Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark's Harry Bryan 'Rambler' for sale on WB website

Default Re: Mark's Harry Bryan 'Rambler' for sale on WB website

That it a fine boat. I can see myself with something like that in a few years. Hope you get the right price and buyer.
    A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man. My feature suggests an excellent side kick of good index.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    That it a fine boat. I can see myself with something like that in a few years. Hope you get the right price and buyer.
    Thanks Ted. Its a hard call parting with her. She’s so pretty sitting at the dock. Most mornings I get up and grab the binoculars next to the bed and look at her.
    The cover I had made for her seems to really work well. We’ve had an incredible amount of rain here lately. Over 15” in the past week. I took a look in her bilge this morning and its almost dry. I don’t think the bilge pump has even been triggered on.
    I mentioned in the EBay auction that if somebody wanted her without the engine or trailer I’d consider it and adjust the price accordingly. In the right location she’d be perfect with an electric motor. You could easily add back 300# of batteries and at 6 knots have a lot of range.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Well eBay proved to be a waste of time and $$. I’ll be placing the boat with a broker.

what about something like this by arch davis:
    https://www.archdavisdesigns.com/davis_jiffyv22.html

there is a completed one listed on his site for sale in Michigan
    https://www.archdavisdesigns.com/news/blog.pl

Funny but I like the looks of the one with the pilothouse a lot better.

Not getting much interest in the Rambler. I going to list her with a broker this week. EBay was a bust, auction went nowhere.
    The little Westerbeke seems to be getting better the more it runs. It’s amazing how quickly it fires up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Funny but I like the looks of the one with the pilothouse a lot better.
    I like the look of the pilothouse one too. The hull reminds me a lot of the Ninigret...
    giving me ideas...

Dont try to put a pilot house on a Ninegret, Pat Atkin would have a fit. The top of the cuddy is supposed to be canvas to keep it from too much weight up top., A pilot house would be ungood.

Took her out of the water today and put her back at my friends place. I figured since I intend to sell her no sense in keeping her in the water. Re-oiled the locust, flushed the cooling system with fresh water and gave her a bath.
    The bottom paint I used did a really good job of repelling growth. The unpainted surfaces however (prop, shaft, strut) were barnacle magnets! In less than 2 weeks they were covered with small barnacles. A pressure wash removed @ 90% of the offending critters. I painted the strut with bottom paint I had. The shaft and prop I’ll leave to the new owner (assuming there is one).
    A boat lift is NOT optional here. Catnapper will be retaining an outboard since she’ll have to stay wet. I had been told that the combination of warm weather and a very healthy clean water spawns a lot of growth. They weren’t kidding!

Also she’s been placed with a broker. Should be showing up on most of the sites soon. I still retain the option of selling her myself with this broker.
    I wouldn’t mind keeping the trailer and I’d consider delivery as well if I could hang onto it. A good % of the boats I’ve been looking at don’t include trailers and the one I have should work for whatever’s next.
    Last edited by Reynard38; 06-20-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Got an email from the broker this morning. I can add names to a “protected buyer” list. Anybody on that list can buy the boat directly from me and I don’t have to pay the commission, so I could sell the boat for a lower price.