Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R Boat Pirate Pond Yacht

Default Re: R Boat Pirate Pond Yacht

Yippee!

Slight side note for all you model pond boat enthusiasts:

The AMYA club I belong to (Chester Springs) recently held the 25th Anniversary US Vintage Model Yacht Regatta. We had over 20 skippers bring over 50 boats. Wonderful time!

Here's a link to some pictures:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...il&ts=5d92072e

Look for the boat with #140 on the sails. It's a Mad Hatter from the late 60's and the guy who built it planked the entire hull. There's not a straight edge anywhere on the hull and some of the planks not only curve but twist along the length of the hull. He won the craftsmanship award hands down for his class.

We also have a YouTube Channel and got some videos both from the ground and the air:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0O...YwSyf4_mX6lg7w

We also have a presence on Facebook so search for Chester Spring Model Yacht Club for more pictures and videos.

Be sure to check out the US Vintage Model Yacht webpage as well:

https://usvmyg.org/

Tim

All, I apologize for the long silence here. However the wait has not been without some progress and I have good news. Prints of the plans taken from a scan of Geary's original drawing are now available again. Mail a check for $26 USD. to

R Boat Pirate, CWB
    1010 Valley St.
    Seattle, WA 98109

Write "Pond boat plans" on the memo line of the check and include your mailing address. Plans will ship in seven days.

I have mailed my check but have not received the plans yet so I can't comment on the quality but it's a step in the right direction at least. I also have the original build jigs and am planning to post some photos of them here once I have a moment to dig everything out and set it up to photograph. Finally I also have one lead keel. I believe others exist as does the original mold so I expect it will be possible to have keels made but that will be the next bridge to cross.
    - Chris

Life is short. Go boating now!

The model sails very well.
    Jay

Hello Chris!

Did you ever receive your copy of the plans from CWB? Do they include the templates for the lifts to match the Marlow manual? How are things going with all the rest of the Pirate parts?

Tim