Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    and you have bus fare to get to the polls.
    Look - it's like saying you have enough $$$ to buy a boat, but won't have money for registration, docking fees, and gas.

If you can't afford to secure the firearm and ammunition to protect others in society from the firearms you've purchased, you can't afford the firearms.

Stupidity.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Look - it's like saying you have enough $$$ to buy a boat, but won't have money for registration, docking fees, and gas.

If you can't afford to secure the firearm and ammunition to protect others in society from the firearms you've purchased, you can't afford the firearms.

Stupidity.

i'm not guaranteed a right to boat in the constitution

The constitution does not guarantee you to the right to own a firearm free of taxation or regulatory requirements, including safe storage. What part of 'a well-regulated militia' don't you understand?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

i'm not guaranteed a right to boat in the constitution
    You're also not guaranteed the right in the constitution to have your firearms endanger others, to threaten others with your firearms, or to give or even sell them freely to others.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    The constitution does not guarantee you to the right to own a firearm free of taxation or regulatory requirements, including safe storage. What part of 'a well-regulated militia' don't you understand?

or "shall not infringe" right?

It certainly doesn't guarantee that you'll be supplied a free firearm by the government, either.
    -William A. Ward

or "shall not infringe" right?
    "shall not infringe" Biggest NRA lie of them all.

Your right to own is infringed. Felon? Infringed. Mentally ill? Infringed. Carry on your person on an airplane? Infringed. Carry personal firearm onto a military installation? Infringed. Required to get a license to own? Yep, some places. Required to register your firearm? Yep, some places. Required to pay for a training course to get the license? Yep, some places. Required to pay a tax and get background check for FFL arms? Yep.
    -William A. Ward

F**k it. We need to repeal the goddamned second amendment. Militias for military purposes are are as obsolete as flintlocks, and I am not willing to have one more person die because of the idiocy of the gun fethishists.

I realize that as things stand, this is somewhat less likely than that I'll ride to work tomorrow on a sparkly pink unicorn.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

F**k it. We need to repeal the goddamned second amendment. Militias for military purposes are are as obsolete as flintlocks, and I am not willing to have one more person die because of the idiocy of the gun fethishists.

I realize that as things stand, this is somewhat less likely than that I'll ride to work tomorrow on a sparkly pink unicorn.

but you'd look great on one if you could find it.

See your unicorn and raise you a bigfoot.

Basically this boils down to the individualist who doesn't want to bother with their responsibility to protect the community at large.
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post

As far as I’m concerned, if the round pierces a vest ban it, if it doesn’t , keep it. This can be determined in a lab.
    You realize this covers almost every rifle round? Vests are (mostly) only for handgun velocities, not rifle.

Disingenuous.

There is always a reason for no. Meanwhile, the bodies continue to pile up.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    I'll agree - that's true to up to a point. If you're not using or carrying the firearm, it should be locked up. However, I don't agree with the nightstand or the under the pillow thing. We've had this discussion here before with Bob Adams who keeps a handgun for personal defense and has had to use it for that purpose. It is possible to have the firearm secure, yet immediately available to you with a quick-access bedside safe that has a biometric lock. The NRA was even selling them.
    the under the pillow comment for the ammosexuals.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    You realize this covers almost every rifle round? Vests are (mostly) only for handgun velocities, not rifle.
    I guess it’s time to develop a new rifle round. . .
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    the under the pillow comment for the ammosexuals.
    The sarcasm was a bit subtle...
    -William A. Ward

yeah... rifle rounds to hunt mosquitoes! who's hungry?

I guess it’s time to develop a new rifle round. . .
    You go ahead and do that. One that will take down a deer but not penetrate a Kevlar vest. You realize that "bulletproof" in the context of vests is similar to "stainless" steel?

On the principle that we should pay attention to that which does the most real harm, I propose forgetting about armor-piercing ammunition. Without looking it up, I'd bet the number of people killed per year because it's available can be counted on the fingers of one hand. If we want to do some real good, we should make handguns very, very difficult to get, and completely ban weapons designed to kill a lot of people quickly.

Richard Feynman

On the principle that we should pay attention to that which does the most real harm, I propose forgetting about armor-piercing ammunition. Without looking it up, I'd bet the number of people killed per year because it's available can be counted on the fingers of one hand. If we want to do some real good, we should make handguns very, very difficult to get, and completely ban weapons designed to kill a lot of people quickly.
    That was just another way of changing the subject. The NRA and its fans want to talk about anything but the fact that mothers don't want to see their children shot. Thus, the OP on this thread.

Pretty eh?[/QUOTE]

But AR clones are perfect for hunting & lots of fun. You can't take away my toys! I need 30 rounds in the mag to get my deer.

The armor piercing issue is, indeed, a smaller one. But - not to cops. The issue is not with 308 (or whatever) rounds that can go through kevlar, but pistol ammo that can. Of course the objectors know this - they just want unlimited firearms & ammo available to all - preferably with no paperwork & background checks.

Fully automatic weapons are controlled & anyone with 1/2 a brain is OK with it. Problem is - how are we going to expand on that legislation from the 30's?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I used to think you'd probably need a full blown armed insurrection to shock people into action, but probably it would only increase sales.

You will just have to live….and die with it.

But if history is a guide dictators and authoritarian rulers are the most nervous about private citizen possessing arms. Maybe King donald will be the answer after all…………… apart from his brownshirts of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    You go ahead and do that. One that will take down a deer but not penetrate a Kevlar vest. You realize that "bulletproof" in the context of vests is similar to "stainless" steel?
    Actually, it’s not my problem. Why would I try and solve it. My guess is we wake tomorrow and Shannon Watts is president and she bans centerpoint ammo, someone will figure out how to continue deer hunting.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Actually, it’s not my problem. Why would I try and solve it. My guess is we wake tomorrow and Shannon Watts is president and she bans centerpoint ammo, someone will figure out how to continue deer hunting.
    "Centrepoint"?
    Yah. Thankfully it isn't your responsibility to figure it out.