Thread: Man was stopped in Arizona with his dead wife strapped in the passenger seat

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Default Man was stopped in Arizona with his dead wife strapped in the passenger seat

A 70-year-old man was stopped on a highway in Arizona on Monday with his dead wife strapped in the passenger seat.

Eloy police, in a statement released Monday, said Rodney Puckett of Oklahoma was stopped by an Eloy police detective for a traffic violation.

The officer, identified as Eloy Detective Adam Edmonds, was speaking with Puckett when he noticed a deceased woman sitting in the passenger seat, police said.

The woman was identified as Puckett's wife, 74-year-old Linda Puckett.

Rodney Puckett explained to Edmonds that he and his wife had been on a road trip when his wife died at a hotel in Texas.

"He moved her body into their vehicle, continuing towards their destination,'' the police statement said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ip/1195880001/

Default Re: Man was stopped in Arizona with his dead wife strapped in the passenger seat

Danged Okies!...ha!

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: Man was stopped in Arizona with his dead wife strapped in the passenger seat

Well, he remembered "safety first" at least!

Little Miss Sunshine.

Going to, or from, Florida?

I won't condemn the guy. To have your spouse die suddenly and far from home has to be a major tramatic event. Easy enough for us armchair experts to say he should have called the cops, but with the trama of the situation, the man clearly wasn't thinking rationally and did what he did.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Reality mimics fiction.

Way back when I read a short story.
    A family were holidaying in Mexico and took wealthy granny along.
    She dies, and because of he inheritance and anticipated problems with paperwork and probate, they decided to smuggle her back over the border.
    Then the fun began.
    Whilst the family were eating at a road side diner the car, with the ex granny on board was stolen.
    Having found their unexpected passenger the thieves abandoned her inside a small road side electricity sub station in the desert on an Indian reservation. They sat her up all respectful before bugging out.
    Some time later, after she had mummified in the dry desert air she was found by the people from the reservation sitting in the midst of a palpable electric energy, so they adopted her as a religious totem to be venerated.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I am sorry, however I can't stop thinking about the 1983 National Lampoon's Vacation movie when Aunt Edna died in a car as she was getting a ride from the Griswold's back to her sons home in Arizona(???). Rather than stop and deal with her death (they were on their way to Wally World) they strapped her to the roof rack and drove the rest of the way to hers sons house. Since he wasn't home they left her in a chair in the back yard. But they did say a few words before they sped off.

At least she wasn't naked.

Anyone remember Weekend at Bernies?

At least she wasn't naked.
    And then the murders began.

Authorities say an officer stopped Rodney Puckett in the area of Toltec Road along Interstate 10 on Monday. While the officer was talking to Puckett, he noticed the body of a dead woman in the passenger seat.

Officials say they were tipped off to the situation after a fast food employee called police, saying a man and woman were naked in the car.

"I so happened to look on the passenger side and that's when I seen he had the lady in there, she was like completely naked," said employee Maria Davis. "The way she was face down, like laying down, and then I seen the color of her feet were like purple."

Davis told ABC15 she tried to stall the man so she could seek help. "He was like normal, like really normal about it," Davis said. "He was calm, he ordered his food."

Police pulled over Rodney's vehicle a short distance from the restaurant. Rodney was reportedly only wearing underwear when police pulled him over.

Police say the woman was identified as Rodney’s wife, 74-year-old Linda Puckett. Rodney told investigators Linda died at a hotel in El Paso, Texas, during the couple’s road trip. He said he moved her body into the car and continued towards their destination in California.

The couple, who married in 2011, were divorcing. Linda was issued a protective order from her husband on Feb. 6 and it was continued Monday, records show. Linda filed for divorce on Feb. 8. Rodney also had an order of protection against Puckett, according to a probable cause statement by Eloy police.

In another connection, Rodney was reported missing in April, but the Silver Alert for him was canceled once it was found he had not been heard from because he was in a Kansas jail. The Silver Alert said he has bipolar disorder.

"I have been in law enforcement and with the Eloy Police Department for 17 years and this is the most bizarre case I have ever seen in Eloy," said Eloy Police Department Sgt. Kristie Barnette.

"He tried to wake her, couldn't wake her up, he loaded her onto a luggage cart and proceeded to place her in his vehicle," Sgt. Barnette said.

Linda’s body was turned over to the Pinal County Medical Examiner to determine cause of death, police said. Medical examiners say there are signs of blunt force trauma to the woman's body, but her cause of death is still pending.

Eloy Police are working with El Paso Police on the investigation. According to Eloy Police, it is currently classified as a "death investigation."

The Pinal County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed to ABC15 Linda Puckett's body had some signs of blunt force trauma, but they have not yet determined how she died and are awaiting toxicology results.

Rodney was booked into Pinal County Jail for abandonment or concealment of a body.

Police say the investigation is ongoing and additional charges may be filed later.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Was there a dog's leash tied to the bumper?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Rodney was booked into Pinal County Jail for abandonment or concealment of a body.
    WTF? She was in (rather too much) plain view and he was sat beside her in the car. Neither concealed not abandoned.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Was there a dog's leash tied to the bumper?
    That was Aunt Edna's dog Dinky.

Poor little guy, probably kept up with you for a mile or so. Tough little mutt.

He did well to get her into the car on his own. He's seventy and bodies are a pain to move. Don't know why he put her in face down though- unless she had a cute butt

There was a short story- purely fictional- in an Easy Rider magazine years ago about the bikers who drew straws to see which woman of a group they had to take across America on their bikes. Had to live off their wits and be first to a specified destination. Getting ready to set off the next morning and one discovers that his passenger has died during the night. But rules are rules and the prez says take her and go. The part of the story about the totally stoned, very concerned hippies at the campground, trying to feed her lentils, really cracked me up JayInOz

Btdt
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Btdt
    Killed your wife and hauled her body around in a car?

Hope the AC worked.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!