Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 36 to 70 of 129

Thread: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

  1. #36
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,025

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    The answer to too many gun deaths in America? buy more guns. Sounds like the definition of insanity
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

    -Dalai Lama

  2. #37
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bradford, VT
    Posts
    7,237

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    The number of privately owned firearms and the number of firearm related deaths have been trending in opposite directions for decades

  3. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by David W Pratt View Post
    The number of privately owned firearms and the number of firearm related deaths have been trending in opposite directions for decades

    Please post the graph.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  4. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    28,535

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    more gun haters spouting off about stuff they don't know.
    Ummm... Some of us are gun owners - so try engaging brain before opening mouth. Notice I didn't ask you to do both at the same time - as that'd be too much for you I'm sure.

    Here's the definition:

    Armor Piercing Ammunition refers to a projectile or projectile core which is used in a handgun. It is usually constructed from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium. It has a penetrator that is enclosed within a softer jacket. It is used to penetrate hardened armored targets such as ballistic vests, vehicle armor, concrete, tanks, and other defenses. Armor-piercing ammunition can range from rifle- and pistol-caliber rounds all the way up to tank rounds. It does not include shotgun shot required by Federal or State environmental or game regulations for hunting purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target shooting, a projectile which the Secretary finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other projectile or projectile core which the Secretary finds is intended to be used for industrial purposes, including a charge used in an oil and gas well perforating device.[ 18 U.S.C.]
    https://definitions.uslegal.com/a/ar...ng-ammunition/
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  5. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Ummm... Some of us are gun owners - so try engaging brain before opening mouth. Notice I didn't ask you to do both at the same time - as that'd be too much for you I'm sure.

    Here's the definition:



    https://definitions.uslegal.com/a/ar...ng-ammunition/


    right, so knowing what the definition is, what ammunition do you propose to ban?

  6. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    11,354

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    You're not paying attention, a majority of those here that think there should be stricter laws on weapons are also gun owners. They are however not dogmatic in their support of NRA talking points.
    Nosce te ipsum

  7. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    16,190

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    You're not paying attention, a majority of those here that think there should be stricter laws on weapons are also gun owners. They are however not dogmatic in their support of NRA talking points.
    That would distract from the "narrative".
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  8. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    right, so knowing what the definition is, what ammunition do you propose to ban?

    Any ammunition that can pierce cop body armor.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  9. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    28,535

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    right, so knowing what the definition is, what ammunition do you propose to ban?
    OK - I guess asking you to do one thing at a time is too much.

    It ain't rocket surgery - figure it out.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  10. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    here's a fun read for the grabbers

    Who here is a grabber, that you would like to read your link?

    Most posters here, including myself, own multiple guns.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  11. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    I'd like to grab this person's guns. From this morning, my daily morning drive up into the mountains:



    bccphalarope(dot)com

  12. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Any ammunition that can pierce cop body armor.


    so you want to ban deer rifles?

  13. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    so you want to ban deer rifles?

    What do you think?
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    What do you think?
    i dunno, you said ALL ammo that pierces police body armor. that includes most modern deer rifle rounds.

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    i dunno, you said ALL ammo that pierces police body armor. that includes most modern deer rifle rounds.

    i dunno, are deer rifles considered cop killers?
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  16. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    28,535

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    i dunno, are deer rifles considered cop killers?
    They tuck into the waistband of your sweatpants well...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  17. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    They tuck into the waistband of your sweatpants well...

    Is that a deer rifle in your pocket or...
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  18. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    28,535

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Is that a deer rifle in your pocket or...
    Is that one of your stock jokes? You're just a barrel of laughs!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  19. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    i dunno, are deer rifles considered cop killers?

    oh OH.... so when you say "all rounds that pierce cop armor" you mean you don't want to ban anything since that doesn't really happen. gotcha!

  20. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Is that one of your stock jokes?

    I read it in a magazine.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  21. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Any ammunition that can pierce cop body armor.


    you seemed pretty clear here

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    oh OH.... so when you say "all rounds that pierce cop armor" you mean you don't want to ban anything since that doesn't really happen. gotcha!

    OMG! I stepped right in that one! OMG! And you led me right into it with your so clever questioning too! WOW!
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    28,535

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    I read it in a magazine.
    & clipped it for here. We'll see if the puns trigger anyone - but I wouldn't wanna bore 'em.

    Yes, the caliber of humor is rather low - but more fun than arguing.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  24. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cows
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    you seemed pretty clear here

    Give it some thought.

    Here is a hint: handguns.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

  25. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Give it some thought.

    Here is a hint: handguns.


    so i can only kill people with handguns? i thought we had an armor piercing bullet problem?

  26. #61
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    11,354

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    ^ And that is the sort of disingenuous crap that will see the 2nd amendment acolytes left of the sidelines while adults discuss changes to gun legislation.
    Nosce te ipsum

  27. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    ^ And that is the sort of disingenuous crap that will see the 2nd amendment acolytes left of the sidelines while adults discuss changes to gun legislation.


    who is disingenuous here? yall are the ones making half baked arguments with holes everywhere. just shout out your buzz words and run away.

  28. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    11,354

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    It always ends the same. Someone says 'clip' instead of 'magazine' and that means everything that came prior to is invalid, use a different word, get the same ****. The pro-gun crowd will pick the fly crap out of the peppercorns all day long and ignore the pile of dead bodies.
    Nosce te ipsum

  29. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    It always ends the same. Someone says 'clip' instead of 'magazine' and that means everything that came prior to is invalid, use a different word, get the same ****. The pro-gun crowd will pick the fly crap out of the peppercorns all day long and ignore the pile of dead bodies.


    forcing you to make a cogent argument isn't being disingenuous. define what you want. be precise. not "ahmer peersin bahhhhd". there's already a definition for pistol armor piercing ammo, and it's not legal as it is defined. so what are you trying to get rid of? and WHERE'S THE PROBLEM with it?

  30. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    16,190

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    The cogent argument has been made. Ban public purchase and use of ammunition that is specifically designed for armor-piercing. Full stop.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  31. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    11,354

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    forcing you to make a cogent argument isn't being disingenuous. define what you want. be precise. not "ahmer peersin bahhhhd". there's already a definition for pistol armor piercing ammo, and it's not legal as it is defined. so what are you trying to get rid of? and WHERE'S THE PROBLEM with it?
    Where would YOU start? Serious question. If you wanted to say, reducue the number of accidental gun-related deaths among children, where would you start? Gun safes? Safety training? What steps would you deam palatable?
    Nosce te ipsum

  32. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowra NSW. A little piece of paradise
    Posts
    1,714

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    more gun haters spouting off about stuff they don't know.

    anyone want to define "armor piercing"?

    and anyone want to make a list of cartridges that fall under that category?

    nope. you just want to say ARMOR PIERCING!!!! whadda weez needz DEM FER?
    O.K, I'll bite

    Since you don't have the intelligence to know

    An armour piecing round is one with the following descriptors;

    Made for the military,

    Used to penetrate armour in both hardened and soft skinned targets

    Normally has a hardened rod up the centre of the round, with a sabot, either solid or discarding to allow the round to exit the barrel

    Has absolutely no use in the civilian world

    What you need to do, Sunshine, is start to ask why would a civilian need A.P. ammunition and stop screaming 2nd all the time

  33. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    16,190

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBarney View Post

    Has absolutely no use in the civilian world
    Succinct.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  34. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Where would YOU start? Serious question. If you wanted to say, reducue the number of accidental gun-related deaths among children, where would you start? Gun safes? Safety training? What steps would you deam palatable?


    well i sure as hail not going to start with armor piercing round and scary black gun red herrings.

    i'd be all for a safety training class to own. if you want to hunt in AL you already have to take a hunter safety course and that comes with proper firearm handling. well, it did when i took it 20 something years ago.

    i'd be for some advanced training for CC permit holders.

  35. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    huntsville, al, usa
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Why does the NRA fear a lady from Indiana so much. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBarney View Post
    O.K, I'll bite

    Since you don't have the intelligence to know

    An armour piecing round is one with the following descriptors;

    Made for the military,

    Used to penetrate armour in both hardened and soft skinned targets

    Normally has a hardened rod up the centre of the round, with a sabot, either solid or discarding to allow the round to exit the barrel

    Has absolutely no use in the civilian world

    What you need to do, Sunshine, is start to ask why would a civilian need A.P. ammunition and stop screaming 2nd all the time


    you're wrong on about all fronts there princess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •