Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the presidential medal of adultery goes to

Default Re: the presidential medal of adultery goes to

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    If he starts talking about supporting reparations, then he's looking for the black vote. You know, like the Democrats.
    The Cablinasian vote, if you don't mind.... Tiger refers to his ethnic make-up as "Cablinasian" (a syllabic abbreviation he coined from Caucasian, Black, American Indian, and Asian).
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    What a joke! I like Tiger as much as the next person, but this award for playing golf?
    I don't like him at all. He betrayed his wifes trust, broke his vows- his solemn word- lied through his teeth, busted up his family and then wallowed in self pity. He's a piece of $#it- just like the scum bag who will be presenting him with his little medal. JayInOz

Bit unusual to make such an award before the sportsman retires.
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by JayInOz View Post
    I don't like him at all. He betrayed his wifes trust, broke his vows- his solemn word- lied through his teeth, busted up his family and then wallowed in self pity. He's a piece of $#it- just like the scum bag who will be presenting him with his little medal. JayInOz
    Come on, give Tiger a bit of credit for putting that behind him....

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Tiger Woods was my hero... how many girlfriends did he um....juggle...for how long?

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

It's obvious to me that Trump has no idea as to who should receive the Medal of Freedom.

OK, I stand corrected. There's a long tradition of giving the 'Medal of Freedom' to sports figures. Why, I have no idea, but this is no different than giving it to Arnold Palmer. There's plenty to criticize about Mr Trump, but not this. Thanks mdh for making a cogent argument with facts.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    OK, I stand corrected. There's a long tradition of giving the 'Medal of Freedom' to sports figures. Why, I have no idea, but this is no different than giving it to Arnold Palmer. There's plenty to criticize about Mr Trump, but not this. Thanks mdh for making a cogent argument with facts.
    I can understand Ali, it wasn't only his boxing abilities, he also fought against discrimination, and as Trump says, many other things which changed the attitudes of all Americans. Woods just swung a club, granted, well but, there's no meat here about what he's done, a cause for example.

Whatever - I'd not been aware of the history of giving the award to sports dudes either. My feelings about whether Tiger Woods "deserves" the highest civilian award America can bestow haven't changed ... but in this thing Trump's not being any more ridiculous than some of his predecessors.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Woods might be a more apt choice than Trump means or even could comprehend. I've not really followed the sport of idiots and I loath the environmental impact of golf courses but consider the new narrative:

Woods was an arrogant, inconsiderate, faithless slut. Then life went wrong for him and he entered a time of physical and moral torment during which it looked like he could never rise again in moral or sporting stature. But he did. Now he's officially a nice guy, family oriented, and has overcome his various injuries to become a winner again. And we all love redemption stories. Great material for a dewey movie.
    Well said, sir.

I was never a Woods fan and considered him a highly talented jerk. I didn't feel bad for him when his life unraveled either because of his bad behavior.

However, the tremendous joy he showed on the 18th green and his celebration with his family was quite telling about who he is now. I think he's come around to being a good human. I hope it sticks.

Thumbs up Ian.. Bottom line, Trump gives Woods a carrot, now Woods has to play golf with him so he can win!

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Thumbs up Ian.. Bottom line, Trump gives Woods a carrot, now Woods has to play golf with him so he can win!
    Can't you see the tweet? "I beat Tiger! Bigly!"
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Can't you see the tweet? "I beat Tiger! Bigly!"
    It will come out in a tweet tomorrow JoP! Give Trump time, he's got a pile to put out today but, he only has an hour to do so, usually 6AM to 7AM is scheduled for such garbage.

Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"