Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ditch Mitch

Default Re: Ditch Mitch

I just sent another small bit. But we need a reminder of the link.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/di...recurring=true

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    I just sent another small bit. But we need a reminder of the link.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/di...recurring=true
    Thanks, Ron. So did I. Here's another link that also works: https://ditchmitchfund.com/

Last day of the fundraising quarter. Amy McGrath is still on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    McConnell is as important as Trump for removal.
    Perhaps more. Worthwhile contribution. Thanks.
    Last edited by FishoutaFlorida; 06-30-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

Billy Currington

Keep the momentum going!

Invite your friends to donate:

I'm in!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

At our small potluck gathering aboard a friend’s boat last night someone mentioned the Ditch Mitch campaign and three others (including me), chimed in to say we had donated. Granted, we tend to hang out with like minded people, but we had all come to Ditch Mitch independently. I think the campaign has legs. I can’t think of a better place to donate now.

Amy McGrath is challenging Mitch. Maybe a former Marine Corps fighter pilot has the profile and support to beat him.

Tom M, how is this playing in Kentucky?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I don't think the average Kentuckian is paying much attention yet to the 2020 general election. As for McGrath, I like her. But she failed to defeat her Republican opponent for Kentucky's 6th Congressional District. I don't think that is a good sign.

Here is a link to an article about McConnell in today's Courier-Journal. Enjoy : https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ma/1678900001/
    "Trump's authoritarianism is a feature not a bug." -- Sky Blue

The second most consequential race in 2020, with implications far beyond Kentucky. Stay engaged. Donate

I'm not sure it's the second most important - just might be the most important.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Dems have a female ex-fighter pilot Lt. Colonel who is running against Mitch. I am giving her money directly.

I can't think of a more loathsome Miserable Creature in politics than Yertle. No, no even Ted Cruz, and that is saying something.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Just to make it a little easier: https://amymcgrath.com/

Spread the word amongst your family and friends!

Skip a latte, save the country.
    You can donate as little as $5, but even that tiny amount helps immensely because the number of small donors is factored in as well.

Note: at the end of these online donate pages they try to get you to create an account and it looks like there is no way to close that window. But that’s a separate deal, you can bail out at that point and you have still donated without signing away your farm.

Off to a good start.

Amy McGrath, Running to Unseat Mitch McConnell, Raises $2.5 Million in 24 Hours

By Matt Stevens
    NY Times
    July 10, 2019

Amy McGrath, a retired Marine lieutenant colonel and combat pilot who is seeking to unseat Senator Mitch McConnell in 2020, raised $2.5 million in the first 24 hours of her campaign, her campaign manager said Wednesday.

The fund-raising haul eclipsed the first-day total raised by some heavyweight contenders for the Democratic nomination for president, like Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Senator Kamala Harris of California. It suggests that Ms. McGrath retains some of the star power she harnessed during her failed bid last year to capture a House seat in Kentucky.

It is also an indication of just how badly Democrats want to oust Mr. McConnell, the Senate majority leader.

In a brief telephone interview on Wednesday morning, Mark Nickolas, Ms. McGrathís campaign manager, said the $2.5 million she raised is the most ever in the first 24 hours of a Senate campaign. The donations came from about 69,000 donors who contributed an average of $36.15 each, he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lesser View Post
    Off to a good start.
    I just saw this on my "news" feed. I think the Smith family is about to get involved in Kentucky politics. I'm just hoping I can convince my wife to save us enough money to buy groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I think the Smith family is about to get involved in Kentucky politics. I'm just hoping I can convince my wife to save us enough money to buy groceries.
    A noble cause. A grateful nation will thank you.

It's an early poll, and I don't know anything about the methodology, BUT

Thatís right. This race is already a statistical tie, which is particularly impressive when you find out that 31 percent said they hadnít yet heard of Amy.

Hereís what I know: When people meet Amy, itís clear that sheís exactly the kind of person we need in Washington. Her record of putting country over party is the antidote we need to fix what Mitch McConnell broke.

I also know that Kentucky voters canít stand Mitch. In the same poll from above, 61 percent view him unfavorably and only 22 percent have a favorable opinion of him. After 34 years in office, only one in five people say they like him.

He knows heís not going to win this race with a charm offensive. So heís going to spend every dollar he can trying to tear Amy down.

And his campaign didnít wait long to get down in the mudóthey attacked her just 37 minutes after Amy announced her campaign.

Our job in the next 16 months is clear:

1. Introduce Amy to as many voters as we can; and
    2. Fight back against Mitchís attacks with everything weíve got. We need to make sure voters know the real her, not the ridiculous caricature the other side will try to create.

This race wonít be easy. It wonít always be fun. But donít let anyone tell you we canít beat Mitch McConnell.

Chip in and letís build the grassroots campaign that can get the job done.

Thank you,

Mark Nickolas
    Campaign Manager
    Amy McGrath for Senate

The latest email from the McGrath campaign