Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Owl

Default Re: Baby Owl

You're very kind. Posting is an act of love - I love these animals and have gotten much more from them than the other way around.

So, the link to the facebook page didn't work? I'm not good at figuring out how to post things. Really annoying.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Great contributions Mrs. Shang. Your hubby has related some information on your rehab efforts before but this is special. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Added -
    Still no pics.
    John link to pics in post 29.

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Lacey Act, among others have very narrow requirements but yes, I've stretched the rules a bit too. Well, no, not really.

I'm sure you're familiar with the eagle repository in Denver - https://www.fws.gov/eaglerepository/

I've worked with Native American dancers who have had to get a permit to have raptor feathers. I'm glad they're protected because people really do believe they can and should be able to "own" raptors. I just wish mammals and reptiles had the same protection.

So did I, honey.

So did I.

I pulled a shot Peregrine out of the water when fishing once. Took it to the Zoo vet, it survived and was released where I found it.

Here's the video of him just seconds before he flew off. I think he's an adult who either hit a car or a window... which explains the shock.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

About how tall was he? And where do you live? I'm asking because he doesn't look quite like the species I'm familiar with.

I really love reading the rescue stories.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Ian is in Thailand. Possibly an Asian barred owlet

Thanks Jimmy. I think you're probably right and if so, I'm thinking he's a juvenile.

Glad he was able to fly away.