Thread: Low life tip stealer

Default Low life tip stealer

At our coffee shop this morning, some loser came in, sat at a table and put his head down to sleep. The lovely barrista walked over and politely informed him he couldn't sleep in here. So he got up, walked over to the counter and grabbed her tips from the jar and was out the door and gone before anyone realized what had happened. The rest of us all went over and loaded up her tip jar until she had made a nice profit. As we left she was in tears, but I hope the rest of her day was better.

Default Re: Low life tip stealer

Nice move, the rest of all of you.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Was at the common pub in Bristol (long time ago) when two parties got up from the bar and left, leaving cash for the bartender. Lowlife next to me pounds the last half of his beer, grabs the cash from the bar and is out the door before the bartender can make a move.

I was also there when he returned about a week later. Same bartender (40something lady about 5'2") leaps the bar, baseball bat in hand, and meets him about three steps from the door, ready to take him out at the knees. Dude actually appealed to the rest of us for assistance.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Great move, ron!

And yes, "loser" seems like the correct characterization.

Years ago I saw a guy attempt that. Unfortunately for him, a rather large gentleman of the Samoan persuasion took umbrage at the attempt.
    Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

I saw a good idea in Canada where the tip jar was full of water. Of course most of the tips in Canada are Loonies and Toonies coins so the water isn't really a problem.

ron, are y'all back to your old caffee shop?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    ron, are y'all back to your old caffee shop?
    Yes, and very happy to be there. They did a great job restoring and slightly upgrading after the arson fire without destroying the charm and character. As I may have mentioned at the time of the fire (almost two years ago), our roundtable group took the big old antique round table to my neighbor's shop where we scraped thru the char and sanded it down to new wood and somewhat refinished it. It is now back in its rightful place. Due to permits, insurance issues and arson investigation, the coffee shop was closed for about a year and half.

And I have mentioned my 92 year old neighbor several times around here. He gets most of the credit for restoring and keeping the table stored for 1-1/2 years, and he now gets free coffee for life.

Good for you ron!.

A virtual "pat on the back " for your 92 year old neighbor --- Way to go !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    A virtual "pat on the back " for your 92 year old neighbor --- Way to go !!!
    Last Friday he was transported for emergency surgery for a strangulated bowel and they removed a section of his colon. This morning he was out walking his dog. Amazing guy.

Samoan folk can be quite persuasive... Cook Islanders moreso.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Years ago I saw a guy attempt that. Unfortunately for him, a rather large gentleman of the Samoan persuasion took umbrage at the attempt.

When I was running a scout troop one of our larger senior scouts, about 17, stiff armed a bag snatcher as he ran away. Bloke got very abusive and threatening, another bystander kicked him where it hurt most.
    And in Rome I saw a cut purse treated the same way by two travelling rugby league players. He pulled a knife and had his face seriously altered as a result.

Better far than a warning from a magistrate.

Very short and direct social education.