changed? Oh, I see, you were just trying to make hay where there was none. Says a lot about you. Biting my effing tongue right now . . .
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    You bloody hypocrite. I essentially said the same thing and you, as well as other's, about had a cow. What changed? Oh, I see, you were just trying to make hay where there was none. Says a lot about you. Biting my effing tongue right now . . .
    Really?
    Rattling the teacups.

Really?
    Really, with your selective memory.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Once it progresses beyond a certain point the police and the military will side with the extremists. They always have, it’s what they are programmed to do.
    really, rather a chilling thought
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Really, with your selective memory.
    Aren’t you the guy who said he would vote for Trump if the Democratic nominee was not pure of heart and progressive as?
    Rattling the teacups.

Exactly.

The 'Republican' Party is playing the 'It can't happen here' card to the hilt.

Not only CAN it happen, but IT IS HAPPENING.
    You know, I have been railing against these bursteds since I was 14 years old.

I have seen this coming for 45 years.

I'm guessing that means I have been aware of what a bunch of anti-American, seditious ratfreakers the 'Republican' Party is since before you were born.

In fact, this entire board has gotten tired of hearing about it from me.

The fact that you think I'm not of the opinion that these people are traitors to the Constitution, that they are racist, misogynist, homophobic, Dominionist, greed-driven spitstains upon the Earth, and that you think I am a 'hypocrite' for some unfathomable, inane delusional reason leads me to believe that you are not thinking clearly, that your thinking is clouded by rage.

Get a grip, son.

Quit savaging your allies.

Your childish, petulant, holier-than-thou spew will elect Trump to a second and final term.
    Rattling the teacups.

Page 2?
    Bump.

Keep up the good work ozna..

While I think you have a good ten years on me Ozna.. I first became aware of how self serving the GOP was during the Reagan years. I always cared for the environment more than anything, and that administration seemed hell bent on do their best to destroy everything Nixon had put in place through the EPA. James Watt earned a lot of scorn from my then fledgling political self.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

You know, I have been railing against these bursteds since I was 14 years old.

I have seen this coming for 45 years.

I'm guessing that means I have been aware of what a bunch of anti-American, seditious ratfreakers the 'Republican' Party is since before you were born.

In fact, this entire board has gotten tired of hearing about it from me.

The fact that you think I'm not of the opinion that these people are traitors to the Constitution, that they are racist, misogynist, homophobic, Dominionist, greed-driven spitstains upon the Earth, and that you think I am a 'hypocrite' for some unfathomable, inane delusional reason leads me to believe that you are not thinking clearly, that your thinking is clouded by rage.

Get a grip, son.

Quit savaging your allies.

Your childish, petulant, holier-than-thou spew will elect Trump to a second and final term.

now that's a steaming pile!!!

can i borrow some of this post for my garden?