Hello -

I am posting here as I am the Executive Director of Olympia Harbor Days, an Olympia Kiwanis event held in Olympia WA every Labor Day weekend. It is a free family friendly festival for all ages with tons of history, activities, displays, music, food etc -- see www.HarborDays.com for details. The festival's heart is the presentation and preservation of the history of the working tugs of the Puget Sound, but all vintage tugs and workboats and historic boats are welcome. We have over 55,000 attendees.

First -- a call to Tugboat owners/skippers -- I am looking for any and all vintage or newer tugs retired or still in service in the Puget Sound region that could travel to the top of the sound to be part of the Tugboat Show and possibly Tugboat Races (your choice) -- the last remaining Tugboat Races on the West Coast or at least Washington and the Puget Sound. We provide free moorage, a skippers and crew salmon feed, vest, hat and a great time. The registration from is on our website.

Second -- a call to Workboat or unique historic/replica vessel owners/skippers --- yes I am looking for you too to participate in our Ships of the Harbor Show joining the historic Mosquito Fleet Steam Ship Virginia V and the tall ships Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain, WWII Tug Comanche, and Halibut Schooner Tordenskjold. No racing but a demonstration run could be accommodated. Again you can register on our website, and yes -- you get all the freebies including the salmon dinner!

Third -- an invitation to everyone to attend this festival -- this year presenting the 46th edition.OHD_2019_SaveTheDate_Email Collage_FINAL.jpg

Hope many of you can attend and participate.

Thank you and please contact me directly for more information or if you have questions,

Carol Riley info@HarborDays.com 360-556-0498