Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump America - Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "white power" sign

Default Re: Trump America - Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "white power" sign

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang 13 View Post
    Banning the twit is a nice gesture, but how is it accomplished? Does one have to show ID to see a ball game? Will a bell go off when he tries to pay with a credit card?
    Facial recognition software? I'll bet you aren't getting into a crowded stadium anymore without them already knowing who you are...
    Same as the airport.

Default Re: Trump America - Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "white power" sign

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    The guy in the OP Video was DEFINITELY NOT playing any game but the WHITE SUPREMACY GAME.
    How do you know this just by looking at the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Who is he playing with, the cameraman? The person in front of him with their back turned?
    You might need to reexamine your life if you're trying to give cover to some racist POS you've never even met.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Facial recognition software? I'll bet you aren't getting into a crowded stadium anymore without them already knowing who you are...
    Same as the airport.
    I have a friend who cannot get 20 steps into the Oakland Colliseum. Banned for life, and they enforce it. Itís how I learned how invasive camera tech already is in our world.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Because ummmmm ..... I'm not blind.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I don't know if that guy is racist or not. Lord help us if we're to be judged by a single moment on TV.

But the game is real, still played today, and whoever decided that hand gesture is only for 'white power' has a limited viewpoint of life.

"Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

It's not that the gesture is ONLY for white power, but it undeniably has that association now.

Let's approach this from another angle for a minute...

Why not play the "circle game" without the three extended fingers? The thumb-and-forefinger hole are the operative element, right?

Why not make that simple change to disown the WP crowd?
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    It's not that the gesture is ONLY for white power, but it undeniably has that association now.

Let's approach this from another angle for a minute...

Why not play the "circle game" without the three extended fingers? The thumb-and-forefinger hole are the operative element, right?

Why not make that simple change to disown the WP crowd?
    "The Circle Game"
    "Devil's Triangle" is just a drinking game
    "boof" is to fart.

I love how people like b-dub like to use the slightest doubt to justify what this truly was. Just enough to cause question that hmmmmm maybe he was just playing a game and nahhhhh all this WP stuff is being miss labeled by the overly sensitive libtard snowflakes.

Hmmm but this is the NZ gunman's hands at his arraignment. Yeahhh he was just playing the "Circle Game" yeah

ugh... yall sure do get bent over stupid crap. i guess i'll be waving the white power sign all night tonight at my kid's tball game when the play is at 3rd since that's how i signal for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Who is he playing with, the cameraman? The person in front of him with their back turned?
    You might need to reexamine your life if you're trying to give cover to some racist POS you've never even met.

hahhahahhaha... so you have met this guy, and you can in fact testify to his white supremacist views?

what's the old phrase... Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

​so knowing that there is more than one reason this guy could have been making the hand gesture, why assume it's one or the other?

Boof

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    ugh... yall sure do get bent over stupid crap.
    No. False premise. Nobody is getting "bent" over anything.

i guess i'll be waving the white power sign all night tonight at my kid's tball game when the play is at 3rd since that's how i signal for 3.
    No. You won't. You will be waving the signal for 3.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I don't know if that guy is racist or not. Lord help us if we're to be judged by a single moment on TV.

But the game is real, still played today, and whoever decided that hand gesture is only for 'white power' has a limited viewpoint of life.

I had to look up "the circle game" as I had never heard of it, I feel like I lost a few IQ points now that I know about it. What a stupid game
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

​so knowing that there is more than one reason this guy could have been making the hand gesture, why assume it's one or the other?

If you see a white horse standing in a field don't argue that it might be an albino zebra.

On countless threads the forum right wingers split hairs, then when called on it announce that the forum liberals are getting bent out of shape, and then announce that they are going fishing because unlike the liberals they have real lives.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    If you see a white horse standing in a field don't argue that it might be an albino zebra.

On countless threads the forum right wingers split hairs, then when called on it announce that the forum liberals are getting bent out of shape, and then announce that they are going fishing because unlike the liberals they have real lives.

ok, so i would say in this case that the albino zebra is assuming it's a white supremacist signal since it's recently made up, as a joke no less, and since the stupid circle game has been around way longer. and if you play the odds game, how many white supremacists are there vs no white supremacist? makes your albino zebra case just silly.

ok, so i would say in this case that the albino zebra is assuming it's a white supremacist signal since it's recently made up, as a joke no less, and since the stupid circle game has been around way longer. and if you play the odds game, how many white supremacists are there vs no white supremacist? makes your albino zebra case just silly.
    . . .
    Nosce te ipsum

. . .

for all you know he's recording it at home and plans on playing back on an unsuspecting buddy. the point is, YOU DON'T KNOW. and if you say you KNOW what was the thought process was in that guy's head, then you're lying. i don't know if he's playing the circle game or making racist gestures. could be either. so why assume the worst? this reads like the kids from covington story part 2.

it's RACIST! it's RACIST! oh wait... well, it's STILL RACIST! cuzzz..... cuz i just want it to be.

for all you know he's recording it at home and plans on playing back on an unsuspecting buddy. the point is, YOU DON'T KNOW. and if you say you KNOW what was the thought process was in that guy's head, then you're lying. i don't know if he's playing the circle game or making racist gestures. could be either. so why assume the worst? this reads like the kids from covington story part 2.

it's RACIST! it's RACIST! oh wait... well, it's STILL RACIST! cuzzz..... cuz i just want it to be.
    I KNOW

You are foolish and ignorant of human society if you have to stretch so far that he is recording this at home to get someone at a game !!! WOW talk about torturing the presumption of innocence.

I KNOW

You are foolish and ignorant of human society if you have to stretch so far that he is recording this at home to get someone at a game !!! WOW talk about torturing the presumption of innocence.

hahhahhaha, YOU LIE.

hahhahhaha, YOU LIE.
    No you LIE

Right, he's recording it so he can play a juvenile game with his buddies, because he knew he'd be on TV that day? BS. You're just trying to give cover to a racist pig, for whatever reason. . .
    Nosce te ipsum

No you LIE

where's my LIE joseph? i said i DON'T KNOW which one he's doing. that's a LIE in your book? what a joke dude.

Right, he's recording it so he can play a juvenile game with his buddies, because he knew he'd be on TV that day? BS.

just as likely as "he's making a WP symbol that just got made up as a hoax 2 years ago and hardly anyone knows about it"

just as likely as "he's making a WP symbol that just got made up as a hoax 2 years ago and hardly anyone knows about it"
    Someone forgot to tell this guy it was a hoax.

Nosce te ipsum

do you think you made some sort of point there dry?

Maybe he's just playing a game with his buddies, right?
    Nosce te ipsum

ok, pun intended, let's look at it this way. guy at the baseball game knowingly puts himself on TV flashing a white supremacy symbol. wouldn't a person that does that be MORE THAN HAPPY to tell you all about his love of white power? wouldn't that guy have white power crap all over his social media? wouldn't people that know and hate that guy be able to tell us all about his white power views?

maybe he is, and maybe they do, but as of right now WE DON'T KNOW.

but hey, let's string up some smirking kids while we wait right?

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post

I've noticed that. Also how people profess to be neutral yet are anything but.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

ok, pun intended, let's look at it this way. guy at the baseball game knowingly puts himself on TV flashing a white supremacy symbol. wouldn't a person that does that be MORE THAN HAPPY to tell you all about his love of white power? wouldn't that guy have white power crap all over his social media? wouldn't people that know and hate that guy be able to tell us all about his white power views?

maybe he is, and maybe they do, but as of right now WE DON'T KNOW.
    We just know he's an idiot?
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    We just know he's an idiot?

oh, he appears to be an idiot no matter which gesture he was trying to make.

For the purpose of discussion let's grant that it was made up as a hoax, and even that hardly anyone knows about it.

It's a WP symbol, and you know about it.

Do you support the use of the known WP symbol in ostensibly-innocent things like "the circle game"? Why or why not?

edit: I'm not talking about public policy, or baseball/corporate policy, I'm asking you as an individual.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    For the purpose of discussion let's grant that it was made up as a hoax, and even that hardly anyone knows about it.

It's a WP symbol, and you know about it.

Do you support the use of the known WP symbol in ostensibly-innocent things like "the circle game"? Why or why not?

well here's the deal. i make the "white power" sign every day. but that's not what it means to me so it's not the "white power" sign. you can say that's what it is, but you're wrong. you don't get to tell me what i mean when i make it. i say it means 3 or OK. making up stupid associations for it and forcing it to apply to everyone is STUPID.

It must be a circle game tournament. I'm guessing that the Nazis just ended up in the wrong room, oh wait, is that one guy confused? He doesn't seem to know if he is a Nazi or playing a game. It's all so confusing for thinking, rational adults, isn't it?

Nosce te ipsum

all these dang RAYCESTSS

The Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville.
    Nosce te ipsum