Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump America - Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "white power" sign

Default Trump America - Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "white power" sign

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Default Re: Trump America - Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "white power" sign

I, for one, am impressed that the Cubs did that. I am sure there will be a boycott, but then we can find out who all the jackwagons are
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Default Re: Trump America - Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "white power" sign

We're hiring. Facebook is the single best reference for these "jackwagons". I will throw away any resume of anyone that has any evidence of liking Trump. Oh well . . . too bad.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    We're hiring. Facebook is the single best reference for these "jackwagons". I will throw away any resume of anyone that has any evidence of liking Trump. Oh well . . . too bad.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Ditto
    One can stand for principles and put a sign up one only takes liberal clientele, no trump people served.

Ditto
    just curious, not looking to srart a fight, would someone who would do the same thing for an Obama supporter be racist?

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Does this company only serve Democrats, what is the name of this company, one should be proud of it, right?

Thread derailed in 7 posts. That's a shame.

Good for the Cubs, that took guts and management should be commended for doing the hard thing.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by RHAKCT View Post
    just curious, not looking to srart a fight, would someone who would do the same thing for an Obama supporter be racist?
    There's an implied 'equivalence' in your question that does not wash.

Good for the Cubbies for stepping up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Does this company only serve Democrats, what is the name of this company, one should be proud of it, right?
    Oh, I'd hire a Republican just as fast as a Democrat. Just not a Trump supporter. They're a liability, talk too much about politics.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

One can stand for principles and put a sign up one only takes liberal clientele, no trump people served.
    A simple Google search of you would lead me to the WBF and your posts that would give me all the information I need not to hire you.

I would hire anyone, republican, democrat, independent, just not a Trumpnut, Nazi, or white supremacist.

I've recently fired pro Trump customers, they were just delusional, demanding, and constantly cornered my groomer with conspiracy theories. The complained about everything and bitched about price. They never scheduled and insisted they were a great AMERICAN customer. ( yes they used that term) and DESERVED to get an appointment anytime they wanted no matter how full our existing schedule was. Trump lawn signs and MAGA hats.

It was a simple choice sorry we are currently too booked to accommodate your last minute requests

Interestingly, their neighbors openly told the groomer that they were F'in nuts and caused more trouble in the community.

Joe - kinda reminds me of a certain BilgeRat...

The RWW's are correct about one thing - Benedict Donald's poll numbers ARE rising --

Americans' support for impeaching Trump rises

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...Ei_swIxes6Cits

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The number of Americans who said President Donald Trump should be impeached rose 5 percentage points to 45 percent since mid-April

A simple Google search of you would lead me to the WBF and your posts that would give me all the information I need not to hire you.

I would hire anyone, republican, democrat, independent, just not a Trumpnut, Nazi, or white supremacist.

I've recently fired pro Trump customers, they were just delusional, demanding, and constantly cornered my groomer with conspiracy theories. The complained about everything and bitched about price. They never scheduled and insisted they were a great AMERICAN customer. ( yes they used that term) and DESERVED to get an appointment anytime they wanted no matter how full our existing schedule was. Trump lawn signs and MAGA hats.

It was a simple choice sorry we are currently too booked to accommodate your last minute requests

Interestingly, their neighbors openly told the groomer that they were F'in nuts and caused more trouble in the community.
    Are neo naxis and white supremacists common in the dog grooming industry, Is thus something one needs to ask groomers, it seems like they would be pretty benign nice folks. .

They are everywhere , and OBVIOUSLY especially emboldened in Trumps America

As Cubs fan, I approve of their move against this racist gesture. Too bad bobbys doesn't understand the difference between "customers" and "employees" who are representatives of the biz owner. Were I a S California resident, I'd be proud to have one of Joe's trucks work on my dog Ginger. BTW, when she's working the wards in a local hospital, she jumps up on any bed indicated by my "up" command regardless of the color, age, or sexual orientation of the occupant.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

We have seen this “wipo” hand thing before, folks usually deny it is a thing , it just means , ya know, okay.
    Banning the twit is a nice gesture, but how is it accomplished? Does one have to show ID to see a ball game? Will a bell go off when he tries to pay with a credit card?

I thought the whole white power sign thing was made up by 4chan to make the media look foolish.
    Last edited by bluedog225; 05-10-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    I thought the whole white power sign thing was made up by 4chan to make the media look foolish.

That might have been its orange, but its use transformed a lot since then, now work your logic to justifying its use at the baseball game.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

I'm part of a "Dads talking about dad-stuff" group on FB. Yeah, it's a lot of corny jokes and lawnmowing discussion, but occasionally we get into something like this.

A dad was bragging about the various ways he and his son play this "asshole game" wherein one makes this hand gesture which is supposed to look like an anus and somehow tricks the other into looking at it.
    Another guy cautioned that they should find another game because that gesture looks exactly like the "OK" or "WP" gesture and the kid is certain to get in trouble for it eventually.
    Original dad says ah screw that, it's not a racist signal, that's just the media getting people all offended over nothing.
    Various people chime in on both sides, it goes downhill pretty quickly.

For me... I don't care what the origins were. I don't care who made up this new WP meaning or how. That meaning exists, it's as real as the original.
    They're providing an easy excuse/cover for racists.... so they can perpetuate some nonsense middle-school locker room game? Nope. No way. I wouldn't want my boy to touch that game with a ten-foot pole.

Yes good on the Cubs for making a public move on this. I'm not a baseball guy, but between this and the Yankees discontinuing use of Kate Smith's god bless america, I infer that there is some MLB initiative toward increased awareness of racial issues? Good. Learning the lesson that NFL refuses.

Yesterday I read that a number of redsox players declined to attend the thing at the white house, but ALL of the white players attended? WTF guys?
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Hard to stand on principles when reds seem not to have any. Like the emperor Trump, they aren't wearing clothes.

I believe that the SCOTUS has ruled that political parties are not protected classes, so discrimination in hiring based on political affiliation should be fine, legally.
    Will MLB, and the media, now be scanning the fans for WP and gang signs?

Quote Originally Posted by David W Pratt View Post
    I believe that the SCOTUS has ruled that political parties are not protected classes, so discrimination in hiring based on political affiliation should be fine, legally.
    Will MLB, and the media, now be scanning the fans for WP and gang signs?
    Would you object if they did? It sounds like you would.
    Nosce te ipsum

Kind of Big Brotherish

Kind of Big Brotherish
    No different than a bar putting up a "No Colors" sign. Their establishment, their rules.
    Nosce te ipsum

Thank you for posting that. I had no clue that was a white power sign. Now, to keep myself from getting in trouble, is it a white power sign if my open fingers are pointing up instead of down, the traditional "okay" sign?

Kind of Big Brotherish
    Kind of apologist-ish...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomRose View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I had no clue that was a white power sign. Now, to keep myself from getting in trouble, is it a white power sign if my open fingers are pointing up instead of down, the traditional "okay" sign?
    Just look at the video in the OP - you can SEE the difference, if anyone can’t they might be a racist.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cubs-fa...SmGA3eeRgn6J2E

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    I love it when people shoot their mouths off without having read the article.

If some state's governments are trying to deny over half of the population the ability to terminate a pregnancy then a baseball teal should be able to ban a customer.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

Read an editorial where the writer opined that without knowing the fans intent, the Cubs acted too hastily.

The time for niceties is OVER. Stomp the roaches when you see them.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Probably just playing the Circle Game...

https://www.ranker.com/list/story-be...me/donn-saylor

So... whatever...
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Mr. Nelson's claim of creating the game in the eighties, noted in Brian's link, is a few years late to be the orangenator of the game.

A decade earlier, In the early seventies, in the secure compound at Shu Lin Kou Air Station, Taipei, Taiwan, members of the 6987th Security Squadron, in particular, the morse operators, the ditty bops, especially the guys on Dawg flight, played the game. There was nothing racial about it, just dumb****tery by bored enlisted guys on slow overnight shifts.

The game is, If someone flashes the sign and you get caught looking, you're an asshole. But if someone flashes the sign, and you are quick enough to poke your finger through the circle, he's the asshole. Stupid. Morse ops, right? Whaddya gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Probably just playing the Circle Game...

https://www.ranker.com/list/story-be...me/donn-saylor

So... whatever...
    The guy in the OP Video was DEFINITELY NOT playing any game but the WHITE SUPREMACY GAME. To muddle the truth with an innuendo that he was playing some Circle Game is being disingenuous.