Thread: OK experts, what値l she do knot wise and what kind of fuel flow

Default OK experts, what値l she do knot wise and what kind of fuel flow

I知 liking this particular piece of frozen snot. Classic lines. I知 a bit concerned she only has 100hp. Most of off the other Tripp 22 Anglers I致e come across have 200+. So I知 looking for some educated estimations as to what she壇 make and burn.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982/tripp-angler-22-inboard-diesel-3516910/
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

14 knots WOT, making a semi-planing commotion. Probably 8 gph at that speed.

At 5-6 knots, maybe 3 gph.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Default Re: OK experts, what値l she do knot wise and what kind of fuel flow

Thanks Keven. Old design and not efficient at all then. I can go a LOT faster on 8GPH with a newer boat.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

A 100 hp diesel should drink about 40 lb per hour, 5.7 gph.

Link to thehulltruth.com/boating-forum: #4The owner there says "The boat is not fast by any stretch. I cruise at about 20 to 22 knots and wide open she will run 27 knots." No mention of horsepower though.

This one Mar 2, 2015 #9 says "I also remember Carl Tripp telling me that when the boats were built they were used gas engines in about the 135 hp range and cruised at about 12 knots."
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch

Tripp Anglers are not light fast lake boats. They're heavily built and do well with the chop and ledges of Buzzards Bay. I have an Angler 18 with a 70 HP, it's adequately powered and I love it.. 100 HP in a 22 will not set any records, but it'll get you home.
    Read your PM.
    Last edited by JimConlin; 05-13-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Tripps is still a working yard and in the same location, although they're not building boats anymore as far as i know..
    it might be worth giving them a call and getting Harry or Carl Tripp on the phone for a few answers..
    i see them in the office and around the yard from time to time. (i've been wintering there for a few years)

http://www.fltripp.com/contact.html

It won't be fast (Kevin probably has it right), but it will be much more comfortable in a seaway than a hard-chine boat of similar dimensions. Probably a better fishing machine, too.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.